Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Kit Tips > Professional Gear

Old 10-04-2004, 04:16   #1
optactical
Quiet Professional

What would you like to see?

A little background: I started the website www.optactical.com last year while in language school since I felt like a spectator while a two front war was being fought. I have since left school, and also have left the store, it is being run by my family while I am at my current duty station. I still do all website editting and product selection, I just don't fill boxes anymore.

The point of this post: I am now have time to add new stuff to the site and expand the store. I started this store to get gear to Soldiers that they need, even though OPTG does make money off of the poser market and airsoft market, the main focus of the website is to get gear to Soldiers either deploying or already deployed in a quick and orderly fashion, ie with as few backorders as possible.

Any suggestions for what people would like to see on a website that can be sent to the sandbox or to their units as mission prep is done please post them here. Please make sure they go with the theme of the site, such as brands of gear etc. I do not sell Copenhagen, nor will I ever, let's stick to what a Soldier will wear on his person or place in his pockets or gear while deployed.

Things already on the list: better holsters (Safariland), SDS gear (check their website if you beleive that NVA rumor), more sniper gear, Brigade Quartermaster's brand sundries, some basic med supplies, new slings, reflex sights and camping equipment.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.
Old 10-04-2004, 07:33   #2
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

I think you should sell all of the Spec Ops Brand stuff. I have the knife sheath and wallets and it is very good kit.

SWMS gloves

rain gear/parkas

Oakley boots and glasses

Also, learn to take AMEX. LOL
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 09:43   #3
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Quote:
Originally Posted by NousDefionsDoc
Also, learn to take AMEX. LOL
Agreed! LOL
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 11:44   #4
optactical
Quiet Professional

The SOB order was placed in May, we just haven't stayed on top of it, right now the THE packs are what is holding it up. I will be ordering more stuff very soon from them. Sorry, gloves, uniforms, boots, anything with a size will not be stocked till we move into a bigger facility and take on more help.

Discovery, Amex applications will be in soon, we should be taking them by Christmas. I wanted to add them back in May but never got around to it, sorry.

New pics were added to the site today of the Warlords, HSGI hydration carrier, and some SO Tech stuff. More will be added every weekend. I am in contact now with Jetboil and Z-Medica based on customer requests dating back to the spring also. Mildot Masters and Paraclete are also in the correspondence stage.
Old 10-04-2004, 11:50   #5
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Be careful about med supplies. They expire and most medics go to dedicated suppliers or just steal the stuff. I would look at non-expendables like tourniquets and minor surge sets, long shelf life bandages, etc. Also, with lawsuits the way they are, I would be wary of the med stuff being misused and somebody trying to suit the guy that sold it to an idiot. Sounds far-fetched I know, but people try to suit gun manufacturers for criminal acts...

Roger on the sized stuff.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 10-04-2004, 12:12   #6
optactical
Quiet Professional

NDD would that include the Quikclot stuff? I am still in the research stage, and I don't think I need to elaborate on the part about me being a knuckle dragging Bravo...
Old 10-04-2004, 12:16   #7
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by optactical
NDD would that include the Quikclot stuff? I am still in the research stage, and I don't think I need to elaborate on the part about me being a knuckle dragging Bravo...
Yeah Bro, I wouldn't mess with it. Looks like more trouble than its worth unless you are in that business.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 10-04-2004, 13:33   #8
Tuukka
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by optactical
I started this store to get gear to Soldiers that they need, even though OPTG does make money off of the poser market and airsoft market, the main focus of the website is to get gear to Soldiers either deploying or already deployed in a quick and orderly fashion, ie with as few backorders as possible.
Do not take this the wrong way but what about the people who take their weapons and gear seriously and do not fall in the poser/airsoft category.
Old 10-05-2004, 16:06   #9
Rotor Strike

Didn't see knives or eyepro on your site. Might be something you would want to look into.
Old 10-09-2004, 06:37   #10
optactical
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuukka
Do not take this the wrong way but what about the people who take their weapons and gear seriously and do not fall in the poser/airsoft category.
Semantics on an SF site? Don't read into it too much.

Shop all you want dude, we'll keep our shelves filled. I guess if I could go back in time and start my store for you too I would, but it's too late for that.

I don't turn away business, if you feel that "People who take their gear seriously" want to see different stuff on the site, then tell me what it is you want to see.

Since you are from Europe, you might be happy to know we will be adding Global Priority to our shipping options, cheaper rates for all...
Old 10-09-2004, 06:38   #11
optactical
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Renuart
Didn't see knives or eyepro on your site. Might be something you would want to look into.
Knives, maybe.

Eyepro, definitely
Old 10-09-2004, 07:29   #12
Huey14
Kia ora, bro

Perhaps torches, multi tools and snap lights?

"That block was already messed up."
Huey14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 05:19   #13
Tuukka
Guerrilla

optactical, was not meant as an "attack" of any sort, my mistake.

I was meaning the civilians who do have some kind of firesticks and also use their gear more than just look good in the mirror
Old 10-10-2004, 08:21   #14
optactical
Quiet Professional

It was never perceived as an attack. It's just that I never knew of, therefore never considered, the market to enthusiaists when the store began. I didn't have a clue about airsoft or guys who play dress up with their cameras either. I never thought someone out there would try to emulate what I and my peers do, not that it's strange, but it just never occured to me.

As a shooting and outdoors enthusiast it makes total sense to me though, I guess I was one of you all along...I just get most of my stuff for free, and have most of my fun on the gov's dime.
Old 10-13-2004, 15:45   #15
militarymoron
Guerrilla

hey OP, how's it going dude?
when you finally get a wish list together of things that could be sent over to needy troops, how about putting different 'packages' together that people can pick? package A costs $50, package B costs $75 etc. i get emails from people asking what kind of gear they should send in care packages overseas (from parents, relatives etc, who don't really know much about the subject), but not having the practical experience myself, i can only guess at what's needed.
next time someone asks me that, it'd be cool to refer them to a vendor (you, maybe), and tell them to select from different packages based on cost, and they can be assured that the contents have been well thought out for them.
cheers,
MM
militarymoron is offline   Reply With Quote