Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Area Studies > Middle East

Old 11-02-2011, 11:16   #1
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

Interesting Video............

BBC doc aims to reveal “Secret Pakistan”

www.realscreen.com

UK pubcaster BBC2 will tonight premiere a documentary which it claims will reveal "startling evidence of the extent of Pakistan's support for the Taliban's war against British and American troops in Afghanistan."

Big Teddy

Bump
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII

Last edited by greenberetTFS; 11-02-2011 at 13:57.
greenberetTFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 22:37   #2
grigori
Guerrilla

Will have to watch it.

Thank you sir for notifying.
grigori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:51   #3
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

This is with reference to the BBC documentary titled "Secret Pakistan",the videos have been put up on youtube,it is a two episode documentry. The post has been corrected regarding the malformed link status.........

1)Link for the first episode(6 parts each)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YFbn...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDuJJ...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-Hqx...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuVON...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMndW...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghQeJ...eature=related

2)These are the links for episode-2(again 6 parts)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k6we...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2QI7...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpKTb...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXshS...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heYWw...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwoNv...eature=related

Big Teddy
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

Last edited by greenberetTFS; 11-08-2011 at 15:59. Reason: Repair malformed links.............
Old 11-09-2011, 09:55   #4
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

Pakistan is not our allie,this video proves it...............

Big Teddy
Zonie Diver

Jack Moroney

Old 11-09-2011, 11:08   #5
grigori
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenberetTFS View Post
Pakistan is not our allie,this video proves it...............

Big Teddy
Its worse for my country we have Pakistan on the left and China to the right,both who would to pay to watch us get destroyed.

After reading numerous books and watching interviews of ex-ISI,ex-Pakistan Army officers I have observed that the Pakistani Army,ISI and their Govt. are indirectly hinting that like the Soviets the Americans will too someday leave Afghanistan,we on the other hand have to live with the Afghans everyday so better to think long term for the interest of Pakistan and Islam.Hence we'll covertly do what we think is right.

Anyway after the Americans leave Pakistan will get back to disturb us full time.
grigori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 14:28   #6
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brush Okie View Post
link says it is a malformed video. Can you double check
The video has been fixed and proves to me that we are nuts to give Pakistan foreign aid,we have plenty of need for that money right here at home...........

Big Teddy
Zonie Diver

Jack Moroney

Old 11-09-2011, 16:29   #7
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenberetTFS View Post
The video has been fixed and proves to me that we are nuts to give Pakistan foreign aid,we have plenty of need for that money right here at home...........

Big Teddy
Concur. Another gaggle of oxygen thieves.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:53   #8
Richard
Quiet Professional

We seem to have a penchant for locating foreign policy tar babies...and then, like Brer Rabbit, grabbing hold of them. Does nobody read Uncle Remus anymore? Will we ever learn?

Pakistan lies. It hosted Osama bin Laden (knowingly or not). Its government is barely functional. It hates the democracy next door. It is home to both radical jihadists and a large and growing nuclear arsenal (which it fears the U.S. will seize). Its intelligence service sponsors terrorists who attack American troops. With a friend like this, who needs enemies?

And then there is this frightening vision:

In their post-Abbottabad discussion, General Kayani wanted to know what additional steps General Kidwai was taking to protect his nation’s nuclear weapons from the threat of an American raid. General Kidwai made the same assurances he has made many times to Pakistan’s leaders: Pakistan’s program was sufficiently hardened, and dispersed, so that the U.S. would have to mount a sizable invasion of the country in order to neutralize its weapons; a raid on the scale of the Abbottabad incursion would simply not suffice.

Still, General Kidwai promised that he would redouble the SPD’s efforts to keep his country’s weapons far from the prying eyes, and long arms, of the Americans, and so he did: according to multiple sources in Pakistan, he ordered an increase in the tempo of the dispersal of nuclear-weapons components and other sensitive materials. One method the SPD uses to ensure the safety of its nuclear weapons is to move them among the 15 or more facilities that handle them. Nuclear weapons must go to the shop for occasional maintenance, and so they must be moved to suitably equipped facilities, but Pakistan is also said to move them about the country in an attempt to keep American and Indian intelligence agencies guessing about their locations.

Nuclear-weapons components are sometimes moved by helicopter and sometimes moved over roads. And instead of moving nuclear material in armored, well-defended convoys, the SPD prefers to move material by subterfuge, in civilian-style vehicles without noticeable defenses, in the regular flow of traffic. According to both Pakistani and American sources, vans with a modest security profile are sometimes the preferred conveyance. And according to a senior U.S. intelligence official, the Pakistanis have begun using this low-security method to transfer not merely the “de-mated” component nuclear parts but “mated” nuclear weapons. Western nuclear experts have feared that Pakistan is building small, “tactical” nuclear weapons for quick deployment on the battlefield. In fact, not only is Pakistan building these devices, it is also now moving them over roads.

What this means, in essence, is this: In a country that is home to the harshest variants of Muslim fundamentalism, and to the headquarters of the organizations that espouse these extremist ideologies, including al-Qaeda, the Haqqani network, and Lashkar-e-Taiba (which conducted the devastating terror attacks on Mumbai three years ago that killed nearly 200 civilians), nuclear bombs capable of destroying entire cities are transported in delivery vans on congested and dangerous roads. And Pakistani and American sources say that since the raid on Abbottabad, the Pakistanis have provoked anxiety inside the Pentagon by increasing the pace of these movements. In other words, the Pakistani government is willing to make its nuclear weapons more vulnerable to theft by jihadists simply to hide them from the United States, the country that funds much of its military budget.

The Ally From Hell
Atlantic, Dec 2011

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/...rom-hell/8730/

And so it goes...

Richard
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:10   #9
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
We seem to have a penchant for locating foreign policy tar babies...and then, like Brer Rabbit, grabbing hold of them. Does nobody read Uncle Remus anymore?

And so it goes...

Richard
"Crow and corn can't grow in the same field."

"Mole don't see what his neighbor's doin'."
Old 11-10-2011, 08:52   #10
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard
We seem to have a penchant for locating foreign policy tar babies...and then, like Brer Rabbit, grabbing hold of them. Does nobody read Uncle Remus anymore?

And so it goes...

Richard
As usual Richard you gave more than a yes or no answer.......... You're opening statement really says it all......... I completely concur with your in depth post,they certainly are our tar baby our Ally from Hell..........

Big Teddy
Zonie Diver

Jack Moroney

Old 11-10-2011, 15:28   #11
ZonieDiver
Quiet Professional

Great video find, Big Teddy! Yep... it's indeed a "tar baby"! The longer we wait, the harder it gets to deal with. It would make a very nice parking lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s1MspmfEwg
Old 11-11-2011, 13:59   #12
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonieDiver View Post
Great video find, Big Teddy! Yep... it's indeed a "tar baby"! The longer we wait, the harder it gets to deal with. It would make a very nice parking lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s1MspmfEwg
Zonie,that site and her response was perfect...............

Big Teddy
Zonie Diver

Jack Moroney

Old 11-13-2011, 06:55   #13
Utah Bob
Quiet Professional

I am far more concerned about the Paks nuclear stockpile causing problems than I am N. Korea. When a Jihadist cell sets off a mushroom cloud somewhere, it will most probably be from materials obtained from Pakistan.The Pakistani government has always played the US for a fool. We have dumped billions down a Muslim hole in vain. Our focus should have been on India as the main ally in that region.
Things are going to get much worse.
Lazy Bob Ranch
Utah Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 15:53   #14
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utah Bob View Post
I am far more concerned about the Paks nuclear stockpile causing problems than I am N. Korea. When a Jihadist cell sets off a mushroom cloud somewhere, it will most probably be from materials obtained from Pakistan.The Pakistani government has always played the US for a fool. We have dumped billions down a Muslim hole in vain. Our focus should have been on India as the main ally in that region.
Things are going to get much worse...
I totally agree with you,we blew it,we should have gone with India........

Big Teddy
Zonie Diver

Jack Moroney