Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 07-27-2013, 10:34   #16
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

These atheists who are trying to bring down the system will not fare nearly as well under sharia rule.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:58   #17
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
These atheists who are trying to bring down the system will not fare nearly as well under sharia rule.

TR
Nor will the Jews, Gays, Lesbians, Eco Nuts, Animal Rights......anyone who goes against the will of Allah as seen by the Islamists.

Hell of a lot of of Leon Trotsky's in the making.

While I don't condone calling people names, it would be interesting to hear the other side of the story and what precipitated the 'Jew' remark towards Mikey's son.

Well............from Casey Weinstein

Quote:
To: “Detractor”
Subject: Re: A Jewish Parent’s Response to Mikey Weinstein

Dear sir,
My name is Casey Weinstein. I am Mikey Weinstein’s son, a 2004 graduate of the Air Force Academy. It’s come to my attention that you wrote a note to MRFF and my family announcing that ‘all is clear’ at the Academy. While I am truly glad to hear that your children have not encountered religious harassment or institutional violations of the separation of church and state, I’m concerned by the tone of your email, particularly since you neglected to thank my father and my family for elevating this issue to the point of at least partial resolution. Indeed, taken at face value, your note is a slap in the face to my family. Are you insinuating that there is and has been NO problem at the Academy? Assuming I interpreted your email correctly, I’d like to share a few points with you:

1) My brother Curtis (class of 2007) and I did receive more than our share of harassment, intolerance, and institutional evangelization during our tenior at the Academy. Since you seem to be unaware, I’ll give you some examples of what we dealt with:
- Being called a ‘Fucking Jew’ and being addressed solely as ‘Jew’ by some of our classmates
- Having to march in ‘Heathen flight’ during Basic Cadet Training
- Being ostracized from our classmates for attending Friday night services, as training sessions conflicted with services at that time
- Sitting through countless mandatory briefings from members of our chain-of-command and ‘motivational’ speakers who were overtly pushing Christianity
- Having my fellow cadets pressure me to convert to Christianity
- Having post cards for ‘The Passion of the Christ’ plastered all over the Academy
- Having my Vice Wing Commander send out a wing-wide email advertising a ‘cadet-only’ screening and bashing anyone who took issue with the film
- Having my Rabbi agree to turn the National Prayer Breakfast into a Christian Service, and warning us not to make a fuss about it

*Note that this is a small sampling of what happened to us personally. There are far more heinous acts that have been and are being committed against our thousands of clients who have contacted us for help since we went public and founded MRFF

2) Beyond what happened at the Academy, my wife (also my classmate from USAFA) and I experienced countless incidents of religious harassment in the Active Duty Air Force that are far too numerous to list here.

3) My family has experienced a series of hateful acts against us personally, including having our tires slashed, windows shot out, thousands of death-threats leveled against us over the years, and a swastica and cross plastered over the front of our home. My father also sacrificed his and my mom’s financial security to make this cause his life’s work. So, this is personal for us.

4) We are not a ‘Jewish’ organization. In fact, the vast majority of our clients are Christian. So, you are spot on when you note that your observations are not ‘scientific’ – particularly since you’ve never spent a day as a Cadet – yet you feel comfortable enough to have formed an opinion about the entire institution.

Finally, my wife, who is also my classmate from the Air Force Academy, was never raped during the sexual assault scandal that we went through while cadets, though she did experience a harrowing incident that I won’t detail in this note. I would never think, however, to tell her that (in my opinion) I thought all was fine, and that The Academy does a great job of preventing and prosecuting sexual assaults. That seems to be what you’re telling us about the religious climate, though.

I hope you’ll understand that we have paid and are paying a significant price for speaking up about this. Before you signal that the issue we’ve fought so hard for as a family is non-existent, you should remember that.

Casey Weinstein
http://www.militaryreligiousfreedom....adets-vs-mrff/

I may be wrong, but seems like a whole lot of drama, whole lot of butt hurt, a whole lot of poor me and a whole lot of the world is against me.....I was just standing here, minding my own business, not bothering a soul and I got picked on for absolutely no reason.

And Mikey, he is a lawyer, he got some money, he thinks he kid can do no wrong and decides to get even while making a buck. Mikey might be one of those parents that show up at school with legal representation over a grade card.

Last edited by Paslode; 07-27-2013 at 12:29.
Paslode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:31   #18
MR2
Quiet Professional

People who do not see the similarity between Islam and the Borg will never get it (until the sword descends).

It's Never Crowded Along the Extra Mile - Wayne Dyer

WOKE = Willfully Overlooking Known Evil
MR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:40   #19
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paslode View Post
Nor will the Jews, Gays, Lesbians, Eco Nuts, Animal Rights......anyone who goes against the will of Allah as seen by the Islamists.

Hell of a lot of of Leon Trotsky's in the making.

While I don't condone calling people names, it would be interesting to hear the other side of the story and what precipitated the 'Jew' remark towards Mikey's son.

Well............from Casey Weinstein

http://www.militaryreligiousfreedom....adets-vs-mrff/

I may be wrong, but seems like a whole lot of drama, whole lot of butt hurt, a whole lot of poor me and a whole lot of the world is against me.....I was just standing here, minding my own business, not bothering a soul and I got picked on for absolutely no reason.

And Mikey, he is a lawyer, he got some money, he thinks he kid can do no wrong and decides to get even while making a buck. Mikey might be one of those parents that show up at school with legal representation over a grade card.

I concur.

I my 25+ years of service in Infantry and SF units I have never seen anything more than a little friendly ribbing between Christians and Jewish soldiers. And it went both ways.

Maybe this had a lot more to do with his activism and looking for trouble, than any real discrimination.

In fact, the only incidents of threats or violence I saw during my service were committed by minorities.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:42   #20
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR2 View Post
People who do not see the similarity between Islam and the Borg will never get it (until the sword descends).
You will assimilate.....

Oh Paslode there you go again.....

Islam is a religion of PEACE, just ask my buddy Algar the Albanian Muslim who studying civil engineering at the local college on a student visa.

Islam is a religion of peace, it is what they have all told me.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:50   #21
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
I concur.

I my 25+ years of service in Infantry and SF units I have never seen anything more than a little friendly ribbing between Christians and Jewish soldiers. And it went both ways.

Maybe this had a lot more to do with his activism and looking for trouble, than any real discrimination.

In fact, the only incidents of threats or violence I saw during my service were committed by minorities.

TR
A soccer coach said to me awhile back that

Quote:
If you are having doubts then your daughter will undoubtedly pick up on it and could cloud her opinion of the same coach
According to the dubious source Wiki, Mikey has written:

Quote:
He has written that at the Academy he encountered a string of incidents of psychological harassment, including notes emblazoned with swastikas and anti-Semitic slurs, death threats, and two violent incidents of hazing where he was ambushed, beaten, and in one case hospitalized.[2]

Amazing his 2 sons appear to have had very similar the same experiences.
Old 07-27-2013, 15:33   #22
Scimitar
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishsquid View Post
like a penis. It's ok to have one, and it's ok to be proud of it, but it's not ok to take it out and wave it around."
good grief Irish, now were's the fun in that?

S

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp"
-- Robert Browning

"Hooah! Pushing thru the shit til Daisies grow, Sir"
-- Me

"Malo mori quam foedari"
"Death before Dishonour"
-- Family Coat-of-Arms Maxim

"Mārohirohi! Kia Kaha!"
"Be strong! Drive-on!"
-- Māori saying
Scimitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 05:10   #23
The_Mentalist
Guerrilla

Quote:
[The MRFF claimed Lt. Col. Reyes violated military regulation AFI 1-1, section 2.11 which requires 'Leaders at all levels must...avoid the actual or apparent use of their position to promote their personal religious beliefs to their subordinates...'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2aKisMxxU
Ok, as far as I know, all of the Chaplains subordinates are in the chaplains corps and I doubt that ANY of them would take offense to this. As far as it being on a website, I do believe that one clicks on any page voluntarily and as such is NOT forced to read any article. So, where is the force.

As to the individuals in the academy, I will stand against any one forcing their beliefs on me no matter what those beliefs are. I honestly think these guys were being pushy about their religion and got some push back. Every one has a right to their beliefs, whether Christian, Jew, Muslim, atheist or any thing else. They even have a right to evangelize. However, if I tell them I am not interested and they continue, THEN it is a violation of my rights and you may not like what I have to say on return.

Sundays in church in basic.... As much as not forcing religion on you, the .gov can not deny your religious beliefs and practices. So, Sunday passes for church are not to force you into religion but to comply with with the constitution in not "restricting the free exercise thereof". So, if you are stuck policing the barracks, that is your choice. Don't pick and choose what part of religion you want to follow. Sunday being a day of rest is a judeao Christian principle having to do with genesis. If you absolutely decry faith in God, then you also decry Sunday off.
The_Mentalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:15   #24
Richard
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mentalist View Post
Sundays in church in basic.... As much as not forcing religion on you, the .gov can not deny your religious beliefs and practices. So, Sunday passes for church are not to force you into religion but to comply with with the constitution in not "restricting the free exercise thereof". So, if you are stuck policing the barracks, that is your choice. Don't pick and choose what part of religion you want to follow. Sunday being a day of rest is a judeao Christian principle having to do with genesis. If you absolutely decry faith in God, then you also decry Sunday off.
Sunday isn't - the "sabbath" is, and, by our calendar, it is Sunday for most Christians but other days for some Christian groups and many other religious beliefs, such as the majority (but not all) of those "Judeo-" ffolkes you mention.

Richard
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:35   #25
BryanK
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM View Post
¿Que? I'm not sure I could either.

Pat
I was pointing out that their moral compass is so screwed up, that even when they head in the direction of malfeasance, they can't even get that right. Clear as mud?

"Too many men work on parts of things. Doing a job to completion, satisfies me."- Richard Proenneke
BryanK is offline   Reply With Quote