Old 02-28-2020, 11:38   #241
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
After reading this thread for a month, I decided to put this great information to good use and get some personal virus protection

I think it's working, As soon as I tried it I received an email from a Nigerian Prince wanting to send me 2M Naira for the advanced version of the ransomware..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fbp7z24uonj41.jpg (85.1 KB, 15 views)

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 12:12   #242
PSM
Area Commander

Trump needs to make MAGA masks to hand out at his rallies.

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 13:18   #243
grog18b
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM View Post
Trump needs to make MAGA masks to hand out at his rallies.
Red ones.

Bernie can do it too, but his can have little hammers and sickles on them.

So... just like baby seals, we know who we're clubbing when the time comes.

Quote:
Finally, I believe that punishing lawful gun owners by creating new, more onerous laws, and restricting Constitutionally guaranteed rights, when we already don't enforce the tens of thousands of gun laws we have on the books, is like beating your dog because the neighbor's dog shit in your yard.
"The Reaper"
grog18b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 17:07   #244
Last hard class
Quiet Professional

A lot of stock market volatility since my last post on this thread. I hope at least one person here tuned into my message ( I know, it seems so obvious now). We are trained to be complacent with our money even when clear opportunities present themselves. Most of my QP friends are willing to jump into the fire to risk life and limb, but they won't take their wallet with them.

LHC
Old 02-28-2020, 18:47   #245
Mustang Man
Guerrilla

For swing traders I would avoid these dips for at least a month. The drop in supply and earnings aren't baked into stocks yet. Also, every market reaction is an over reaction, and there will be plenty of catalyst action caused by media coverage of Corona as it spreads in the U.S., causing more panick sells. Be patient and wait for a natural recovery, you wouldn't buy a half dead dog the same way you shouldn't buy a half dead stock.

Overall, as long you have a plan, exit strategy, and aren't investing/trading money you may immediately need, you'll be fine. And take this as a learning experience, now you know who and who not to listen to. People like Last Hard Class with good insight and not the talking head clowns on TV.

And for the record I'm not a CPA.

BMT

Last edited by Mustang Man; 02-28-2020 at 18:50.
Mustang Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 20:08   #246
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

This is an insightful article from Popular Science on the R0 calculation, disease spread and mortality of a virus/disease. Worth reading.

https://apple.news/ArgncymdGSxGc41mE6emVog

And it’s beginning to show where this COVID-19 falls into other more deadly diseases over the years. Although this one is still so new that things and assessments are changing daily.

And P.S. my 401K has lost about $30k - $40k this week so I’m pretty pissed about the knee jerk reaction to the chicken little sky is falling bullsh!t.

ETA: Another excellent article from Popular Science about preparing for a pandemic outbreak of COVID-19 or the flu.

https://apple.news/AMiD3xO_iSUyr2JjKbx9jzA

P.S.2. It was not a very smart thing to bring infected people from China and Japan to the United States thinking some government agency here is going to do a better job than the failure that was Wuhan and the Diamond Princess. Not only are HHS workers exposed to the virus it seems that “Unknown Victim One and now Unknown Victim Two will probably trace back to Travis AFB and the site of ground zero in California.

Why have islands in the Pacific like Johnson and Midway if we can’t quarantine people and airplanes for a month or longer? Should have never brought these people to the United States.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)

Last edited by Old Dog New Trick; 02-28-2020 at 20:33.
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 20:37   #247
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog New Trick View Post
And P.S. my 401K has lost about $30k - $40k this week so I’m pretty pissed about the knee jerk reaction to the chicken little sky is falling bullsh!t.
That is an awful feeling, but hen the dust settles you will recoup your losses and then some.
Old 02-28-2020, 20:53   #248
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paslode View Post
That is an awful feeling, but hen the dust settles you will recoup your losses and then some.
Yes, I know, I still have time left to recover what was lost in 2008 again and again but some people don’t...this hits recent retirees hard and it’s over BS!

Let’s stop hating Trump so much that we would rather see our country fail than see the orange man in the White House succeed.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old 02-28-2020, 20:54   #249
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:

You're still working so this is a buying opportunity. I did very well after 9/11 and '08. Hang in there.

Quote:
P.S.2. It was not a very smart thing to bring infected people from China and Japan to the United States thinking some government agency here is going to do a better job than the failure that was Wuhan and the Diamond Princess. Not only are HHS workers exposed to the virus it seems that “Unknown Victim One and now Unknown Victim Two will probably trace back to Travis AFB and the site of ground zero in California.

Why have islands in the Pacific like Johnson and Midway if we can’t quarantine people and airplanes for a month or longer? Should have never brought these people to the United States.
Excellent point! ETA: Well, except for the housing problem.

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken

Last edited by PSM; 02-28-2020 at 21:51.
Old 02-28-2020, 20:58   #250
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Yes, I know, I still have time left to recover what was lost in 2008 again and again but some people don’t...this hits recent retirees hard and it’s over BS!
We're retired and were hit way harder than you and, even through we have only SS as income and can't really buy more, I know that what we have will rebound quickly. Especially after the next election. I don't panic. Unfortunately some do.

Old 02-28-2020, 21:22   #251
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Why have islands in the Pacific like Johnson and Midway if we can’t quarantine people and airplanes for a month or longer? Should have never brought these people to the United States.[/COLOR]
I wonder if the Ambassador that ok'd the transport of the infected ones back to CONUS and (apparently from many sources) against a direct order from Trump to the contrary has joined the unemployed ranks.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 06:46   #252
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
I wonder if the Ambassador that ok'd the transport of the infected ones back to CONUS and (apparently from many sources) against a direct order from Trump to the contrary has joined the unemployed ranks.
This is an interesting political quandary.

If 45 publicly stated he doesn't want American to return, the D's will use that as ax on the campaign trail,

nee: heartless, uncaring, un-Christian, un-American, ......

If 45 publicly states he wants Americans to return, and it causes a "pandemic" of cluster infections, the D's will have another ax on the campaign trail,

nee: bungling, sloppy, dangerous, inept, incompetent, ......

UPDATE:
I grabbed this off Dan's Instagram feed..
Sound Strange and Stupid?
That's the way they think..

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"

Last edited by JJ_BPK; 02-29-2020 at 09:29.
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 09:04   #253
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Let’s stop hating Trump so much that we would rather see our country fail than see the orange man in the White House succeed.
We'll we both know that there are many people out there who lives are running on hatred. They are so over the top that I firmly believe they would intentionally self-contaminate/infect themselves and others to achieve their goal.

I don't believe there is any hope for them, and there is only one cure for their kind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
And so many are now blaming Trump for allowing the passengers from the Diamond Princess back into the US and possibly infecting others who are label as infected through unknown origins.In addition the HHS is getting flak for lack of PPE when this Ambassador deemed that all were virus free. What I have yet to hear from anyone is possibly relationship those infected through unknown origins may have with a very porous border.

Last edited by Paslode; 02-29-2020 at 09:11.
Paslode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 10:24   #254
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM View Post
Excellent point! ETA: Well, except for the housing problem.
We are the best country in the world at building tent cities and don’t we have an abundance of inflatable hospitals laying around somewhere.

On top of that we are also the best country in the world at sending medical doctors, nurses and laboratory technicians on short notice anywhere needed. Be they active duty, NG, or reserve.

One would hope that these assets were briefed to POTUS at the earliest time? “Sir, we can mobilize the JBLM (Lewis/MacChord) and JBPH (Pearl Harbor) to Midway Island and establish a short term quarantine for up a thousand US and foreign citizens in 48 to 72 hours. I just need you to sign here.” (General Mark Milley CJCS - Sec Def Mark Esper)

Approved, and give the CDC a call and tell them to send their very best epidemiologist along.

We know how to do this shit! Hot zone, neutral decontamination areas and cold zones for non-infectious people. Three week to a couple months vacation in the Pacific the temperatures are great this time of year.

Old 02-29-2020, 11:17   #255
EricV
Guerrilla

Quote:
We are the best country in the world at building tent cities and don’t we have an abundance of inflatable hospitals laying around somewhere.

On top of that we are also the best country in the world at sending medical doctors, nurses and laboratory technicians on short notice anywhere needed. Be they active duty, NG, or reserve.

One would hope that these assets were briefed to POTUS at the earliest time? “Sir, we can mobilize the JBLM (Lewis/MacChord) and JBPH (Pearl Harbor) to Midway Island and establish a short term quarantine for up a thousand US and foreign citizens in 48 to 72 hours. I just need you to sign here.” (General Mark Milley CJCS - Sec Def Mark Esper)

Approved, and give the CDC a call and tell them to send their very best epidemiologist along.

We know how to do this shit! Hot zone, neutral decontamination areas and cold zones for non-infectious people. Three week to a couple months vacation in the Pacific the temperatures are great this time of year.
But why would they?? Most of them don't like Trump.