BMT (RIP)
Quiet Professional

SF WO's Pay

http://www.paraglideonline.net/index...rrantoff.shtml

BMT
Old 03-20-2005, 06:19   #2
GreenSalsa
Quiet Professional

I hope so but frankly I am not holding my breath...

Until its MILPER...its rumor...seen to many brief, heard too many talks, read too many papers.

Hope its true, but until the MILPER message is released, its rumor...they have been saying this since last December...and as of 20 Mar 05...that message is NOT released.

GreenSalsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 10:01   #3
Pattaya
Quiet Professional

I'll believe it when I see it. - I hope it's true.
Old 05-14-2005, 14:24   #4
CRad
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenSalsa

Hope its true, but until the MILPER message is released, its rumor...they have been saying this since last December...and as of 20 Mar 05...that message is NOT released.

What's the difference between MILPER message and SOCOM News Release? Is one official and one not? http://www.socom.mil/Releases/Retent..._Retention.pdf

At any rate, some of the CI WOs have started getting CRSB so it is doable for Warrants.
Old 05-14-2005, 17:59   #5
GreenSalsa
Quiet Professional

The MILPER is official and the News Release is not. I understand and have read the MILPER message granting CI WO the CSRB, but the 180A message has not been released. Word is that it is held up at JAG....hopefully it will be released. I am not holding my breath.

Last time 180As had a "sure thing" was SDAP. We actually were drawing it, and spending it until someone in legal thought it was "illegal" and in one month withdrew all the SDAP in a single paycheck. I personally know of at least two WO that had over $2,000 taken out of a single paycheck.

I don't spend money now until the MILPER message is released, otherwise (no offense to anyone) it is just a rumor.
Old 05-14-2005, 19:00   #6
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenSalsa
The MILPER is official and the News Release is not. I understand and have read the MILPER message granting CI WO the CSRB, but the 180A message has not been released. Word is that it is held up at JAG....hopefully it will be released. I am not holding my breath.

Last time 180As had a "sure thing" was SDAP. We actually were drawing it, and spending it until someone in legal thought it was "illegal" and in one month withdrew all the SDAP in a single paycheck. I personally know of at least two WO that had over $2,000 taken out of a single paycheck.

I don't spend money now until the MILPER message is released, otherwise (no offense to anyone) it is just a rumor.
If that ever happens again Chief, look up the Reg for Remission of Debt.

I think you might find it interesting. If you forget, ask your local IG for help.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 17:22   #7
GreenSalsa
Quiet Professional

Holy Cow! Stop the Presses! The CSRB is now available for 180As.

https://perscomnd04.army.mil/milperm...a?OpenDocument

I am actually VERY impressed.
Old 05-19-2005, 19:27   #8
Kyobanim

Good on you and your brothers. It's about time.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing."
Optimus Prime
Kyobanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 10:36   #9
GreenSalsa
Quiet Professional

When it rains it pours!

SF WARRANT OFFICER ACCESSION BONUS PROGRAM has just been approved!

MILPER 05-127

https://perscomnd04.army.mil/milperm...b?OpenDocument

Its almost like they want some of us to stay around.