Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Gourmet Guerrilla

Old 10-17-2014, 05:36   #1
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
De Espresso Liber Coffee

A new player hits the street?

http://www.deespressoliber.com/

https://www.facebook.com/GreenBeretCoffee

Are you here???

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 06:18   #2
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Anyone know who is the owner(s) are?

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 06:42   #3
Richard
Quiet Professional

I wish him luck - it's a competetive business.

Richard
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 08:47   #4
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

The pricing of the coffee is more than twice what I pay for similar beans from the same regions.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 08:48   #5
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
The pricing of the coffee is more than twice what I pay for similar beans from the same regions.

TR
Freedom ain't free
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 12:57   #6
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Seems the owner is here and I've cleared him/her hot to post.
Old 10-17-2014, 17:33   #7
DeEspressoLiber
Asset

De Espresso Liber Coffee

Gentlemen!

Glad to be cleared hot for this post.

First, Team Sergeant I appreciate the early waiver. As per my message to you and to be respectful for everyone else who had to wait the normal period prior to posting, I will only post on this thread and message folks on this line. I will read/observe other threads until the normal period is up and then I will double check with Team Sergeant for clearance before posting anything elsewhere.

Second, I appreciate the attention you all gave the company. I'm surprised that it has made it this far regardless since it's my first business venture following the active side of things.

Instead of typing a while, I will wait for any questions you all have regarding the company etc.. Please fire away and I will respond as soon as possible. My wife and I had our first little paratrooper drop in July 4th so the kid is doing the regular rollercoaster of waking up, crying, creating diaper bombs and eating. If I take a little while to respond I'm attending to my responsibilities.

Respect to you all and your past service regardless of branch. But, to the older SF vets, thank you for clearing the trail for the younger ones of us to travel.

I look forward to chatting soon.

DOL
De Espresso Liber

Last edited by DeEspressoLiber; 10-18-2014 at 13:12.
DeEspressoLiber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 19:37   #8
Debo
Quiet Professional

Welcome and good luck with your venture.

Are you going to offer some Vietnamese coffee? When you do, I'm in.

Cheers,

D.
Debo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 13:06   #9
DeEspressoLiber
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debo View Post

Cheers,

D.
D. - since you asked I'll look, but I can't promise anything.

I purchase my coffee from a supplier who goes directly to farms and offers direct trade, organic (aka hippy certified ) / tranditionally grown crops and I do my best to maintain an inventory of coffee I feel is very high quality.

I know Vietnam is one of the asian coffee powerhouses and will search for farms I can directly do business. If anyone already has a lead I can look into I am always open to new info.

DEL

Last edited by DeEspressoLiber; 10-18-2014 at 13:11.
DeEspressoLiber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 10:54   #10
Sdiver
Area Commander

Got the green light from A.W. to post this up.
He's been kinda busy and will only get busier here in awhile with drill coming up, so his shop is going to be down for awhile.

He posted up these "Kits" over on FB the other day.

I ordered the .30cal kit and he said it'll ship out sometime this week.

The t-shirts are XL and come in either Gray or Tan.

A.W. said he'll try and get on here when he gets a chance.

In the mean time, pick out which kit you'd like, send him an email via the listed email and he'll get it out to you.

ETA ... Part of the payment will also go out in support of the Green Beret Foundation !!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SF coffee 1.jpg (79.3 KB, 148 views)
File Type: jpg SF coffee 2.jpg (92.1 KB, 110 views)

Last edited by Sdiver; 02-08-2015 at 10:56.
Sdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 11:18   #11
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdiver View Post

ETA ... Part of the payment will also go out in support of the Green Beret Foundation !!!!
Thanks Sdiver... I was wondering if there was anything going back into the community.

R10

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 11:24   #12
Sdiver
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret10Echo View Post
Thanks Sdiver... I was wondering if there was anything going back into the community.

R10
A definite "Win-Win", in my opinion.

Here's part of an email we traded ...

Quote:
Once we are finished selling the combos I will calculate the profits and shoot out an email stating what was made along with how much will be donated to the Green Beret Foundation.

Additionally, please pass the word onto whoever might be interested in ordering that I have my annual training with 19th Group 13FEB-2MAR and will be pausing the coffee ops for a short period. I will get someone else to help with the business in the future to keep things roasting and shipping but until then my SF commitments will pause things every now and again.

I really appreciate your support and please let me know if there's anything else you would like to see offered with the business.
Sdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 13:14   #13
Flagg
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debo View Post

Cheers,

D.
We've got this place here in NZ:

https://www.zomato.com/photos/pv-res...MjI1MDg3NDU1Mz

We've been joking around saying that if you whisper "He's in the wire", you get a 10% discount.
Flagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 22:13   #14
RCummings
Guerrilla

De Espresso Liber

The company does an excellent job keeping everyone up to date with facebook posts. AW is a true professional taking care of customers, with the added benefit of donations to the GBF. De Espresso Liber is a perfect example of one of the many SF owned businesses that I watch for and support.

Bob
RCummings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 09:54   #15
Max_Tab
Quiet Professional

I got mine the other day. I had liked his page on FB and I won a drawing I didn't even know I was in. It's real good coffee, and I love to see the brothers doing good things when they get out. When I see it, I do what I can to get the word out.

Good job DeEspressoLiber, and thanks again for the coffee. I posted the pic on my FB and IG account trying to spread the word.

10968083_10203941634047884_1248517874_n.jpg

It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government.
Thomas Paine
Max_Tab is offline   Reply With Quote