Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > Base Camp

Old 09-04-2017, 19:45   #166
DClaudeW
Asset

James N Pruitt

[QUOTE=JYD73;436479]Gentlemen of the SOAs, 5th SFG(Abn), 1st SF, I am working on a case of a downgraded Medal of Honor nomination and I have noticed a couple of other very similar cases in doing research. These are cases that involve downgraded Medal of Honors to Distinguished Service Crosses.

I was in the same barrack's room as James N Pruitt during training group. He and I would visit a girls' college in South Carolina. Jim was a tall lanky ladies man. He had many girlfriends. I visited him in the hospital at Womack, but he was so badly injured that I could not cope with his injuries. I only visited him once. A Google shows that Jim earned the DSC and died in 2007. He was from OK.
Old 09-05-2017, 05:59   #167
Pete
Quiet Professional

Joined 2012

Hey, Dave, I see you joined back in 2012 and only have one post showing. Your intro post may have been lost in the deleted intro thread.

Could you go ahead and post another intro in the intro thread?
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 22:34   #168
Golf1echo
Area Commander

Location: Western Carolina in the rainforest,4000' along the Eastern Cont. Div.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JYD73 View Post
I haven’t been on here in quite some time. Hope you gentlemen are well. Most of you have probably heard or seen about Mike Rose’s upgrade of this DSC to the Medal of Honor as he was originally nominated. We’re in last phase of this effort, just waiting for the 2017 National Defense Authorization Act with time-limit waiver to go through authorizing POTUS to present. Many thanks for those who assisted in contacts and helping to find people to complete this mission. Below is the article from the NYT.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/31/us...rose.html?_r=0
I noticed this on one of my feeds today : https://www.army.mil/article/193729/...ctions_in_laos

Incredible respect for all who served in MACV-SOG and humbling to read this thread.
Best

Essayons

By Dand

"In the school of the wilds,there is no graduation day"Horace Kephart
Golf1echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 18:42   #169
JYD73
Asset

Thank you

Gentlemen,

I wanted to thank you for sharing your knowledge with this NG Leg, and for assisting me in contacts with some of these warriors. This effort is concluded, but others continue. History has many wrongs, and there is one fewer now.

Ever Forward!
Neil

http://www.armytimes.com/news/your-a...g-kept-secret/
JYD73 is offline   Reply With Quote