Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Kit Tips > Professional Gear

Old 08-10-2007, 22:52   #1
Razor
Quiet Professional

ITW Nexus Web Dominator

I recently picked up a few of these to see if they were useful or just another gadget. Being able to secure excess web strap lengths without having to cut or tape them is handy. I put a couple on the kids' backpack shoulder straps prior to a long distance plane/car/walking trip, and they held the strap excess securely for two weeks. I had the same good results with one on a 3-day pack shoulder strap, and on another pack with some cinching straps--the straps stayed secured and out of the way. Unfortunately, I noticed too late that Supply Captain has a very good price on them right now; I paid too much, but am still happy with their performance. I've only found keepers sized for 1" webbing, but maybe you'll have more luck if you need something bigger.

http://www.rangerjoes.com/web-dominator-pi-3966.html
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 12:08   #2
vsvo
Area Commander

Razor, I agree. I recently ordered a 10-pack of these in foliage green from SC. They are a godsend for my strap-infested Marauder. I used to use Velcro ties, which are OK, just not as elegant a solution as the ITW product. I have the unpadded waistbelt on my pack so I use all 10 of the Dominators, but could stand to use some more.

I will be buying some more anyway, because I have an E&E pouch on order. I’m thinking of attaching the E&E (via dock & lock) to the Marauder for travel (after removing the HSGI MAP), and trying it out as an EDC bag all other times.

Here are some pics. I know black is oh-so-80’s, but I’m a civilian, and it works well for me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WebDom1.jpg (362.2 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg WebDom2.jpg (461.7 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg WebDom3.jpg (364.9 KB, 41 views)
vsvo is offline   Reply With Quote