Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Kit Tips > Professional Gear

Old 05-14-2007, 12:29   #46
groundup
Auxiliary

NG_M4_Shooter: True, now that we have moved from the BDU in all branches I can call Soldiers and Marines as such. I used to call everyone troop if I didn't know their branch/rank because I was surrounded by all of the branches. You can call everyone in the AF "Sir" and get away with it. Try calling a Chief in the Navy anything other than Chief and they get pissy. That is for another time though.

Hopefully the combat shirt will be for the field and most commanders won't authorize it for garrison wear. Unlikely, but I can hope.

Go For Broke: being surrounded by General staff did make me a lot more aware of the people around me. A PFC straight from basic - I did make sure to watch my Ps & Qs. Thankfully, I am much more aware of the people around me now
groundup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 14:18   #47
jwt5
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundup

Hopefully the combat shirt will be for the field and most commanders won't authorize it for garrison wear. Unlikely, but I can hope.
In my limited experience, it's not that the Commanders fail to put the information/policy letters out, it's the soldiers that fail to listen.

Just like when they issued the fleece top en masse.....
Old 06-14-2007, 20:33   #48
Capt_G
Asset

I was at DLI during the death throws of the Banana suit. I had one but never wore it. Too hot for Monterey. The reversible Tshirts were cool. The shorts sucked bad tho. What is it with PT uniform sizing?
Capt_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 20:56   #49
sg1987
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_G
I was at DLI during the death throws of the Banana suit.
Ahhhh the old banana suit…..I remember watching the fat guys doing remedial PT runs in the suit. 1700 , July, Ft. Benning – guaranteed to help “drop the weight”
Old 06-06-2011, 19:32   #50
HALO99
FTFSI

woodland bdu

we suffer the same predicament here in PH army. we are issued the DPM-style rip-off uniforms with shades that are a tad too dark for the southeast asian terrain. much more when they are soaked in sweat they look black from a distance. they only blend when a person wearing it wears a tree trunk.

like you guys, PH sof are given a more relaxed space when it comes to uniforms when going on missions. what we commonly use are surplus u.s. army lightweight woodland BDU. one of the greatest things yanks have made. we buy a set of these surplus BDUs at the former Clark airbase here. superior in terms of comfort, durability, the most "invisible" camo pattern in our terrain day or night, and in all weather conditions. Yank advisers here wear the multicam, a bit bright during the rest of the southeast asian season except summer (april and may).

woodland camo is still very nice here in the southeast asia.
HALO99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 19:22   #51
smoothisfastsea
Asset

+1 on that sir

________

This urgent calling of nature longs to be tested, seeks to be challenged beyond itself.

The warrior within us beseeches Mars, the god of War, to deliver us to that crucial battlefield that will redeem us into the terrifying immediacy of the moment. We want to face our Goliath so we maybe reminded that the warrior David is alive in us. We pray to the war gods to guide us to the walls of Jericho so we may dare the steadfastness and strength of our trumpet call. We aspire to be defeated in battles by powers so much greater than ourselves, that the defeat itself will have made us larger than when we arrived. We long for the encounter that will ultimately empower us with dignity and honor...

Be not mistaken: the longing is there and it's loving and terrible and beautiful and tragic.

- Richard Strozzi Heckler
smoothisfastsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 20:38   #52
PRB
Quiet Professional

Ok, get a haircut, trim that mustache...hey Elvis lose the sideburns...fasten those chin straps and blouse your freakin boots correctly...oh yeah, and that blouse belongs under you BA so change shirts of put a freakin vest on!!!
How's that.
PRB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 20:49   #53
stfesta
Quiet Professional

Logo looks gay but, it don't matter.

Logo does look gay but, it don't matter none because PBO's gonna have us all out of war real soon.

I am not so sure about those two "non-wars". Will they be authorized there?

A quick shout out for the OG 107's. How great were they?

sf
Old 06-22-2011, 21:54   #54
Dozer523
BANNED USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by stfesta View Post
A quick shout out for the OG 107's. How great were they? sf
Seriously great! I loved em and miss them dearly.
Dozer523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 22:26   #55
mojaveman
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by stfesta View Post
A quick shout out for the OG 107's. How great were they?
Still have a few pairs in the garage.
mojaveman is offline   Reply With Quote