Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Early Bird

Old 05-23-2016, 07:59   #1
SF-TX
Quiet Professional

Mentally Ill Man Appointed by Obama to Advisory Faith Council

The progressives seek to destroy Christianity, because once Christianity ceases to be a force in the lives of Americans, the America our founder's gave us is finished. The constitution will become meaningless, subject to the whims of men, no longer guided by Christian principles.

Quote:
Obama Appoints Transgender Person To Advisory Faith Council

President Barack Obama has named a transgender individual to the President’s Advisory Council on Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships.

According to the White House announcement about Barbara Satin’s appointment:

Barbara Satin is the Assistant Faith Work Director for the National LGBTQ Task Force. She is an active member of the United Church of Christ and served on the denomination’s Executive Council as its first openly transgender member. Ms. Satin recently worked on the development of Spirit on Lake, a LGBTQ senior housing project in Minneapolis. She served on the Board of Directors for OutFront Minnesota from 2001 to 2008 and has served as Chair of GLBT Generations since 1999. She has also served on the Board of Directors of PFund Foundation, a regional LGBTQ community foundation advancing social justice in Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin, since 2013.

Satin is also a U.S. Air Force veteran.

“I am both honored and humbled to be selected to serve on the President’s advisory council,” Satin said. “Given the current political climate, I believe it’s important that a voice of faith representing the transgender and gender non-conforming community—as well as a person of my years, nearly 82—be present and heard in these vital conversations.” [TWEET]

Barbara Satin: "As a #trans Catholic, I'm standing with LGBTQ people of faith against discrimination" #equalpayday pic.twitter.com/iDuTuvJrxM

— The Task Force (@TheTaskForce) April 12, 2016

According to an interview with LGBT Religious Archives Network, Satin was raised “as a boy” in a devout Catholic family and attended Catholic schools. Referring to his “masculine side” as “David,” Satin says that as a teen, he lived for two years at a seminary, but left the school when he realized he could not continue to pursue priestly ministry because of his gender issues. He continued on at a local Catholic college, and then received a commission in the U.S. Air Force. After a kidney infection ended his flying career, Satin returned to St. Paul, married, and had three children with his wife. He is now a grandfather as well.

Satin enjoyed a successful career as a public relations director for a well-known international firm and says he also served as chairman of the archbishop’s Council for the Archdiocese of Minneapolis-St. Paul.

When he was 54, Satin retired early and began to explore his “transgender identity.” He adopted the name “Barbara Satin” full-time, explaining, “Barbara was the name of the first girl that I felt attracted to, and Satin is the fabric of my life.”

Satin – who has never undergone medical and surgical treatments to become more like a woman – left the Catholic Church, choosing instead to join a congregation of mostly LGBT individuals in Minneapolis.

In 2015, the Obama administration invited Satin to the White House to discuss housing concerns for LGBTQ senior citizens.

Link
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AP_476858703204-640x480.jpg (31.9 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg barbara_satin_2015_187x160.jpg (39.0 KB, 33 views)

I hold it as a principle that the duration of peace is in direct proportion to the slaughter you inflict on the enemy. –Gen. Mikhail Skobelev

Last edited by SF-TX; 05-23-2016 at 08:09.
SF-TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 08:02   #2
Box
Quiet Professional

...just another reason for me to rejoice. The bus is headed towards the cliff and I want to see the democrats stand on the accelerator as hard as they can.

If Americans wanted a better result, they'd have a better result. Instead, they prefer faster internet access and 15 dollars an hour as their reward for tending the drive through window.
...oh and taxes
They want "YOU" to pay more taxes since "YOU" already make 'too much' money.
Sadly, this is what America wants - may our citizens get all that they deserve.

Look no deeper than the inherent desire to let HRC get her paws on the white house. Sad and frustrating, but American citizens as a collective, stopped being awesome quite some time ago.

...in fact, while the rest of the world was practicing combat skills to demonstrate the lethality of their armies in a tank competition, we were busy conducting social experiments with our army

gosh bless america
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing

Last edited by Box; 05-23-2016 at 08:10.
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 08:04   #3
Penn
Area Commander

It is my sincere hope that the pendulum will swing back shortly.
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 09:09   #4
craigepo
Quiet Professional

Unfortunately, I'm afraid that a pendulum does not swing, but must be swung. I don't think the citizens of the United States collectively care enough anymore to worry about real morality. Ferguson might get their attention, some pervert in a girl's bathroom probably not.

Morals have become white noise.

"One man with courage makes a majority." Andrew Jackson

"Well Mr. Carpetbagger. We got something in this territory called the Missouri boat ride."
Josey Wales
craigepo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 09:16   #5
Sohei
Area Commander

We have gotten to the point where "universal morals" are going by the wayside.

Morals are completely becoming "relative" to the "individual" and the common-good morals are going away.

Before long, thievery will be acceptable! Many may laugh, but I can see it happening. A person's needs will soon overrule and person's requirements to earn something rather than simply take it from someone else.
Sohei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 10:34   #6
Oldrotorhead
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy L-bach View Post
...just another reason for me to rejoice. The bus is headed towards the cliff and I want to see the democrats stand on the accelerator as hard as they can.

If Americans wanted a better result, they'd have a better result. Instead, they prefer faster internet access and 15 dollars an hour as their reward for tending the drive through window.
...oh and taxes
They want "YOU" to pay more taxes since "YOU" already make 'too much' money.
Sadly, this is what America wants - may our citizens get all that they deserve.

Look no deeper than the inherent desire to let HRC get her paws on the white house. Sad and frustrating, but American citizens as a collective, stopped being awesome quite some time ago.

...in fact, while the rest of the world was practicing combat skills to demonstrate the lethality of their armies in a tank competition, we were busy conducting social experiments with our army

gosh bless america
I'm with you! Laughing and watching at least till my meds. run out. But much better than withering away at 90 in a nursing home. Better to hit bottom fast that this slow drip, drip, drip.
Old 05-23-2016, 20:35   #7
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF-TX View Post
Satin – who has never undergone medical and surgical treatments to become more like a woman.....
I saw the pictures, better ask for a refund.

Epic fail.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 20:42   #8
Scimitar
Area Commander

Whiskey F***in Tango....

I am speachless...

Time to pack up my things and go to the hide site...

Game over boys....

On a side note

Something I learned just yesterday.....US abortion laws are far worst than Europes.....it's already bad

PragerU - EU vs US abortion laws

S

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp"
-- Robert Browning

"Hooah! Pushing thru the shit til Daisies grow, Sir"
-- Me

"Malo mori quam foedari"
"Death before Dishonour"
-- Family Coat-of-Arms Maxim

"Mārohirohi! Kia Kaha!"
"Be strong! Drive-on!"
-- Māori saying

Last edited by Scimitar; 05-23-2016 at 20:51.
Scimitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 22:28   #9
frostfire
Area Commander

This creep (would that term be considered hate speech?) is/will be sharing restroom and locker space with your daughters, wives, mothers, sisters, girl friends...

WWJD? WWCAD (what would CPT America do?)

"So we can suffer, and in suffering we know who we are" David Goggins

"Aide-toi, Dieu t'aidera " Jehanne, la Pucelle

Der, der Geld verliert, verliert einiges;
Der, der einen Freund verliert, verliert viel mehr;
Der, der das Vertrauen verliert, verliert alles.

INDNJC
frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 03:28   #10
Joker
Quiet Professional

That has to be on e of the most ugliest things I have ever seen. It had to have the sex change, it is now a valid excuse why it cannot get fucked.
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 07:04   #11
Golf1echo
Area Commander

Location: Western Carolina in the rainforest,4000' along the Eastern Cont. Div.
In someways the first term senator was correct, it has become very "transparent" what he has really done to this country. His legacy is already being eviscerated by anyone with actual synapse connections.

Essayons

By Dand

"In the school of the wilds,there is no graduation day"Horace Kephart
Golf1echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 07:34   #12
PedOncoDoc
Area Commander

With all the talk about climate change science being settled, why does the left ignore the science on this one? Gender is determined by chromosomes and we can scientifically establish any individual's gender without question.
‎"The dignity of man is not shattered in a single blow, but slowly softened, bent, and eventually neutered. Men are seldom forced to act, but are constantly restrained from acting. Such power does not destroy outright, but prevents genuine existence. It does not tyrannize immediately, but it dampens, weakens, and ultimately suffocates, until the entire population is reduced to nothing better than a flock of timid, uninspired animals, of which the government is shepherd." - Alexis de Tocqueville
PedOncoDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 09:07   #13
Patrin
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedOncoDoc View Post
With all the talk about climate change science being settled, why does the left ignore the science on this one? Gender is determined by chromosomes and we can scientifically establish any individual's gender without question.
Because the issue is never the issue...the issue is the revolution.

I'm just hoping the commies overplayed their hand with this headlong rush to impose 'trans-gender rights' upon America.

Last edited by Patrin; 05-24-2016 at 09:09.
Patrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 09:23   #14
SF-TX
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrin View Post
Because the issue is never the issue...the issue is the revolution.
Correct. Bruce Thornton describes the issue in the following:

Quote:
The Progressive Lust for Power
The Left's camouflage that hides its real motive.

Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders have been talking a lot about “fairness” and “equality” during their primary campaigns. Like most progressives, they pass themselves off as the champions of the ordinary people who are suffering beneath the boot of rapacious capitalists and the plutocratic “one percent.” Give us power, they say, and we will create “social justice” for all the victims of “white privilege” and capitalist greed, not to mention redistributing even more money from the selfish “rich” in order to finance such utopian goals.

Promiscuously displaying their hearts bleeding for the oppressed has long been the progressive camouflage that hides their real motive: the lust for power. Whether they want power to advance their failed ideology (Sanders), or to gratify their ambition for status and wealth (Hillary), in the end it doesn’t matter. History has repeatedly proven that the libido dominandi, the ancient lust for dominating others that lies behind the progressives’ political ambitions, in the end always leads to tyranny and misery.

When progressivism began in the late 19th century, progressives at least were honest about their aim to expand their power over the ignorant, selfish masses. A striking––and prophetic–– example can be found in Woodrow Wilson’s 1890 essay “Leaders of Men.” Wilson rejected the limited executive of the Constitution for a more activist president who has the “insight” to know “the motives which move other men in the mass”:

Besides, it is not a sympathy *[with people] that serves, but a sympathy whose power is to command, to command by knowing its instrument . . . The competent leader of men cares little for the interior niceties of other people’s characters: he cares much-everything for the external uses to which they may be put. His will seeks the lines of least resistance; but the whole question with him is a question of the application of force. There are men to be moved: how shall he move them?

...the great goal of the Founding was to protect freedom by limiting the ability of any faction from concentrating power in government and using it to diminish the freedom of others. Such a faction is a tyrant, and as the Declaration of Independence details, it was the serial injustices of George III, whose “direct object [was] the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States,” that sparked the American Revolution.

More broadly, the progressives’ modus operandi has followed that of tyrants throughout history. The most dangerous enemies of the tyrant are all the associations and communities of people that lie beyond the power of the state, what Edmund Burke called the “little platoons,” and Alexis de Tocqueville recognized as one of the exceptional characteristic of the United States. Families, churches, PTAs, private schools and universities, clubs, think tanks, political parties, sports teams, businesses, charities––any venue in which people voluntarily gather together, interact with one another, and pursue their shared interests and aims, stands as a check on the power of the government. They create a social space in which people exercise their freedom without permission or oversight from government officials, and where their customs, traditions, and habits function as an alternative authority to the power of the state...

Read it all

I hold it as a principle that the duration of peace is in direct proportion to the slaughter you inflict on the enemy. –Gen. Mikhail Skobelev
SF-TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 11:13   #15
Hand
Guerrilla Chief

LGBTQ2?

F*cking progressives are making up new words faster than the liberal media can disseminate them into the public vocabulary. Hell, it was only 3 years ago that transgender he/she's seeped their filth into my awareness. Now I have no freaking idea how many genders there are. Are heterosexual white males still just heterosexual white males!?

Quote:
Legislation proposed in Canada by Justin Trudeau’s Liberal Party would seek to ban criticism of transgender people or the “gender fluid” ideology, with violators facing up to two years in jail when found guilty.
The bill would redefine “hate speech” under the Canadian Criminal Code as well as the Canada Human Rights act, to include any speech that “promotes hatred towards a gender identity or expression.”

In a statement issued to commemorate the ‘International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia, and Biphobia,’ Trudeau said “As a society, we have taken many important steps toward recognising and protecting the legal rights for the LGBTQ2 community – from enshrining equality rights in the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms to the passage of the Civil Marriage Act.”

“There remains much to be done, though. Far too many people still face harassment, discrimination, and violence for being who they are. This is unacceptable.”

“To do its part, the Government of Canada today will introduce legislation that will help ensure transgender and other gender-diverse people can live according to their gender identity, free from discrimination, and protected from hate propaganda and hate crimes,” it continued.

The bill, proposed last week, states that “This enactment amends the Canadian Human Rights Act to add gender identity and gender expression to the list of prohibited grounds of discrimination.”

It seeks to “extend the protection against hate propaganda set out in that Act to any section of the public that is distinguished by gender identity or expression and to clearly set out that evidence that an offence was motivated by bias, prejudice or hate based on gender identity.”

Roughly speaking, the transgender ideology claims people’s feelings about their maleness or femaleness, also known as gender, should be endorsed by the state. For example, if a women says she feels like a man, she should be treated as a man by the law and by society and by other individuals, according to this viewpoint.

This idea of fluid gender is in contrast to science-backed view that men and women are born into unchangeably male or female bodies, and that society should help boys and girls, men and women, get the best from their bodies by allowing them sexual privacy and sex-specific facilities and sport leagues. This view also argues that people should create civic rules to help cooperation between the two complementary but different, equal and unchangeable sexes. The most important cooperation, for example, is civic support for marriage and childrearing.
Continued...
Hand is offline   Reply With Quote