Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 12-12-2019, 19:59   #16
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
...yes Santa Claus, there IS a Virginia
The Virginia Citizen's Defense League has been facilitating these resolutions in counties across VA but they are getting done via local folks. It's not a few people travelling around to stir things up. They have an organization, something usually seen in the DNCommie front groups.

They are doing a trip to Richmond in January. I am usually not optimistic about such "pilgrimages" but the organization of it, from many for the good of the whole, is a neat thing to see. (Would that others in other states were willing to do such.) Here's their page with their charter bus schedule, online ticket purchasing info, pickup stops along the way, etc. Pretty good for a non-Soros bunch of po'd Virginians.

With Governor Ralphie backing off confiscation of existing weapons and saying they'd consider grandfathering weapons if you just REGISTER THEM during a "Grace period" that idea has the glide angle of a B-24 with 2 engines out.

Virginians (and the bulk of the citizens in the bulk of their counties) could be having their "Ten Bears will move no more" moment.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 06:16   #17
fred111
Quiet Professional

I live in Virginia and my county passed the Second Amendment Sanctuary resolution.

The folks pushing for this idiotic legislation are for the most part from Northern Virginia (around DC) and the Richmond area. The vast majority of the rest of the state will not support this legislation (I hope).

If push comes to shove, any anti second amendment laws passed will be brought to the courts and will be overturned.

I seriously doubt that many will turn in their weapons or even consider doing so just as I doubt many elected sheriffs will attempt to go house to house to search for them.

Just some ramblings from a very annoyed citizen who is constantly amazed by the abject stupidity of elected officials and the terminally brain dead who vote for them.
fred111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 07:16   #18
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

WTF ?? I'm "happy" that I'm in Maryland??

Virginia. You're killing me.

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 07:55   #19
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred111 View Post
...constantly amazed by the abject stupidity of elected officials and the terminally brain dead who vote for them.
Never underestimate the power of large truckloads of Bloomberg & DNC cash to flip a state blue. Those with the fattened wallets are now expected to do the bidding of the Dark Overlords.
I think another county and a city or two (incl Chesapeake) has been added in the last couple days.

Edited to update correct graphic dtd 11 Dec.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VA_2A_11-Dec-19.jpg (69.8 KB, 38 views)

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino

Last edited by Badger52; 12-13-2019 at 12:04.
Old 12-13-2019, 17:13   #20
EricV
Guerrilla

New bill in VA as of 5 DEC 2019:

A. As used in this article, "public safety employee" means any law-enforcement officer, as defined in § 9.1-500.

B. Any public safety employee of the Commonwealth, or of any county, city, town or other political subdivision thereof, or of any agency of any one of them, who, in concert with two or more other such employees, for the purpose of obstructing, impeding or suspending any activity or operation of his employing agency or any other governmental agency, strikes or willfully refuses to perform the duties of his employment shall, by such action, be deemed to have terminated his employment and shall thereafter be ineligible for employment in any position or capacity during the next twelve 12 months by the Commonwealth, or any county, city, town or other political subdivision of the Commonwealth, or by any department or agency of any of them.

§ 40.1-56. Department head, etc., to notify public safety employee of such termination, etc

https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/leg...e?201+ful+HB67
Old 12-13-2019, 19:01   #21
Florida Patriot
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricV View Post

A. As used in this article, "public safety employee" means any law-enforcement officer, as defined in § 9.1-500.

B. Any public safety employee of the Commonwealth, or of any county, city, town or other political subdivision thereof, or of any agency of any one of them, who, in concert with two or more other such employees, for the purpose of obstructing, impeding or suspending any activity or operation of his employing agency or any other governmental agency, strikes or willfully refuses to perform the duties of his employment shall, by such action, be deemed to have terminated his employment and shall thereafter be ineligible for employment in any position or capacity during the next twelve 12 months by the Commonwealth, or any county, city, town or other political subdivision of the Commonwealth, or by any department or agency of any of them.

§ 40.1-56. Department head, etc., to notify public safety employee of such termination, etc

https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/leg...e?201+ful+HB67
So if you disagree to enforce this tyranny you get a slug to the back of the head?
If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

-- Samuel Adams --
Florida Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 19:24   #22
EricV
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Patriot View Post
So if you disagree to enforce this tyranny you get a slug to the back of the head?
No, just fired from your position. In a non sanctuary jurisdiction they could fire you if your like a street cop who doesn't relish getting his head blown off.

How this would play out in a sanctuary county I don't know. State Gubmint comes into the local county gov and takes over appointing their own, Soros approved henchmen in any and all positions?? Say, from the county Board of Supervisors on down through Sheriff and street cop?? Use Antifa to take the place of cops??

Guess I'll have to look up the order of battle for the Virginia National Guard and get a big map of Virginia.

"The VNG’s current strength is 7,200 Soldiers, 1,200 Airmen, 300 Virginia Defense Force members and 400 federal and state civilians, and they bring more than $250 million in annual income into the commonwealth."

Rots of Ruck to'em if they go that route...
Old 12-13-2019, 21:00   #23
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Use Antifa to take the place of cops??
Heh. There isn't a shortage of folks who'd say "pretty please, use Antifa."

Old 12-14-2019, 04:52   #24
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Just my $.02, reading the actual bill, it's an amendment with some typographical edits that amend existing statute (e.g., spell out 'ten' vs. '10' etc.). I have a hunch the edits were done to introduce it onto the front burner (it already exists) as a shot across the bow. The consequences of what county sheriffs are standing up for was already there; they know what they're doing.

Old 12-14-2019, 14:28   #25
Golf1echo
Area Commander

Location: Western Carolina in the rainforest,4000' along the Eastern Cont. Div.
Statement from the Virginia National Guard

VNG issues a statement:
https://bearingarms.com/cam-e/2019/1...e-gun-control/

Essayons

By Dand

"In the school of the wilds,there is no graduation day"Horace Kephart
Golf1echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 20:59   #26
Uman
Quiet Professional

A great read

One of the best summary of some COAs
http://www.combatshootingandtactics....d/2nd_amen.pdf
Uman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 22:32   #27
Combat Diver
Quiet Professional

If the law is the law, then why do they infringe on Article II?

CD
Combat Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 23:27   #28
Sachsen
Asset

If they do end up using the NG, and they do follow through with the legislation and plan on kicking out the (I'm assuming) large number of sheriffs and law-enforcement that don't want to comply, it'd turn into a trigger point for something bigger, especially if they used the NG to police the whole damn state.

But I'm betting they want to avoid that. Legislation might just be a power play and they might selectively enforce it.
Sachsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 05:47   #29
EricV
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uman View Post
One of the best summary of some COAs
http://www.combatshootingandtactics....d/2nd_amen.pdf
His comments about what would happen to property and families of National Guard members who complied with orders is what has been kicking around in my mind for some time.

It's happened during the Revolution and Civil War. Tar, meet feathers.

I've seen versions done locally; no violence or property damage. But two individuals opposing a popular measure, and who had local businesses saw business collapse.

7200 National Guard isn't enough to hold down all of Virginia
Old 12-15-2019, 09:44   #30
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachsen View Post
If they do end up using the NG, and they do follow through with the legislation and plan on kicking out the (I'm assuming) large number of sheriffs and law-enforcement that don't want to comply, it'd turn into a trigger point for something bigger, especially if they used the NG to police the whole damn state.

But I'm betting they want to avoid that. Legislation might just be a power play and they might selectively enforce it.
Maybe bureaucrats want to avoid it, but if that were the case then why pick a fight and put yourself in the position for a confrontation. Like many incidents over the past several years you have a some persons (bureaucrats, activists and media) who are more than willing to tip it over the edge or allow things to get out of hand.

Who's agenda Ralph Northam continuing ? Hmmmm....Terry McAuliffe of Charlottesville fame.

Charlottesville review: Faulty planning, passive police led to 'disastrous results' at Aug. 12 rally

Faulty planning, passive Police.........that's like Mike Horowitz being unable to find intent.

Last edited by Paslode; 12-15-2019 at 13:29.
Paslode is offline   Reply With Quote