Old 10-08-2004, 12:23   #1
504PIR
Guerrilla

Paracleat vests

Guys

I'm doing PSD in Iraq, a couple guys are using the Paracleat armor/vests. I'm thinking real hard about getting one. Supposedly it was designed by SF, I don't know but have been impressed so far. Granted it is pricey, leaning toward it. Does anyone else here have experiance with it??

thanks
504PIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 12:28   #2
Kyobanim

Quote:
Originally Posted by 504PIR
Granted it is pricey, leaning toward it.
Anytime they put Call For Pricing in the catalog you know it's expensive. While you're waiting for comments I got their site for you. They have a lot of nice looking equipment there.

http://www.paracletearmor.com/Vests.htm

Stay Safe!

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing."
Optimus Prime
Kyobanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 12:37   #3
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

I don't have the vest, but I do have some of their pouches. Construction is excellent. And I know there are people that use their equipment on a daily basis that can have anything they ask for. They choose Paraclete.

I don't think getting a RAV would be a bad idea if you have the money. And doing PSD in Iraq, I wouldn't hesitate to spend what I ever I had to on my kit.

Let us know if you get it and what you think please. Good luck to you.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 16:13   #4
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

I have their pouches, but agree that their vests and high end gear is a bit pricey.

The RAV is only useful if you anticipate dumping your vest quickly, like falling into water or having to remove it for medical treatment. Once you pop it, it will take a few minutes to put back into action. Outside the above scenarios, there is no real advantage to the RAV.

Last time I checked, they were giving decent discounts to AD military buying direct. You might call them and see.

Good luck.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 13:05   #5
504PIR
Guerrilla

Well I broke down and bought my teamleader's vest, with plates, mag & frag pouches for $2100. I think I got a real good deal, plus he threw in smokes and 2 frags(with pins still in). Had to adjust it for me and add another ammo pouch. Sure is comfortable, will update in a week or so on how its working out.
Old 10-10-2004, 15:54   #6
Smokin Joe
Area Commander

504PIR,

If you have the ability and the time would you mind sharing some pics?

Thanks
Smokin Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 17:18   #7
Rotor Strike

I have a RAV that I wore for 6 months in Iraq. Stellar piece of gear. No problems, excellent construction, and a fantastic design. I agree that it's pricey, but well worth the investment. I will also plug the Eagle releasable vest as well. Put hands on two different models and both were as good if not better than the RAV. Both companies make excellent products that will keep you alive.
Old 10-14-2004, 04:12   #8
504PIR
Guerrilla

Smokin Joe,

Been wearing the vest for several days now. Very comfortable! Bulky to put on, but once on easy to move in. Granted I would not want to do "starjumpers with a twist" while wearing it. Will post some pics tomarrow
Old 10-16-2004, 11:46   #9
eggroll
Guerrilla

the RAVS may seem expensive, but consider the amount of work that goes into each one. I just finished a vest project and it was MUCH more involved than I had originally estimated.
Old 10-19-2004, 01:16   #10
504PIR
Guerrilla

Sorry guys, I cannot get the pics to upload.
Old 11-04-2004, 22:55   #11
frznballz007
Quiet Professional

If the price is an issue try the Diamondback Predator. Same basic design, no cutaway pillow though I don't know if that is an issue for you or not, but it is cheaper than a paraclete. Here is the web site:

www.diamondbacktactical.com
frznballz007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 16:12   #12
kgoerz
Quiet Professional

Paracleat

I know this is late but was browsing the Archives.....
Nothing I have seen beats the Paracleat. Good guy who runs the company. He really cares about his product. We bought the whole package at my last active duty unit (GOVT.Price) Vest, Plates, every pouch available for 4800.00 per set. Too many pouches never used them all. What TS said is true, he gives discounts for single purchase for AD and retired personnel. Do's anyone know if he (Paracleat) got the contract for USSOC. I remember there was fight between him and NADEC Arms. Nadec was beating the copy right law by changing a clip fastener or loop belt......etc. I know I spelled Nadec wrong.
NDD.........Should I say how much I paid for my Paracleat type vest here?????
Old 11-09-2005, 17:12   #13
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

No. Remember, we are in a horrid place. Nobody should ever come here for any reason.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 19:24   #14
kgoerz
Quiet Professional

Paracleat vests

Tell me about it.....
Last place didn't have HBO and they didn't turn my bed down at night...I was furious....LOL