Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Technical FAQ Forum > Technology News and Reviews

Old 05-05-2016, 03:29   #1
P36
Guerrilla

Thumbs down Kuwait to require DNA on all visitors and citiizens

Kuwait is going to implement DNA collection upon all residents and visitors(upon entry to the country). I didn't intend to, but certainly now will never return to Kuwait. While we have the choice of tourists destinations, what about those traveling for their companies and .dod and .gov? It's a gross invasion of privacy to say nothing of other concerns. And much like our OPM database getting hacked, or someone on the inside giving others access...I predict it won't be just the Kuwaitis with access to this database.

http://www.cntraveler.com/stories/20...sport-to-enter
Old 05-05-2016, 08:08   #2
PedOncoDoc
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by P36 View Post
Kuwait is going to implement DNA collection upon all residents and visitors(upon entry to the country). I didn't intend to, but certainly now will never return to Kuwait. While we have the choice of tourists destinations, what about those traveling for their companies and .dod and .gov? It's a gross invasion of privacy to say nothing of other concerns. And much like our OPM database getting hacked, or someone on the inside giving others access...I predict it won't be just the Kuwaitis with access to this database.

http://www.cntraveler.com/stories/20...sport-to-enter
We should extend the same courtesy to those from the region prior to being allowed to step foot on our soil (in any capacity).

I wonder how those Saudi princes that come here for rape holidays would feel about that?
‎"The dignity of man is not shattered in a single blow, but slowly softened, bent, and eventually neutered. Men are seldom forced to act, but are constantly restrained from acting. Such power does not destroy outright, but prevents genuine existence. It does not tyrannize immediately, but it dampens, weakens, and ultimately suffocates, until the entire population is reduced to nothing better than a flock of timid, uninspired animals, of which the government is shepherd." - Alexis de Tocqueville
PedOncoDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 08:44   #3
DIYPatriot
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedOncoDoc View Post
I wonder how those Saudi princes that come here for rape holidays would feel about that?
Maybe I'm too cynical. I don't believe the princes will give any fk's so long as the Kenyan (and others like him) occupy Pennsylvania Ave and open the nation's arms up to them and "refugees". All they have to do is cry that someone called them a bad name and Loretta Lynch will round up folks and prosecute them for hate crimes while the prince(s) go wheels up and run to their safe space.
"Don't tell me what a good man should be. Don't tell me about his character or what should be in his heart - show me. And then show me again when I'm no longer here because I'll be watching." - my grandfather
DIYPatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 08:59   #4
Sohei
Area Commander

They are getting in the "to prevent terrorism" game a little late.

Maybe I have forgotten something, but what benefit is Kuwait to us again?
Sohei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 09:57   #5
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Google "fbi biometric database"

It's OK, to collect data on as many "Americans" as humanly possible and keep it under lock and key, secret, as long as you're the "American Government".

Please tell me the difference between this and what tha NSA was doing?

The word Freedom is being removed by the DoJ, and replaced with "Sheeple".

http://www.nextgov.com/emerging-tech...-rules/128051/
Old 05-05-2016, 20:37   #6
ic2d
Asset

QUESTION:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
Please tell me the difference between this and what tha NSA was doing?
ANSWER:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoge2 View Post
..."to prevent terrorism"...
We also would have accepted the following answers:
-"If you're not doing anything wrong, then what are you worried about?", or
-"If it saves only one life, then it will be worth it."

I'm getting better at this whole answer-the-question-without-really-answering-the-question thing. Perhaps I should try my hand in politics.
ic2d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 21:56   #7
PRB
Quiet Professional

I'm thinking a Curtis Lemay response to the whole ME.....a one time greeting card.
PRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 03:28   #8
Joker
Quiet Professional

I was there last week for some meetings. They had the most lax security of any airport I have ever traveled through. We arrived and they did not even look at my passport but they did put a hand written sticker on the back of my CAC. She did not copy it, note anything in a book, nada.

When I left three days later to Jordan the only one that even looked at my passport was the airline folks and it was only to confirm I had one. I stepped up to the controlled area, put my bag on the conveyor belt to be x-rayed, walked through the magnatromitor (sp?), it went off, they waved me through with no checks on me or my bag.

Same crap at the gate, no one even looking at the x-ray screen and two chickies watching men go through the scanner. They only searched a couple of females in a curtained "closet."

No one collected anything from my not even my passport number or photo.
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote