Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 03-13-2018, 08:21   #1
Box
Quiet Professional

Cabinet Shakeup

So... Rex Tillerson is out and Mike Pompeo has been named as the new Secretary of State - a guy that is openly in favor of regime change in NORK

Gina Haspel, the deputy director at the CIA has been named to succeed Pompeo at the CIA, becoming the first woman director.

I wonder how the pro-woman democrats are going to react?

Interesting moves
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 09:04   #2
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Gina Haspel, the deputy director at the CIA.
This is going to make the left squeal like pigs

Gina was the Station Chief for the Cat's Eye program in Thailand.
She likes WATERBOARDING..

Quote:
There has been a revolution in the shady world of US espionage after Donald Trump named a woman as CIA head for the first time. RT looks at the top spy, who rights activists accused of overseeing torture and demanded her arrest.

Gina Haspel, born October 1, 1956 was a deputy CIA director before becoming the most powerful official at America’s main spy agency. She was one of the top intelligence officers to take part in the worst alleged abuses of Bush-era interrogation program, which renowned rights groups bluntly describe as a set of torture techniques.

In the middle of Washington’s ‘Global War on Terrorism,’ Haspel ran one of the first CIA facilities – later called ‘black sites’ – a prison in Thailand code-named ‘Cat’s Eye.’ It has been claimed that Al-Qaeda suspects were tortured there using waterboarding, in particular.

link

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 12:16   #3
cbtengr
Area Commander

Good for DT, breaking that glass ceiling I would think the feminists would be tinkled pink!
Old 03-13-2018, 12:33   #4
bblhead672
Area Commander

Now on to the next doing nothing Cabinet member. I nominate Sessions.
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 14:51   #5
cbtengr
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblhead672 View Post
Now on to the next doing nothing Cabinet member. I nominate Sessions.
Sessions may have been ok if he had not started the job by reclusing himself from anything. The republicans made a big mistake when they allowed a special prosecuter to be named for the Russian witch hunt. They get in charge and do not know what to do, they think they can play nicey nicey with the dems who would never allow a special prosecuter to delve into any of their shenanigans which just happen to be real.
Old 03-13-2018, 15:41   #6
lindy
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
That her husband allowed her to take the job.

"There are times in your life you'll be required to perform an exceedingly difficult task to the best of your ability, regardless of your perceived capability. Mental toughness is what will carry the day during these times. In other words, you suck it up and do what you have to do." - Razor
lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 20:01   #7
Box
Quiet Professional

So...
Imagine the layout of the political checkerboard:

Rex Tillerson was the director of Exxon Neftegas way back when
Rex Tillerson supposedly didn't even contribute money to Trumps campaign
Rex Tillerson was up to his elbows in Russian oil money before he got into politics

POTUS hired him as the Secretary of State and kept him in place even as the entire DC establishment wailed and squealed about Russian collusion.
-POTUS told all of them to pound sand.
Russian collusion has been the go-to subject matter anytime the monkeys on the left are looking to throw their feces at someone...
...and a SecState with personal ties to Putin was just a big fuck-you to every single member of the establishment.

Sessions was supposed to clean up the trash in DC and as soon as Stuart Smalley started raising his voice, Session started to posture like an old frail dog rescued from the pound; then he recused himself from the Russia debacle - and the Democrats jumped at the chance to run the Justice Department for Sessions simply by making everything about Russia...
...and Sessions just sat back and recused away an entire year that he should have been going through DC corruption like Buford Pusser going through a gambling hall.

Now, the Congress has said they are shutting down the Russia probe - no collusion to find here - even while the POTUS had one of Putin's old drinking buddies covering down on the SecState gig - because, well, fuck a bunch of silly liberals.

The same time that the Congress says they are done wasting time on the Russia probe - the POTUS says farewell to his Russia connected SecState and replaces him with a fresh face. Tillerson can go back to work getting rich with the global oil.

Now that there isn't much of a Russian recusal excuse for not getting anything done, Session is going to have to shit or get off the pot - pronto. If I was Jeff Sessions, I would be spell checking my resume.
Who thinks that they will see some very public law-enforcin' being done by Jeff Sessions in the coming days? I expect to see Sessions start acting like an aging ballplayer on the last year of his contract, playing his ass off in hopes that he won't get released.

Shrillary Clinton, the wicked witch of the West-wing is out claiming that women who vote republican are nothing more than blindly oppressed automatons serving as voiceless, weak, timid, uneducated, domestic child-bearers dutifully serving their misogynist, racist, deplorable white husbands...
...and while the media is in free fall trying to paint the first female CIA director as an evil dominatrix that waterboards her clients, President Donald J. Trump is out in the sanctuary-state picking out walls like a new married couple picks out drapes

I love it when the establishment gets caught on their heels like this. Even Shepard Smith was tripping over his tongue today. I hope the POTUS manages to turn them all into dysfunctional alcoholics as they try to really figure him out!!
...I am hoping covering the Trump administration turns all of the establishment press corps and their political handlers into raging heroin addicts - giving blowjobs in the front seat of a rental car parked next to a smelly old dumpster just to pay for the drugs they need to make the emotional pain go away.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

Last edited by Box; 03-13-2018 at 20:16.
Old 03-14-2018, 03:19   #8
Pete
Quiet Professional

It is said by some that Tillerson was hired because of his oil background.

That background gave him an edge dealing with the leaders in the middle east. With a number of ME leaders coming to the WH and the focus changing to the far east President Trump may see Tillerson's job as done.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 08:26   #9
rsdengler
Area Commander

Quote:
So... Rex Tillerson is out and Mike Pompeo has been named as the new Secretary of State - a guy that is openly in favor of regime change in NORK

Gina Haspel, the deputy director at the CIA has been named to succeed Pompeo at the CIA, becoming the first woman director.

Interesting moves
LOL...The Pro-Women Democrats would most likely expect Gina Haspel to wear a Vagina Hat/and Costume to work everyday....

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
rsdengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 09:35   #10
Golf1echo
Area Commander

Location: Western Carolina in the rainforest,4000' along the Eastern Cont. Div.
Term Limits....I like it and think if we got rid of professional politicians and regulated lobbies it would start to right the original intent of our government. Serve for the sake of serving...what a concept.

Essayons

By Dand

"In the school of the wilds,there is no graduation day"Horace Kephart
Golf1echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 18:04   #11
Penn
Area Commander

My only compliant is the impact the firing may have had in turning the PA congressional election in favor of the Dems. Anyone sitting on the fence, the undecided, the swing votes, may have been pushed to vote against the GOP in search for stability, respectful statesmanship, and professionalism in terminating a SoS.

Trump handled the firing like an amateur in their first leadership position. Certifying authority with complete disregard of fallout. Ego vs thoughtful 360 perspective, he obviously did not consult his Generals.
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 06:32   #12
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn View Post
My only compliant is the impact the firing may have had in turning the PA congressional election in favor of the Dems. Anyone sitting on the fence, the undecided, the swing votes, may have been pushed to vote against the GOP in search for stability, respectful statesmanship, and professionalism in terminating a SoS.

Trump handled the firing like an amateur in their first leadership position. Certifying authority with complete disregard of fallout. Ego vs thoughtful 360 perspective, he obviously did not consult his Generals.
Penn,

Is there much of anything in DC that is handled properly? All in all everything that goes on in DC and much in state and local governments is with total disregard to the little people. As a whole respectful statesmanship and professionalism is dead, or maybe it is just that the qualifications for statesmanship and professionalism have changed.

If I were sitting on the fence in PA my eyes would have been on the stunts performed by hacks like McConnell, Ryan and Sessions, not the Presidents.

The Conservative Treehouse is reporting that Paul Ryans's SuperPac ran ads supporting Conor Lamb............Andrew McCarty and Gregg Jarrett are saying Jeff Sessions based his recusal on the wrong law.
Old 03-15-2018, 07:24   #13
Box
Quiet Professional

I am horrified at the possible direction our country might go if democrats were to regain control of the house and senate...
...the idea that they will eventually regain control the house, senate, and white house makes me mourn for the dark possibilities that lay ahead

And yet, I don't think I could field a weekend softball team with republicans that deserve the right to be entrusted with control of our government

The United States of America is the greatest nation in the history of planet earth and yet, the human beings that comprise our government are quite contemptible.

Old 03-15-2018, 09:39   #14
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Quote:
So...
Imagine the layout of the political checkerboard:

Rex Tillerson was the director of Exxon Neftegas way back when
Rex Tillerson supposedly didn't even contribute money to Trumps campaign
Rex Tillerson was up to his elbows in Russian oil money before he got into politics

POTUS hired him as the Secretary of State and kept him in place even as the entire DC establishment wailed and squealed about Russian collusion.
-POTUS told all of them to pound sand.
Russian collusion has been the go-to subject matter anytime the monkeys on the left are looking to throw their feces at someone...
...and a SecState with personal ties to Putin was just a big fuck-you to every single member of the establishment.

Sessions was supposed to clean up the trash in DC and as soon as Stuart Smalley started raising his voice, Session started to posture like an old frail dog rescued from the pound; then he recused himself from the Russia debacle - and the Democrats jumped at the chance to run the Justice Department for Sessions simply by making everything about Russia...
...and Sessions just sat back and recused away an entire year that he should have been going through DC corruption like Buford Pusser going through a gambling hall.

Now, the Congress has said they are shutting down the Russia probe - no collusion to find here - even while the POTUS had one of Putin's old drinking buddies covering down on the SecState gig - because, well, fuck a bunch of silly liberals.

The same time that the Congress says they are done wasting time on the Russia probe - the POTUS says farewell to his Russia connected SecState and replaces him with a fresh face. Tillerson can go back to work getting rich with the global oil.

Now that there isn't much of a Russian recusal excuse for not getting anything done, Session is going to have to shit or get off the pot - pronto. If I was Jeff Sessions, I would be spell checking my resume.
Who thinks that they will see some very public law-enforcin' being done by Jeff Sessions in the coming days? I expect to see Sessions start acting like an aging ballplayer on the last year of his contract, playing his ass off in hopes that he won't get released.

Shrillary Clinton, the wicked witch of the West-wing is out claiming that women who vote republican are nothing more than blindly oppressed automatons serving as voiceless, weak, timid, uneducated, domestic child-bearers dutifully serving their misogynist, racist, deplorable white husbands...
...and while the media is in free fall trying to paint the first female CIA director as an evil dominatrix that waterboards her clients, President Donald J. Trump is out in the sanctuary-state picking out walls like a new married couple picks out drapes

I love it when the establishment gets caught on their heels like this. Even Shepard Smith was tripping over his tongue today. I hope the POTUS manages to turn them all into dysfunctional alcoholics as they try to really figure him out!!
...I am hoping covering the Trump administration turns all of the establishment press corps and their political handlers into raging heroin addicts - giving blowjobs in the front seat of a rental car parked next to a smelly old dumpster just to pay for the drugs they need to make the emotional pain go away.
BINGO!!

I see POTUS sending in the offense for a while with Vlad in the cross-hairs. Look for some very aggressive moves in that direction, i.e cyberwarfare, strong sanctions hitting the energy sector hard.

Here's a thought, the vulnerable points for Iran are the relationships with Russia & North Korea. Little Rocket Man will be neutralized shortly, take out Vlad next and the f'n Ayotolla is naked.

As to Sessions and DoJ, he is just a designated hitter for this inning. Maybe Trey Gowdy or Chris Christy or Rudy G. in the next inning??
Old 03-15-2018, 10:33   #15
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

AG Sessions a Sleaper Trump Agent?

So we all see DJT as a master of misdirection. I, like most here, have been confounded by Sessions' recusal, albeit for legitimate reasons. It occurred to me that maybe this is by design and could be very useful in the mission to drain the swamp.

The epicenter of the swamp is DoJ. So Trump appoints a loyalist to AG and he immediately recuses himself from all matters related to Russia and behaves as Casper Milktoast. The cover is reinforced by an occasional tweet by POTUS expressing his apparent displeasure with his new AG. The swamp critters breath a sigh of relief and let down their guard. All the while the IG continues his investigation and the AG is making a 'naughty-nice' list. The Mueller investigation concludes with a big Duh. Then the firings begin. Watch to see how the McCabe matter is handled. If he is fired based upon the IG report 24h before his resignation becomes effective then it's game on! Sends a very strong message and the swamp critters now know it's game over for them.

If that was the game-plan, then all I can say is well-played Mr. President, well-played Sir!