Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 03-04-2018, 19:05   #1
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

H.R. 5807 Assault Weapon Ban of 2018

Quote:
IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
February 26, 2018
Mr. Cicilline (for himself, Ms. Wilson of Florida, Ms. Adams, Mr. Aguilar, Ms. Barragán, Ms. Bass, Mr. Bera, Mrs. Beatty, Mr. Beyer, Mr. Blumenauer, Ms. Blunt Rochester, Ms. Bonamici, Mr. Brendan F. Boyle of Pennsylvania, Mr. Brady of Pennsylvania, Mr. Brown of Maryland, Ms. Brownley of California, Mr. Butterfield, Mr. Carbajal, Mr. Capuano, Mr. Cárdenas, Mr. Carson of Indiana, Ms. Castor of Florida, Ms. Judy Chu of California, Mr. Cohen, Mr. Correa, Ms. Clark of Massachusetts, Ms. Clarke of New York, Mr. Clay, Mr. Clyburn, Mr. Connolly, Mr. Courtney, Mr. Crist, Mr. Crowley, Mr. Cummings, Mr. Danny K. Davis of Illinois, Mrs. Davis of California, Ms. DelBene, Ms. DeGette, Ms. DeLauro, Mr. Delaney, Mrs. Demings, Mr. DeSaulnier, Mr. Deutch, Mr. Doggett, Mr. Michael F. Doyle of Pennsylvania, Mr. Ellison, Mr. Engel, Mr. Espaillat, Ms. Eshoo, Ms. Esty of Connecticut, Ms. Frankel of Florida, Mr. Foster, Ms. Fudge, Mr. Gallego, Mr. Garamendi, Mr. Gomez, Mr. Al Green of Texas, Mr. Grijalva, Mr. Gutiérrez, Ms. Hanabusa, Mr. Hastings, Mr. Heck, Mr. Higgins of New York, Mr. Himes, Mr. Hoyer, Mr. Huffman, Ms. Jayapal, Ms. Jackson Lee, Mr. Jeffries, Mr. Johnson of Georgia, Ms. Kaptur, Mr. Keating, Ms. Kelly of Illinois, Mr. Kennedy, Mr. Khanna, Mr. Kihuen, Mr. Kildee, Mr. Kilmer, Mr. Krishnamoorthi, Ms. Kuster of New Hampshire, Mr. Langevin, Mr. Larson of Connecticut, Mrs. Lawrence, Mr. Lawson of Florida, Ms. Lee, Mr. Levin, Mr. Lewis of Georgia, Mr. Ted Lieu of California, Mr. Loebsack, Ms. Lofgren, Mr. Lowenthal, Mrs. Lowey, Mr. Ben Ray Luján of New Mexico, Ms. Michelle Lujan Grisham of New Mexico, Mr. Lynch, Ms. McCollum, Mr. McEachin, Mr. McGovern, Mr. McNerney, Mrs. Carolyn B. Maloney of New York, Mr. Sean Patrick Maloney of New York, Ms. Matsui, Mr. Meeks, Ms. Meng, Mr. Moulton, Ms. Moore, Mrs. Murphy of Florida, Mr. Nadler, Mrs. Napolitano, Mr. Neal, Mr. Nolan, Mr. Norcross, Ms. Norton, Mr. O'Rourke, Mr. Pallone, Mr. Panetta, Mr. Pascrell, Mr. Payne, Mr. Perlmutter, Mr. Peters, Ms. Pingree, Mr. Polis, Mr. Pocan, Mr. Price of North Carolina, Mr. Quigley, Mr. Raskin, Miss Rice of New York, Mr. Richmond, Ms. Rosen, Ms. Roybal-Allard, Mr. Ruppersberger, Mr. Rush, Mr. Ryan of Ohio, Ms. Sánchez, Mr. Sarbanes, Mr. Serrano, Ms. Schakowsky, Mr. Schiff, Mr. Schneider, Mr. David Scott of Georgia, Mr. Scott of Virginia, Ms. Shea-Porter, Mr. Sherman, Mr. Sires, Mr. Smith of Washington, Ms. Slaughter, Mr. Soto, Ms. Speier, Mr. Swalwell of California, Mr. Suozzi, Mr. Takano, Ms. Titus, Mr. Tonko, Mrs. Torres, Ms. Tsongas, Mr. Vargas, Ms. Velázquez, Mr. Visclosky, Mr. Walz, Ms. Wasserman Schultz, Ms. Maxine Waters of California, Mrs. Watson Coleman, Mr. Welch, Mr. Yarmuth, and Ms. Pelosi
The mere fact that elected officials of the United States of America would propose legislation that is contrary to the Constitution of the United States and yet still remain in office simply baffles me.

The list of firearms you may be allowed to own (out of their most generous dispensation) can be found here in the draft text.

Regardless of whether or not this ever sees the light of day out of committee is not the point. The demonstration of hubris by these named people leaves me without sufficient vocabulary to express my utter contempt.

There are many on here that avoid joining clubs, groups, societies, etc... but I do believe that the assault on the NRA is of serious consequence and that being a member of the NRA has become of utmost importance at this moment in time. Something to consider.

R10

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 20:46   #2
EricV
Guerrilla

Nick Freitas Speech on Floor of House of Delegates

https://youtu.be/KqqJKChKRzI

One time member of the 1st SF Group I believe. Currently planning a run for the Senate.
Old 03-04-2018, 20:47   #3
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret10Echo View Post
The mere fact that elected officials of the United States of America would propose legislation that is contrary to the Constitution of the United States and yet still remain in office simply baffles me.
With radical representatives like Maxine Waters and many others I am no longer baffled. They doing their best to represent and assist their constituents and donor base in their effort to burn the White mans Law and to turn the USA into a South Africa, Rhodesia or Zimbabwe.
Old 03-04-2018, 20:53   #4
rubberneck
Area Commander

Because the First ban was so effective. Strip people of their rights all to feel better. Some of the sheep in this country don’t deserve the freedom they enjoy.
rubberneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 23:41   #5
RichL025
Quiet Professional

Interestingly enough, this is not just a ban on new weapons, like the first AWB, it outlaws _possession_ as well.

And did anyone look at the appendix? In the list of firearms specifically exempted, it lists the Ruger Mini-14 - a semi-automatic magazine-fed rifle, which has been used in mass shootings in Canada and Norway

Apparently it's more important that a rifle not _look_ evil...
Old 03-05-2018, 03:18   #6
lindy
Guerrilla Chief

The active or retired LEO exemption of possession creates a special class of people.

So Congress favors “the cowards of Broward” over Avg Joe? (MD legislature does the same thing here, which is why Baltimore is so safe.)

"There are times in your life you'll be required to perform an exceedingly difficult task to the best of your ability, regardless of your perceived capability. Mental toughness is what will carry the day during these times. In other words, you suck it up and do what you have to do." - Razor
lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 11:40   #7
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

H.R. 5807 Assault Weapon Ban of 2018 & barry soetoro, the all time best firearms sales devices in the history of the world.

Every time the .gov mentions "ban" 50 million more black rifles are sold, along with 500,000,000 5.56 rounds.

Good luck with your "ban". I think I'll go purchase another "black rifle".
Old 03-05-2018, 11:43   #8
Box
Quiet Professional

I wonder what 80% lower kits are going for?

the cool factor alone makes me want to build one
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 11:44   #9
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
H.R. 5807 Assault Weapon Ban of 2018 & barry soetoro, the all time best firearms sales devices in the history of the world.

Every time the .gov mentions "ban" 50 million more black rifles are sold, along with 500,000,000 5.56 rounds.

Email from CTD this morning:

"Thousands of AR-15's In Stock and Ready to Ship"

We need more AR owners

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 11:52   #10
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

I like "lists"

Mr. Cicilline (for himself, Ms. Wilson of Florida, Ms. Adams, Mr. Aguilar, Ms. Barragán, Ms. Bass, Mr. Bera, Mrs. Beatty, Mr. Beyer, Mr. Blumenauer, Ms. Blunt Rochester, Ms. Bonamici, Mr. Brendan F. Boyle of Pennsylvania, Mr. Brady of Pennsylvania, Mr. Brown of Maryland, Ms. Brownley of California, Mr. Butterfield, Mr. Carbajal, Mr. Capuano, Mr. Cárdenas, Mr. Carson of Indiana, Ms. Castor of Florida, Ms. Judy Chu of California, Mr. Cohen, Mr. Correa, Ms. Clark of Massachusetts, Ms. Clarke of New York, Mr. Clay, Mr. Clyburn, Mr. Connolly, Mr. Courtney, Mr. Crist, Mr. Crowley, Mr. Cummings, Mr. Danny K. Davis of Illinois, Mrs. Davis of California, Ms. DelBene, Ms. DeGette, Ms. DeLauro, Mr. Delaney, Mrs. Demings, Mr. DeSaulnier, Mr. Deutch, Mr. Doggett, Mr. Michael F. Doyle of Pennsylvania, Mr. Ellison, Mr. Engel, Mr. Espaillat, Ms. Eshoo, Ms. Esty of Connecticut, Ms. Frankel of Florida, Mr. Foster, Ms. Fudge, Mr. Gallego, Mr. Garamendi, Mr. Gomez, Mr. Al Green of Texas, Mr. Grijalva, Mr. Gutiérrez, Ms. Hanabusa, Mr. Hastings, Mr. Heck, Mr. Higgins of New York, Mr. Himes, Mr. Hoyer, Mr. Huffman, Ms. Jayapal, Ms. Jackson Lee, Mr. Jeffries, Mr. Johnson of Georgia, Ms. Kaptur, Mr. Keating, Ms. Kelly of Illinois, Mr. Kennedy, Mr. Khanna, Mr. Kihuen, Mr. Kildee, Mr. Kilmer, Mr. Krishnamoorthi, Ms. Kuster of New Hampshire, Mr. Langevin, Mr. Larson of Connecticut, Mrs. Lawrence, Mr. Lawson of Florida, Ms. Lee, Mr. Levin, Mr. Lewis of Georgia, Mr. Ted Lieu of California, Mr. Loebsack, Ms. Lofgren, Mr. Lowenthal, Mrs. Lowey, Mr. Ben Ray Luján of New Mexico, Ms. Michelle Lujan Grisham of New Mexico, Mr. Lynch, Ms. McCollum, Mr. McEachin, Mr. McGovern, Mr. McNerney, Mrs. Carolyn B. Maloney of New York, Mr. Sean Patrick Maloney of New York, Ms. Matsui, Mr. Meeks, Ms. Meng, Mr. Moulton, Ms. Moore, Mrs. Murphy of Florida, Mr. Nadler, Mrs. Napolitano, Mr. Neal, Mr. Nolan, Mr. Norcross, Ms. Norton, Mr. O'Rourke, Mr. Pallone, Mr. Panetta, Mr. Pascrell, Mr. Payne, Mr. Perlmutter, Mr. Peters, Ms. Pingree, Mr. Polis, Mr. Pocan, Mr. Price of North Carolina, Mr. Quigley, Mr. Raskin, Miss Rice of New York, Mr. Richmond, Ms. Rosen, Ms. Roybal-Allard, Mr. Ruppersberger, Mr. Rush, Mr. Ryan of Ohio, Ms. Sánchez, Mr. Sarbanes, Mr. Serrano, Ms. Schakowsky, Mr. Schiff, Mr. Schneider, Mr. David Scott of Georgia, Mr. Scott of Virginia, Ms. Shea-Porter, Mr. Sherman, Mr. Sires, Mr. Smith of Washington, Ms. Slaughter, Mr. Soto, Ms. Speier, Mr. Swalwell of California, Mr. Suozzi, Mr. Takano, Ms. Titus, Mr. Tonko, Mrs. Torres, Ms. Tsongas, Mr. Vargas, Ms. Velázquez, Mr. Visclosky, Mr. Walz, Ms. Wasserman Schultz, Ms. Maxine Waters of California, Mrs. Watson Coleman, Mr. Welch, Mr. Yarmuth, and Ms. Pelosi
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^

Just "who" do you plan on sending to confiscate our 2A protected guns??

liberals, so amusing.
Old 03-05-2018, 15:16   #11
bblhead672
Area Commander

Democrats Assault Weapons Ban of 2018 - we want your semi-automatic weapons.

Me: No! Your move.
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 17:27   #12
Chucko
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblhead672 View Post
Democrats Assault Weapons Ban of 2018 - we want your semi-automatic weapons.

Me: No! Your move.
X2
I just glanced at the list of people mentioned and my eyes noticed Maxine Waters, then I knew it was a screwed up bill. The lefts best.
Old 03-05-2018, 19:25   #13
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindy View Post
The active or retired LEO exemption of possession creates a special class of people.
They almost always pander to that class, just as many states pandered to them in the crafting of carry laws. Just part of the legislative "Rules for thee, but not for Me" mentality. Sometimes helps get "associations" on board, said partnership then becoming part of the ad campaign.

Plus ca change...

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 21:36   #14
Joker
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post

I painted mine white, that way they will not recognize it as an eeville self-motivated bad thingy.

I almost bought a SCAR 17...
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 21:45   #15
Golf1echo
Area Commander

Location: Western Carolina in the rainforest,4000' along the Eastern Cont. Div.
Anti American!!

Little doubt the ignorant Anti American Gutierrez is on that list .....there he is.... And here he is again:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUYS...9wMGF1GPkGhkvw

Hope your device is big enough to see his vitriol hatred for American values as he walks out of the State of the Union. As they say in the South " Bless his little heart"...

Essayons

By Dand

"In the school of the wilds,there is no graduation day"Horace Kephart
Golf1echo is offline   Reply With Quote