Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 03-06-2018, 11:23   #1
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

More liberal/democrat corruption, mayor megan barry

Wait what? Will she also get a felon statue?

mayor megan barry, going to be a convicted felon and a corrupt liberal loser.

Nashville Mayor Megan Barry Resigns After Pleading Guilty To Theft
Phil Williams
8:53 AM, Mar 6, 2018
1 min ago

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/ne...cted-to-resign

mayor, marion barry is a convicted felon, crack head, corrupt liberal loser.

Statue of Former Crack Smoking D.C. Mayor Unveiled Blocks from White House

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...m-white-house/

Coincidence? I think not.
Old 03-06-2018, 16:45   #2
Badger52
Area Commander

One of these is not like the other.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Barry.jpg (4.0 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg Berry.jpg (14.9 KB, 26 views)

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 22:12   #3
CSB
Quiet Professional

Actually, she offered a conditional plea under a law called T.C.A. 40-35-313 (post-trial or judicial diversion). So while it was a full "I did it and you caught me" guilty plea, the judge "diverts" the acceptance of the plea. If she behaves herself for three years, the judge will dismiss the charge, expunge her record, and it will be treated "in the contemplation of the law" to have never happened.
It's a once in a lifetime statutory authorization for first time offenders, and generally limited to non-violent, non-sex and non-firearms offenses.
And unless and until she does behave badly during the three year term, and the plea is made final, she is not considered a felon because there is no "conviction."

Last edited by CSB; 03-06-2018 at 22:15.
CSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 23:11   #4
scooter
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSB View Post
Actually, she offered a conditional plea under a law called T.C.A. 40-35-313 (post-trial or judicial diversion). So while it was a full "I did it and you caught me" guilty plea, the judge "diverts" the acceptance of the plea. If she behaves herself for three years, the judge will dismiss the charge, expunge her record, and it will be treated "in the contemplation of the law" to have never happened.
It's a once in a lifetime statutory authorization for first time offenders, and generally limited to non-violent, non-sex and non-firearms offenses.
And unless and until she does behave badly during the three year term, and the plea is made final, she is not considered a felon because there is no "conviction."
Judicial diversions may not count as a conviction in the eyes of the law, but they sure do to the government. I had a soldier of mine get flagged on a security investigation for one, which is how I learned about them. Even though the judge said "it basically never happened", the investigation caught it and brought it back up as a past criminal violation.
scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 07:04   #5
rsdengler
Area Commander

LOL....Corruption, Political BS, Favors....hey I work for Baltimore County Government, most of the Council "People" from each district are a bunch of Ass Clowns. Big time "you do a favor for me, and I will do one for you" kind of people.

Waa Haaaa, M. Barry....."Now get me a Skank Hooker, and a crack pipe from 14th Street"....they should have made his statue showing at least a spoon up his nose and a bag of dope in his hand....

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita

Last edited by rsdengler; 03-07-2018 at 07:46.
rsdengler is offline   Reply With Quote