Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces Weapons > Weapons Discussion Area

Old 02-12-2015, 11:36   #1
Guymullins
Guerrilla Chief

My new home protection device

Our government monopoly electric power company has failed. We are having black-outs (no pun intended) every day for about 4 hours. The government has neglected to do any maintenance on the power stations or the grid for 20 years.
They have fired all the white folk who used to run this company, so no-one knows how to do it anyway.
The country is expecting the whole grid to go down at any moment and it would take at least a month to get it up and going again.
This will mean widespread looting and home invasions. Naturally, many of us have plenty of conventional small arms, but firepower is a little lacking.
I therefore found a rare, but effective device. It was originally invented in Rhodesia and migrated south after majority rule up there and was manufactured in SA and I believe some found their way to the US.
It takes 12 , twelve gauge shotgun rounds and I now have it loaded with 000 Zombie rounds by Hornady.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Protekkta.jpg (78.6 KB, 189 views)
Guymullins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 11:52   #2
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Called a Street Sweeper here, IIRC.

Shrill hoplophobes got it banned after being sold for more than a year, the ATF retroactively declared them Destructive Devices and required registration.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 12:38   #3
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Expecting a lot of company?
Old 02-12-2015, 12:56   #4
Guymullins
Guerrilla Chief

Exterior defenses are electric fencing that tops all perimeter walls. Think Abbottabad when you think walls. Sleeping quarters upstairs are isolated by wrought iron gate at the bottom of the stairway. All windows, on ground floor as well as top story are barred with square solid steel bar. All this is only expected to give a little time and generate noise so as to allow the residents to arm themselves and prepare to resist. Wife has a 38sp revolver, sons have pump shotgun, K7K pistol, 38 sp revolver and the young chap, a .410 shotgun. I have the new Protecta, a .45 auto that lives at my side and a collection of rifles and other shotguns and pistols.
We will give a good account of ourselves when company arrives.
The expected company are usually armed with AK47 or R4s and police and army 9mm pistols. Luckily, their marksmanship is truly abysmal, unless the range is a few feet.
Weapon maintenance is also lousy and even buckled magazines will stop an AK from working properly.
Old 02-12-2015, 13:01   #5
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Holy Shite!

You and your family need to come to America......

Texas or Arizona......

(There's a house right down the street from me for sale, we could have interlocking fields of fire.)
Old 02-12-2015, 13:24   #6
Guymullins
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
Holy Shite!

You and your family need to come to America......

Texas or Arizona......

(There's a house right down the street from me for sale, we could have interlocking fields of fire.)
Is my Green Card in the mail? Maybe I shouldn't wait, illegal immigrant seems the safest route nowadays.
Old 02-12-2015, 14:04   #7
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guymullins View Post
Is my Green Card in the mail? Maybe I shouldn't wait, illegal immigrant seems the safest route nowadays.
Bazinga !
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 14:22   #8
Scimitar
Area Commander

Guy,

You're boys sound like they have trade skills.
NZ visas are wide open with the Earthquake rebuild....?

With it getting that bad in SA...you've said before the reasons for not leaving, but I'm guessing you have a trigger point, and you've got to be getting close to it.

S

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp"
-- Robert Browning

"Hooah! Pushing thru the shit til Daisies grow, Sir"
-- Me

"Malo mori quam foedari"
"Death before Dishonour"
-- Family Coat-of-Arms Maxim

"Mārohirohi! Kia Kaha!"
"Be strong! Drive-on!"
-- Māori saying
Scimitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 14:32   #9
Guymullins
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
Guy,

You're boys sound like they have trade skills.
NZ visas are wide open with the Earthquake rebuild....?

With it getting that bad in SA...you've said before the reasons for not leaving, but I'm guessing you have a trigger point, and you've got to be getting close to it.

S
The boys don't have trade skills Scim. The eldest is the owner of a pharmaceutical company, a clothing company and a gym, so he is pretty much tied down here.
The middle boy owned a study centre master franchise, so he is also stuck.
Naturally, if they can sell their companies, they will be mobile.
The youngest is studying Actuarial Science at uni, so he is out of action for 4 years.

One of the unintended consequences of reserving all jobs in large companies and the government for blacks, is that it has forced whites to create their own companies. This of course infuriated the government, because they are out of reach and making plenty of money for themselves.
Old 02-12-2015, 18:10   #10
mark46th
Quiet Professional

Only problem with NZ is no pistolas. Rifles OK but no handguns. Great hunting and fishing, BTW...
mark46th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 18:15   #11
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guymullins View Post
The boys don't have trade skills Scim.
I think that Scimitar was talking about "warrior" trade skills.

Pat

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 21:29   #12
TOMAHAWK9521
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark46th View Post
Only problem with NZ is no pistolas. Rifles OK but no handguns. Great hunting and fishing, BTW...
I can attest to the trout and salmon fishing in NZ. Never saw trout so big!
Old 02-12-2015, 21:36   #13
mark46th
Quiet Professional

Ocean fishing is outstanding, also. Yellowtail up to 100 pounds...

I was thinking about my no handgun remark. I doubt if you would need one in New Zealand, the country doesn't have the issues prevalent in SA...
mark46th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 22:40   #14
PRB
Quiet Professional

We've a few SA immigrants that just moved to our small town in Az...kind of a new deal as I've not personally seen folks from SA move here.
Best to you and the doors' open if it gets to that point.
PRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 22:48   #15
Guymullins
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRB View Post
We've a few SA immigrants that just moved to our small town in Az...kind of a new deal as I've not personally seen folks from SA move here.
Best to you and the doors' open if it gets to that point.
Thanks PRB, I think it would be AZ, Texas or maybe Florida, because of the weather. I have a niece in Texas, San Antonio. She and Hubby left about 5 years ago and love it there.