Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 11-24-2018, 08:22   #1
tonyz
Area Commander

Social behavior scores

Interesting read. The antithesis of American freedom...Harris, Booker, Warren, Holder, Schumer, Cortez, Pelosi, Wasserman-Schultz, and the rest of the BIGGOV crew would be proud to have this capability here. Maybe it’s already here...lurking just behind the “Google” screen and Alexa command? Internet dissenters beware - how many fingers?

Complete article at link

Beijing to Judge Every Resident Based on Behavior by End of 2020
Bloomberg News
November 21, 2018, 3:48 AM EST

China’s plan to judge each of its 1.3 billion people based on their social behavior is moving a step closer to reality, with Beijing set to adopt a lifelong points program by 2021 that assigns personalized ratings for each resident.

The capital city will pool data from several departments to reward and punish some 22 million citizens based on their actions and reputations by the end of 2020, according to a plan posted on the Beijing municipal government’s website on Monday. Those with better so-called social credit will get “green channel” benefits while those who violate laws will find life more difficult.

The Beijing project will improve blacklist systems so that those deemed untrustworthy will be “unable to move even a single step,” according to the government’s plan. Xinhua reported on the proposal Tuesday, while the report posted on the municipal government’s website is dated July 18.

China has long experimented with systems that grade its citizens, rewarding good behavior with streamlined services while punishing bad actions with restrictions and penalties. Critics say such moves are fraught with risks and could lead to systems that reduce humans to little more than a report card.

<snip>

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...by-end-of-2020

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Last edited by tonyz; 11-24-2018 at 09:30.
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 17:29   #2
Paslode
Area Commander

Cameras are everywhere, listening devices are everywhere, your smart phone is constantly spying on you, your purchases are tracked and big chunks of peoples lives are posted online. It is already to the point TPTB give you a thumbs down your presence is banned and/or you can be harassed by a group of masked thugs.

So it is already here I think, it just hasn't been fully implemented and the ramifications have not yet been realized. We're probably one election cycle from a shit storm of epic proportions.
Old 11-24-2018, 17:35   #3
tonyz
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paslode View Post
Cameras are everywhere, listening devices are everywhere, your smart phone is constantly spying on you, your purchases are tracked and big chunks of peoples lives are posted online. It is already to the point TPTB give you a thumbs down your presence is banned and/or you can be harassed by a group of masked thugs.

So it is already here I think, it just hasn't been fully implemented and the ramifications have not yet been realized. We're probably one election cycle from a shit storm of epic proportions.
Monitoring is almost unavoidable - reward, punishment or rankings by the State, however, is not yet here. I suspect that you are prescient...the shit storm...while not inevitable...moves closer.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
Old 11-24-2018, 18:29   #4
BigJimCalhoun
Guerrilla

Some have already started thinking this is good here

https://www.kwch.com/content/news/Pr...501146971.html

Proposed legislation in NY calls for social media check to get pistol permit
BigJimCalhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 18:59   #5
tonyz
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJimCalhoun View Post
Some have already started thinking this is good here

https://www.kwch.com/content/news/Pr...501146971.html

Proposed legislation in NY calls for social media check to get pistol permit
In New York...that could never get abused.

Next...mandatory DNA sample on file and 24/7 body cameras for all conservatives.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
Old 11-24-2018, 19:20   #6
Badger52
Area Commander

Kavanaugh hearing debacle

Given current technology, we've already seen modern examples wherein one aw-SHIT! takes away all your atta-boys. Do not pass Go, do not collect $200.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 19:38   #7
tonyz
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
Given current technology, we've already seen modern examples wherein one aw-SHIT! takes away all your atta-boys. Do not pass Go, do not collect $200.
Concur. Can helicopter parents hover low enough and long enough for a complete media scrub?

Then...there’s that one kid in the bunch who didn’t put up his cellphone on senior skip day...or in the locker room...BOOM !

Cameras or microphones back in the day...let’s just say...I shudder to think...

Sounds like a new industry in the offing.

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Last edited by tonyz; 11-24-2018 at 19:41.
Old 11-24-2018, 20:30   #8
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyz View Post
Monitoring is almost unavoidable - reward, punishment or rankings by the State, however, is not yet here. I suspect that you are prescient...the shit storm...while not inevitable...moves closer.
We are well on the way, probably past the point of no return. Google, Twitter, Facebook, the MSM are tools of the State......add to that the NSA, how it has been abused and the work of fiction known as Russia Gate.
Old 11-25-2018, 07:01   #9
EricV
Guerrilla

Well, if you've been paying attention, there's that huge NSA facility out in Utah to store everybody's info. I read years ago that the total cost of storing the average person's Email and phone calls is a mere 100 bucks. Just to reiterate, that's $100 spread out over your life time. They have every forum post from everywhere too, I'm sure. Including this one now.

Then there's the algorithms that the computers use to sort all the stuff. Do psychological profiling and so on. When I first got on line, I used to write letters to certain friends in on the idea, of gobbledygook with choice words spread out in Cap letters. Like PLANS, and then several sentences of nonsense later, NUCLEAR BOMB.

I never had any intention of getting involved with facebook and the like for obvious reasons. Buuuut, a guy I went to high school with made out a "LinkedIn" profile of me and sent me the password.

It was interesting to watch how they started to tie me in with various people. This was about 8-9 years ago. Naturally, the first thing I did was to link in to him. I told that when the round ups start, he's now tied into me. Him and all his friends and family.
Old 11-25-2018, 12:48   #10
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricV View Post
Well, if you've been paying attention, there's that huge NSA facility out in Utah to store everybody's info. I read years ago that the total cost of storing the average person's Email and phone calls is a mere 100 bucks. Just to reiterate, that's $100 spread out over your life time. They have every forum post from everywhere too, I'm sure. Including this one now.

Then there's the algorithms that the computers use to sort all the stuff. Do psychological profiling and so on. When I first got on line, I used to write letters to certain friends in on the idea, of gobbledygook with choice words spread out in Cap letters. Like PLANS, and then several sentences of nonsense later, NUCLEAR BOMB.

I never had any intention of getting involved with facebook and the like for obvious reasons. Buuuut, a guy I went to high school with made out a "LinkedIn" profile of me and sent me the password.

It was interesting to watch how they started to tie me in with various people. This was about 8-9 years ago. Naturally, the first thing I did was to link in to him. I told that when the round ups start, he's now tied into me. Him and all his friends and family.
I looked at Linkedin the other day at all my 'potential' links and the majority of people listed are associated through my business, which means they are linked through my phone number and/or email.

This kind of stuff gets really spooky when you put it in the context of kids and SnapChat, Instagram, etc.
Old 11-25-2018, 13:27   #11
(1VB)compforce
Guerrilla Chief

The most concerning for me is that I have a blank Facebook account. The only thing it has is my email address from an old email account that I still have but rarely use. I have one old pic up with no profile or other information. It's under an alias, not my real name. I was out a couple of years ago at a cover band that was playing the local hotspot. The couple that sat down next to me chatted with me a little bit and we watched each others chairs when they went dancing or to the bathroom. They were visiting from out of state

The next day they showed up in my "suggested connections" on that Facebook account. The best I can figure is that someone somewhere took a picture of the crowd and uploaded it. Facebook then ran facial recognition and decided that we were talking in the pic so we must be friends. Other than that I have no idea how they would have connected us.
(1VB)compforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 17:21   #12
Penn
Area Commander

The axiom of "as government expands individual freedom is lost", has proven true. What is most concerning to me is the corporation as government. Perfectly exampled by facebooks incursions in Europe and Goggles employees, along with other tech firms, deciding with whom they will work, in addition to the ability to form social content, direction, and public opinion. Herman Goring 101.
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 19:30   #13
WarriorDiplomat
Quiet Professional

Google and others have been doing something similar for years with their analytics programs and the sale of this data to the business world....those annoying little ads that show up pertaining to a subject you have recently researched is not by accident

Remember when twitter accounts during GW Bush era were being archived at the library of Congress for certain purposes??

Yes it absolutely can be abused and is no doubt.....social engineering and political science are one and the same so would it be a surprise if this data is not already being used to develop political strategy? when a salesman can read your response to his pitch and acts on it it's manipulation....when a sociopath forms his personality to get what he/she wants from whomever it is manipulation.....when a politician talks one game and doesn't mean a word of any of it and follows through on some things IOT do other things without notice to keep promises to benefactors, it is also manipulation....when an analytic program takes your random searches for items then attaches ads to every webpage of these great deals of something you have shown interest in....unless you are grateful then the other factor is companies pay for this data from a SEO-Search Engine Optimization type outfit.
Old 11-25-2018, 21:55   #14
tonyz
Area Commander

If you use the web and a smartphone...
The web and iPhones know...
They know what toothpaste you use...
They know what car you drive...where you drive it...how fast you drive it...
They know your political preferences...
They probably have pictures of you and your family, pets and cohorts...
They know what calibers you reload...
And, if you prefer blondes, brunettes, redheads or otherwise...
They have access to every post you ever made...or just read...
Every email you sent, read or merely composed in draft...
Every call you made or received...
Every movie you ever rented...
Every song, or radio program, podcast or book you listen to...
Every purchase ever made...
Every search you have made, and
Probably your general medical condition, too...

And, they know all your friends and their proclivities too.

And that’s just for starters...search the phrase: “the Internet of things.”

The Lois Lerner - Peter Strzok - Hillary Klinton personality types in the BIGGOV world probably see massive or bulk data collection as being an excellent tool for social control...maybe even a tool for political compliance or at least manipulation. Never happen here? Look at all those speech codes banning certain conservative speakers on college campuses. Remember those “irredeemable” “deplorable” and “bitter-clinger” characterizations?

The sweeping nature of bulk data collection in a growing surveillance state is a legitimate and significant privacy issue problem (or worse) for all Americans.

And, with the volume of data collected...how hard is it really...to plant just one little, itsy, bitsy piece of - false but highly damaging - information...photo...medical report...email address associated with a dating site or worse...a strange search query...or to craft an unflattering narrative on your political enemy based on your interpretation of decades of his or her supposedly “private” searches? Planting damaging electronic shit and then publishing it...leaking it...investigating it...

Nasty, nasty potential in the wrong hands regarding this whole matter.

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Last edited by tonyz; 11-25-2018 at 22:00.
Old 11-25-2018, 22:54   #15
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDiplomat View Post
Google and others have been doing something similar for years with their analytics programs and the sale of this data to the business world....
....when an analytic program takes your random searches for items then attaches ads to every webpage of these great deals of something you have shown interest in....
It's not just searches. If you have a Gmail account, and I have one I keep as a "burn" account on which nothing goes that's important, the TEXT of your emails is read* & used by Google immediately. Send a note to a friend, mentioning some type of "thing" (that you wouldn't use in a million years or haven't used in decades), explaining a bit about it, and wait for the ads for THAT to pop up, absent any searches for it.

* besides going fully to the big data repository at Never Say Anything due to their hooks into the Telco central offices and through the most powerful domain name-servers... owned & run by Google.

What was that? 1984 wasn't supposed to be an instruction manual?

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote