Old 03-16-2004, 16:23   #31
spdch
SF Candidate

I am (was?) an 18X but have already finished selection and am awaiting Phase II. Just wanted to say hello and compliment you guys on the new site.
Old 03-16-2004, 16:27   #32
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally posted by spdch
I am (was?) an 18X but have already finished selection and am awaiting Phase II. Just wanted to say hello and compliment you guys on the new site.
What do you think Boss?
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 17:30   #33
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

I can verify him, or we can take his word for it.

He does need to learn how to spell Student Company, though.

Not sure about his three rules, either.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 17:37   #34
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

spdch,
You have not convinced the Gatekeeper, therefore, the Keymaster's hands are tied. Feel free to PM The Reaper will bonafides details that will satisfy him. Yes, he is trustworthy of your most intimate details.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 03-16-2004, 19:16   #35
mcd72085
Asset

NousDefionsDoc ...

Very off topic, but;
Did you write what's in your sig line? It caught my eye, and I planned on writing it down. However, on the chance that I decide to quote it at some point in the future, I wanted to either ask your permission to quote it from you if you wrote it, and if not, then who did.
Sincerely,
Michael.
mcd72085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 19:20   #36
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

I pieced it together from bits and pieces I've seen over the years, I search would have told you, as the question has been asked and answered.

Yes, you can use it. Until you piss me off. Did you do PT today?
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 03-16-2004, 19:33   #37
mcd72085
Asset

On PT;

No sir, what shall be the order of the night?
Old 03-16-2004, 19:35   #38
Surgicalcric
Quiet Professional

You like pain mcd72085?

"Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me" -Batman

"There are no obstacles, only opportunities for excellence."- NousDefionsDoc
Surgicalcric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 19:37   #39
mcd72085
Asset

Surgical;

While I find no use in masochism or sadism, I can tolerate it if thats what you mean
Old 03-16-2004, 19:43   #40
Surgicalcric
Quiet Professional

Well if you are asking NDD for an exercise list you may want to go ahead and take some advil...

"Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me" -Batman

"There are no obstacles, only opportunities for excellence."- NousDefionsDoc
Surgicalcric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 19:46   #41
mcd72085
Asset

surgical;

Luckily I have a bottle of advil in the cabinet downstairs. And I'm sure it would be a great exercise in learning to be the grey man. As my recruiter told me; "If you want to really get in shape by the time you leave benning....then every morning, first thing when you see your DS...tell him you feel he's not doing his job and your not being PT'd enough".
Old 03-16-2004, 19:48   #42
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Why didn't you do PT today?
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 03-16-2004, 19:55   #43
mcd72085
Asset

PT

I won't make up excuses for knowingly slacking. I'd rather take my (apparently painfull(thanks for the heads up surgical )) PT list without trying to cop out of it.
Old 03-16-2004, 19:58   #44
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Enough of this on this thread. Go in the ISOFAC and post your last PT score.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 03-16-2004, 21:06   #45
argul
Asset

18x DEP

Shipping out June 4th
argul is offline   Reply With Quote