Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > And Some Gave All.... > In Memory Of

Old 11-29-2018, 13:52   #16
Sohei
Area Commander

Rest In Peace, Warriors and thank you for your service and sacrifice!
Sohei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 14:56   #17
tom kelly
Quiet Professional

IN MEMORY OF SF SOLDIERS & AIRMAN KIA.

Rest in Peace Warriors. tom kelly
Old 11-29-2018, 15:01   #18
lindy
Guerrilla Chief

May the fallen rest easy and praying for the surviving wounded.

That team has been hit hard. 6 years ago to the very day their command truck hit an IED wounding several.

"There are times in your life you'll be required to perform an exceedingly difficult task to the best of your ability, regardless of your perceived capability. Mental toughness is what will carry the day during these times. In other words, you suck it up and do what you have to do." - Razor
lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 22:41   #19
Combat Diver
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindy View Post
May the fallen rest easy and praying for the surviving wounded.

That team has been hit hard. 6 years ago to the very day their command truck hit an IED wounding several.
And in March 2013 the team lost their team leader Captain Andrew Michael Pedersen-Keel to a insider attack.

CD
Combat Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 04:18   #20
CDRODA396
Quiet Professional

May the Fallen Rest In Eternal Peace and Honor.

Prayers for their families and friends, and for the wounded for a speedy and complete recovery.
Old 11-30-2018, 07:07   #21
doctom54
Quiet Professional

Rest In Peace
Old 11-30-2018, 08:45   #22
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

RIP, hermanos.

Thank you for your service and your sacrifice.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 10:43   #23
BryanK
Guerrilla Chief

Rest in God's peace men.

"Too many men work on parts of things. Doing a job to completion, satisfies me."- Richard Proenneke
BryanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 12:17   #24
Combat Diver
Quiet Professional

Update CBS story by SFC Emond's wife on the foundation he started.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/gold-st...-helped-start/

Gold Star widow now getting support from the organization her husband helped start

Last August, Sgt. 1st Class Eric Emond left North Carolina for Afghanistan. It was his seventh combat tour.

"We all went into this deployment thinking it was gonna be the last one, and he'd come home, and get set up to retire," said his wife Allie Emond.

But on November 27, she heard there had been an attack.

"It was just a typical morning, trying to get three kids ready. And in the morning chaos, I saw on the news, and I tried to shush the kids for a minute, and I stood there, and I thought, 'Oh, that's horrible.' But nobody called me, so Eric's OK. So, all right, come on, girls," she said.

Later that afternoon, after she picked up the kids, the doorbell rang.

"I had opened the door not even looking. You just know. There's not a whole lot of reasons that there'd be two uniformed soldiers standing outside of your door. And I just wanted them to say it. They have the things that they have to say, but I just wanted them to say it... My 4-year-old saw the whole thing," Emond said.

Eric Emond had been killed by a roadside bomb in Ghazni Province, Afghanistan. He was 39 years old.

"It was late when I had told them, and I just wanted to get it through to them that, 'Daddy's dead. Something really bad happened.' And finally my oldest had said, looked at me and said, 'He said he was coming home.'"

Allie Emond and her three daughters, ages 7, 4 and 1, were now a Gold Star family. For military spouses and children, it's a distinction they never hope to bear.

For the Emonds, it's also painfully ironic. Back in 2009, Eric suffered a traumatic brain injury after an RPG attack in Afghanistan. While he was recovering, he and others, including his friend Dan Magoon, started an organization called Massachusetts Fallen Heroes to help Gold Star families.

"It angered Eric that those families were forgotten about, when all the pomp and circumstance dies down, and the flag is presented, and families go on. And then, a year passes, and it's onto the next story, it's on to the next issue," Magoon said.

For the next eight years, Eric Emond devoted so much of his life to his country and Gold Star families. His death leaves behind a new one. But Magoon said his friend never considered his family might become a Gold Star family.

"I never thought it. It was something that I think we took for granted," Magoon said.

Massachusetts Fallen Heroes has supported Allie Emond and the girls every step of the way. In May, Eric's name will appear on the country's first memorial for U.S. troops killed in Iraq and Afghanistan, located in his home state, in downtown Boston. Eric helped build it.

"Every choice he made was for other people, was for the betterment of others, whether it be his family, or his country," Emond said. "I was able to meet Marines that he served with. And they would say to me, 'He made me the person I am.' And all I could say back was, 'Me too.' He was an incredible person. He couldn't have been a better man. And I guess I just want people to know that."

https://www.massfallenheroes.org/

CD

Last edited by Combat Diver; 02-14-2019 at 12:27.
Combat Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 16:44   #25
tom kelly
Quiet Professional

SFC.Eric Emond.

VERY SAD. Prayers Out to those 3 little girls & to Mrs.Emond.