Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Early Bird

Old 04-24-2012, 15:37   #46
VVVV

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOfH View Post
Had a BoA credit card some years back, they routinely lost online payments and screwed up interest calculations, dumped the card as soon as I could, and never looked back. Currently with Chase and quite happy with them...
I've had BOA checking account and credit card for years (since they took over Nations Bank) and have never had a single problem. They caught two fraudulent attempts to use my account and notified me immediately. I keep them because of convenience both at home and while traveling. Our main checking, savings, and credit card accounts are at a CU and SunTrust.

I have/had numerous accounts with Chase for over 40 years, both business and personal. Their computers (programing/hardware) were the most archaic of any bank I have ever done business with. It they hadn't been taken over by a smaller bank (can't think of the name) you would not see the name Chase on any bank today. My sister retired from JP Morgan Chase 8-10 years ago. Chase Credit Cards are the worst I have ever had. Try filling up two cars up at a gas station at the same time and see what happens!

Old 04-24-2012, 15:41   #47
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I've had BOA checking account and credit card for years (since they took over Nations Bank) and have never had a single problem. They caught two fraudulent attempts to use my account and notified me immediately. I keep them because of convenience both at home and while traveling. Our main checking, savings, and credit card accounts are at a CU and SunTrust.

I'm stunned.
Old 04-24-2012, 15:58   #48
BOfH
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post

I have/had numerous accounts with Chase for over 40 years, both business and personal. Their computers (programing/hardware) were the most archaic of any bank I have ever done business with. It they hadn't been taken over by a smaller bank (can't think of the name) you would not see the name Chase on any bank today. My sister retired from JP Morgan Chase 8-10 years ago. Chase Credit Cards are the worst I have ever had. Try filling up two cars up at a gas station at the same time and see what happens!

QP WCH,
Chase's anti-fraud system is a bit sensitive(to say the least), and can be a annoying at times. Given my line of work(Information Security), I appreciate it though: case in point, they caught a series of small iTunes charges on my card which I unfortunately didn't even notice. I can't speak to their systems as I don't know anything about their infrastructure, I can say their online banking is quite solid IMHO. So far my wife and I have only had good experiences with their credit cards, though their rewards programs have been getting worse(they canned the Freedom Plus cash back bonus about a year ago ). I started out with Picatinny FCU, which is a great bank, but with limited locations, there wasn't much in convenience when I moved out of the area. One thing I can say for sure, as far as banks go, YMMV; almost everyone I know has had different experiences.

My .002
Old 04-24-2012, 18:28   #49
BigJimCalhoun
Guerrilla

I think most who frequent firearm-related forums understand we are all in it together. Having said that, there are still many, like one of my former neighbors, who was fine with banning tactical rifles and handguns but not his .338.

I don't have a BofA account but if I did I would be supporting McMillan on this.
BigJimCalhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 17:28   #50
Utah Bob
Quiet Professional

Dumped them years ago over a number of issues. I went with a great local bank. The bastards bought out that bank and the next one I went with too.
I believe they were after me.
I use PenFed now.
Lazy Bob Ranch
Utah Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:36   #51
BryanK
Guerrilla Chief

Looks like the Freedom Group has refinanced with BofA . Here is a link to the refinancing report from Freedom Groups website dated April 19, 2012 Here.

"Too many men work on parts of things. Doing a job to completion, satisfies me."- Richard Proenneke
BryanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 20:15   #52
AngelsSix
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
That's it for me!!!!! I'll be changing banks ASAP! Please spread this around to all weapons and military websites!

Bank of America Tells McMillan Firearms
to Find Another Banker

Apparently it is not good enough that McMillan builds products used by our troops to safeguard our freedoms.

Apparently Bank of America is no longer willing to provide banking services to McMillan Group Int'l, LLC (McMillan), a leading maker of gunstocks and an important supplier of stocks, rifles, and other hardware to our U.S. Armed Forces.
Here's what went down. In the course of an "account analysis", a Senior VP of Bank of America (BofA) confirmed that BofA wished to cease doing business with McMillan because the Arizona-based company now builds rifles, not just stocks and accessories. The details of the fall-out between BofA and McMillan were outlined April 19 in a post by Kelly McMillan on McMillan's Facebook page.

HERE is the Text of McMillan's Announcement Regarding Bank of America:
McMillan Fiberglass Stocks, McMillan Firearms Manufacturing, McMillan Group International have been collectively banking with Bank of America for 12 years. Today Mr. Ray F., Senior Vice President, Market Manager, Business Banking, Global Commercial Banking came to my office. He scheduled the meeting as an "account analysis" meeting in order to evaluate the two lines of credit we have with them. He spent 5 minutes talking about how McMillan has changed in the last 5 years and have become more of a firearms manufacturer than a supplier of accessories.

At this point I interrupted him and asked "Can I possibly save you some time so that you don't waste your breath? What you are going to tell me is that because we are in the firearms manufacturing business you no longer want my business."
"That is correct" he says.

I replied "That is okay, we will move our accounts as soon as possible. We can find a 2nd Amendment friendly bank that will be glad to have our business. You won't mind if I tell the NRA, SCI and everyone one I know that BofA is not firearms industry friendly?"
"You have to do what you must" he said.
"So you are telling me this is a politically-motivated decision, is that right?"
Mr. F. confirmed that it was. At which point I told him that the meeting was over and there was nothing left for him to say.

I think it is import[ant] for all Americans who believe in and support our 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear arms should know when a business does not support these rights. What you do with that knowledge is up to you. When I don't agree with a business' political position I can not in good conscience support them. We will soon no longer be accepting Bank of America credit cards as payment for our products.

Kelly D. McMillan
Director of Operations
McMillan Group International, LLC
McMillanUSA.com
Last name of Bank of America VP redacted at request of McMillan.
PSSST! Hey, Boss! You are WAY behind the power curve. I switched away from BANK OF AMERIKA years ago!

We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men - Boondock Saints

Iraq was never lost and Afghanistan was never quite the easy good war. Those in the media too often pile on and follow the polls rather than offer independent analysis. Campaign rhetoric and politics are one thing - the responsibility of governance is quite another.
- Victor Davis Hanson
AngelsSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 15:13   #53
Paslode
Area Commander

On a related note

Bank of America appears to have an issue with the sales of firearms...

Quote:
According to a Facebook post by the owner of American Spirit Firearms, Bank of America has decided to weigh in on the gun debate by freezing his account. Joe Sirochman, Owner of American Spirit Firearms, says Bank of America froze his account after people at the bank decided he shouldn’t be allowed to sell guns on the internet.

This isn’t the first time Bank of America has targeted one of its customers for being involved in the Firearms industry. In fact, earlier this year McMillan Group International, who had been banking with Bank of America for 12 years, was told that their business was no longer welcome after they started manufacturing firearms. Operations director Kelly McMillan also used Facebook to warn its customers what was happening.

Sirochman, who has all the proper federal licensing, says he was told by Bank of America Management that the reason his deposits were being “held for review” was because Bank of America felt he “SHOULD NOT BE SELLING GUNS and PARTS ON THE INTERNET”

Sirochman claims that his two-thirds of his deposits have been held for over two weeks, making it impossible for his small business to operate effectively. His full Facebook post can be read here.
http://unlawfulnews.com/bank-of-amer...-selling-guns/

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...id=67153142789

http://www.americanspiritarms.com/

It should be noted that at this time nothing related to this alleged fiasco with BoA is present on americanspiritarms.com website. I emailed the company for confirmation and have not yet received a response.

But if this story proves to be true it would fall into line with stories that the Obama Administration is pressuring companies to restrict private sales of firearms.

https://www.google.com/search?q=obam...ient=firefox-a
Old 01-07-2013, 15:56   #54
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

BofA and all of the too big to fail boys can go piss up a rope as far as I am concerned. My recommendation, do your business with local credit unions, USAA, small brokerage houses, local banks, and the like. They are much more attentive to you as an individual and good ones are networked in such a way so that they can do everything the too big to fail boys can do - only difference is you will be in control and they won't screw you when your not looking.
Old 01-08-2013, 15:13   #55
TFA303
Auxiliary

Furthermore, BoA's response to me requesting SCRA protection while I was deployed actually made it more difficult to make payments.

So happy to be refinancing.
TFA303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 18:34   #56
chance
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
I was with Ft. Sam Houston National Bank for many years before they were absorbed by BoA into a branch called BoA Military Banking.

They kept most of the FSH policies and are a lot less expensive to use than the main BoA.

At the same time, I also use a military credit union for my mortgage, credit cards, auto loans, checking, and savings.

The reason we kept the BoA account open was the sheer number of branches that we can use to cash checks, pay bills, etc.

I am wondering now if we really need that convenience.

TR
TR,
I don't know if you know this, but with USAA you can use any ATM anywhere and the also refund the ATM fee's.
Old 01-08-2013, 18:57   #57
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by chance View Post
TR,
I don't know if you know this, but with USAA you can use any ATM anywhere and the also refund the ATM fee's.
I don't do ATMs.

I want someone working at the bank I can speak to and conduct business with.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 18:58   #58
Stiletto11
Guerrilla

BOA is the same bank that wanted to charge swipe fees to use your debit card to get your own damn money. They backed down when the press went nuts on them and exposed scheme. I'm using a local bank for check cashing and USAA for all direct deposits and all my other banking and insurance products.
Stiletto11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 20:23   #59
Masochist
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanK View Post
I've been employed by Uncle Sugar for almost a decade as a civilian and Soldier. DoD doesn't use BofA anymore to my knowledge. They switched companies years ago, at least in this neck of the woods (DC Metro). I wonder if there is any correlation due to BofA's past "misspeakings".
I believe it was because they lost data tapes containing info on more than a million federal travel card customers. I don't know what the final outcome of the investigation was by the Secret Service, but I remember shortly after having to redo our travel card information.

http://www.knox.army.mil/sja/documen...A_GTC_Loss.pdf

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Robert A. Heinlein, The Notebooks of Lazarus Long
Masochist is offline   Reply With Quote