Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Early Bird

Old 04-21-2012, 07:59   #16
KimuraFTW
Auxiliary

Looks like I'll be making a switch come Monday...
KimuraFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:59   #17
DIYPatriot
Guerrilla Chief

BofA Parody

TS- I already found a bank for Dusty and literally stumbled upon this one for you and anyone else that ever had a bad experience with BofA. Once upon a time, I banked (for lack of a better term) with them, too.

Your new BofA
"Don't tell me what a good man should be. Don't tell me about his character or what should be in his heart - show me. And then show me again when I'm no longer here because I'll be watching." - my grandfather
DIYPatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:55   #18
Paslode
Area Commander

I quit banking at BoA years ago after they 'lost' car payments and cashed voided checks. In the many cases of 'lost' car payments, on several occasions I drove right over and gave them another check....only to have both checks clear the next day.

Considering BoA has laundered money for the drug cartels, it is somewhat of a surprise that they would turn away the business of a legitimate business such as McMillan. But then again the moment BoA got bailed out by the DC Mob they lost control of their operations

You know, BoA doesn't offer counter checks to their customer......no kidding. I was cashing a check at a BoA a few months bank. The lady in front of me requested some counter checks because BoA lost her check order and the Teller told her she couldn't get them. A Branch Manager interceded only to tell the lady she need to use her debit or credit card and that checks are so pass'e.

I never have those problems with the local bank down the street.
Old 04-21-2012, 12:00   #19
cbtengr
Area Commander

So judging from the comments posted so far I have come to the conclusion that this bank is not being very well run. I thought banks were in the business of handling peoples money, now if you piss off and run off the people who have the money just what kind of a bank will you have to run? There are a lot more of us out there than there are of them. Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention, hit them where it hurts!
Old 04-21-2012, 12:19   #20
DJ Urbanovsky
Guerrilla Chief

A visual aid, and one more reason not to use BofA. You'll have to scroll down a ways, because they made the top three...

http://demonocracy.info/infographics..._exposure.html
DJ Urbanovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:42   #21
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Urbanovsky View Post
A visual aid, and one more reason not to use BofA. You'll have to scroll down a ways, because they made the top three...

http://demonocracy.info/infographics..._exposure.html

And yet another reason:

Bank Of America Forces Depositors To Backstop Its $53 Trillion Derivative Book To Prevent A Few Clients From Departing The Bank

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/bank-a...ew-clients-dep
Old 04-21-2012, 16:35   #22
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

I was with Ft. Sam Houston National Bank for many years before they were absorbed by BoA into a branch called BoA Military Banking.

They kept most of the FSH policies and are a lot less expensive to use than the main BoA.

At the same time, I also use a military credit union for my mortgage, credit cards, auto loans, checking, and savings.

The reason we kept the BoA account open was the sheer number of branches that we can use to cash checks, pay bills, etc.

I am wondering now if we really need that convenience.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 17:02   #23
Red Flag 1
Area Commander

Been with USAA for decades. Will BOA change it's name to BOO? It should.
Red Flag 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 17:41   #24
mojaveman
Area Commander

Been with BofA since '87 after they bought out Security Pacific but I think I might just write the CEO a letter and let him know how I feel. If they don't make ammends with McMillian then it's adios. Their service is not what it used to be anyway.

Last edited by mojaveman; 04-21-2012 at 21:28.
mojaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 19:34   #25
longrange1947
Quiet Professional

They will not make amends and will send you a standard form stating that their policy is to not do business with firearms manufacturers. They are actually proud of that s**t. That is how liberal the a**holes are.

Rick B.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is knowing it is great on a hamburger but not so great sticking one up your ass.

Author - Richard.

Experience is what you get right after you need it.

Author unknown.
longrange1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 21:06   #26
VVVV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paslode View Post

You know, BoA doesn't offer counter checks to their customer......no kidding. I was cashing a check at a BoA a few months bank. The lady in front of me requested some counter checks because BoA lost her check order and the Teller told her she couldn't get them. A Branch Manager interceded only to tell the lady she need to use her debit or credit card and that checks are so pass'e.
I have to agree with the manager on that. I haven't used a paper check in years.
Old 04-21-2012, 22:10   #27
longrange1947
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I have to agree with the manager on that. I haven't used a paper check in years.
I use them all the time. Guess I am old fashioned.

Rick B.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is knowing it is great on a hamburger but not so great sticking one up your ass.

Author - Richard.

Experience is what you get right after you need it.

Author unknown.
longrange1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:06   #28
glebo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by longrange1947 View Post
That's right...ya got checks...ya got money...
Old 04-22-2012, 07:05   #29
33army
Guerrilla

I like handing exact change to cashiers these days.....throws them off when they have to count and actually engage their damn brains.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:10   #30
Gypsy
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by longrange1947 View Post
Me too.

Word passed around, I'm not a BoA customer so that's a plus.