Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > And Some Gave All.... > In Memory Of

Old 02-22-2013, 08:34   #1
Bechorg
Quiet Professional

Smile Chief Doug Vose's Memorial

For those of you who knew Chief Douglas Vose of 10th Group who fell in battle in Afghanistan or anyone who would like to donate to his memorial being built at his high school please visit http://www.gofundme.com/1sqyh8 and help us reach our goal! The future generations need to know that success is not measured by how much money you have, but by the sacrifices you make and people you help. Make them see it every day! Please put the word out on social media and lets get this thing built. Thank you!
Bechorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:47   #2
Bechorg
Quiet Professional

We have got twelve days until the gofund expires and we need to raise 10K. Please reach out to your SFA's and ask for them to donate!

gofundme.com/1sqyh8
Old 02-24-2013, 12:09   #3
Snaquebite
Area Commander

Re-posted on several FB pages and moved for better exposure.

"If one day you decide to know yourself...you'll have to choose the warrior path...You'll reach the darkness of your spirit.... Then, if you overcome your fears....You will know who you are."

"De Oppresso Liber"
Snaquebite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:29   #4
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Donation made.........
RIP Brother..........
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 20:02   #5
neecheepure
Quiet Professional

Thanks for posting this

Bechorg, thanks man. I dropped a post on here for Doug's memorial a month ago, but haven't been back to repost and keep it fresh.

Thanks again brother.

Ryan S.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:01   #6
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Done..

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 14:25   #7
Stras
Quiet Professional

All,

We are $5,000 short of the $40,000 goal.

There are 10 days left for donations.

Please help us reach the goal.

De Oppresso Liber
Stras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 15:30   #8
MFF3705
Quiet Professional

Donation enroute!

Done!
Old 02-26-2013, 15:35   #9
DIYPatriot
Guerrilla Chief

Donated what I could and forwarded this on to some friends that can gain better exposure than I. Good luck!
"Don't tell me what a good man should be. Don't tell me about his character or what should be in his heart - show me. And then show me again when I'm no longer here because I'll be watching." - my grandfather
DIYPatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 21:24   #10
PR31C
Guerrilla

Every donation helps no matter the amount

Donation made, will help spread the word.
"A politician sees his family everyday; a deployed soldier once in 6 months or a year. A politician flies 1st class; a soldier flies in a C130. A politician's pension is not reduced; a soldier's is clawed 65%. A politician enjoys an expense account; a soldier must justify extra rations. A politician vows to defend their country; a soldier actually keeps that promise."

"Beware of fake quotes on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln.
PR31C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 16:46   #11
Bechorg
Quiet Professional

I am happy to announce that the goal has been reched for Doug's memorial and it is a testament to everyone's generosity! We are truly part of a great brotherhood. Thanks to everyone who contributed!
Old 03-06-2013, 12:32   #12
Richard
Quiet Professional

Update.

"Maybe there will be some kids who look at his statue and think about what a Green Beret is and what it means and that'll be something they strive for."

Richard

Concrete To Erect Statue In Honor Of Fallen Hometown Soldier
Ch5News, 5 Mar 2013

As symbolic as the old Concrete plant is to the town named after it, so is the name Douglas Vose III. There's even a street named after him. And soon there will be a statue of him.

Chief Warrant Officer Douglas Vose was killed by enemy fire while on a combat patrol in Afghanistan in 2009. He was 38 years old. He was a highly decorated soldier: a Green Beret. He was a quiet man who grew up in this quiet town, but who's military career made its mark not just in the war on terror, but on his hometown.

"There are a lot of great things that come out of Concrete and Doug was one of the finest," said Maj. Jason Vose, Doug's brother.

Maj. Vose and Doug's widow were at Concrete High School to survey potential sites for a life-sized bronze statue of Doug.

"I think it makes complete sense. I think it'll be a great, great location," said Vose.

The suggested location for the statue and memorial is on campus, in the back of the end zone, next to the flagpole, at Veterans Field where the Vose brothers played football, and where the town still gathers today for every game.

"Just because football to Concrete is kind of like what football is to the state of Texas," recalled Vose. "Maybe there will be some kids who look at his statue and think about what a Green Beret is and what it means and that'll be something they strive for."

The school board still needs to approve the project. If all goes as planned the statue will be unveiled July 27th.

Maj. Vose along with friends and Doug's fellow Green Berets have raised $44,000 for the project, exceeding their goal. They are still accepting donations. Any money leftover will benefit wounded warriors.

Organizers plan to create a webpage for people to make a donation later this week. When that is live, you can find more information or make a donation at www.gofundme.com/DouglasVose.

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Conc...195484771.html
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 09:54   #13
Richard
Quiet Professional

Update - Memorial Ceremony 29 July 2013.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Vose Memorial.jpg (71.1 KB, 55 views)
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote