Old 05-07-2014, 13:08   #1
TimberWolf82
SF Candidate

Last edited by TimberWolf82; 01-18-2020 at 22:16.
TimberWolf82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 14:00   #2
mark46th
Quiet Professional

I'm a FOG so I can't tell you where to report, but I do want to congratulate you and wish you the best of luck. Way to go!, Now, listen, learn and help where you can...
mark46th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 14:15   #3
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

I would visit the Group S-1 shop, in the Group HQs building.

If they do not issue you your inprocessing paperwork, at least they can redirect you, as required.

Congrats and welcome.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 14:22   #4
tst43
Guerrilla

I can't help you find a POC at 3rd Group, but I wanted to say congratulations on your achievement. Good Luck with your future endeavors.
tst43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 15:09   #5
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimberWolf82 View Post
I just graduated from the Q-Course and was lucky enough to be assigned to 3rd Group. Unfortunately I don't know anyone actually in 3rd Group to ask this question so I thought I would take a shot and find out here.

My Report date is this Friday 5/9/2014 and for the life of me I have no idea where it is I'm supposed to go or whom to report to. I asked various people and everyone seems to have a different answer.

If someone could point me in the right direction and also possibly give me any pointers to not screw up my first day I'd greatly appreciate it.

Looking forward to working with all of you and excited to have made it into the brotherhood.
Timber Congrats!!

Do you know where the new 3rd Grp HQ building is? Do you know where the old HQ is/was? If not, find out where it is.

Like TR said, you go to the HQ building report to the CQ Desk. The Desk NCO will point you to the S1 office. From there you'll meet the Grp CSM and find out which Bn you're going to.

Good luck. Remember you're a team member now, not just your MOS. Start your cross training and learning how to train others.

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 16:28   #6
PRB
Quiet Professional

Congrats. A long, exciting and healthy SF career to you.
3rd Gp HQ and look for the S1.
The CSM has already told them where to assign you, he gets a grad read out.
PRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 16:46   #7
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Congrads, and enjoy team life.
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 17:07   #8
Joker
Quiet Professional

Even though it is the wrong Group , congratulations
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 18:06   #9
TimberWolf82
SF Candidate

Last edited by TimberWolf82; 01-18-2020 at 22:16.
TimberWolf82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 19:04   #10
Habu-MFFI 175
Quiet Professional

Welcome to the Brotherhood. Now its go time, time to get your feet wet and your brain in gear.

Good luck
Old 05-07-2014, 19:38   #11
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimberWolf82 View Post
Thanks for the responses everyone! I went for a run today all through 3rd to get a lay of the land and located the new HQ Building. Again really excited to get started and start contributing!

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 22:36   #12
Box
Quiet Professional

2040 DESERT STORM DRIVE
FORT BRAGG, NORTH CAROLINA 28310

Don't park right in front of the headquarters building; better to park in the lower parking lot and walk up the hill.

Enjoy.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing

Last edited by Box; 05-07-2014 at 22:38.
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 05:03   #13
Snaquebite
Area Commander

Congrats, my first thought (if I were you) would have been ...Well, let's see, I'm on Bragg. Not sure where to go....maybe a recon is in order....Group Staff Duty can probably help me out....

"If one day you decide to know yourself...you'll have to choose the warrior path...You'll reach the darkness of your spirit.... Then, if you overcome your fears....You will know who you are."

"De Oppresso Liber"
Snaquebite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:41   #14
spottedmedic111
Quiet Professional

You'll like 3rd Group. Some of the most professional people you'll ever meet hang out there. Good luck.
spottedmedic111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 21:22   #15
StRaTeGy_
SF Candidate

Talking ...

Congrats and welcome to the 3D GRP family. Now, go get ready for your "newcomer APFT " it can be an eye opening experience because your two miles it's all uphill