Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > Deactivated SF Units

Old 07-25-2011, 06:55   #1
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

Wink 12th Special Forces Group Alumni......

All former 12th SF Grp........Interested in joining see below:

12th Special Forces Group Alumni

For those of you on "Facebook", there is now a group called "12th Special Forces Group Alumni". I would appreciate anyone and everyone that would consider joining us on "Facebook".

Thanks in advance,

Major(R) Don "Lash" LaRue

Big Teddy
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII
greenberetTFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:45   #2
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenberetTFS View Post

For those of you on "Facebook", there is now a group called "12th Special Forces Group Alumni". I would appreciate anyone and everyone that would consider joining us on "Facebook".

Thanks in advance,

Big Teddy
Bump
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

Old 09-20-2011, 18:50   #3
ZonieDiver
Quiet Professional

I finally "joined up" on that group, Big Teddy. Great place. Thanks.
Old 11-12-2011, 14:07   #4
amerivet
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenberetTFS View Post

Thanks in advance,

Big Teddy
Don: I will pass this info on to my C312 buddies. FYI, we maintain a website: www.c312.com This is primarily due to the fact that we were a pretty tight and proud group (commonly referred to as "The Boys from LA") . One thing that helped a lot was the fact that all five of our A-teams and our B-team were in one location. FYI, I am in Afghanistan now working for ANASOAG. FYI also, 3rd Group did a fantastic job in regards to that incident in Paktiya province on 10 November. You'll probably see details on this in about 4-6 months.
amerivet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 14:32   #5
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

amerivet,

Sorry that post mislead you,I'm not Major(R) Don "Lash"Larue....... He is the guy that maintains and created the site..... I was just a lowly SFC who earned his money(),BTW your site is pretty cool......

Big Teddy
Zonie Diver

Jack Moroney

Old 11-13-2011, 08:32   #6
ZonieDiver
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by amerivet View Post
Don: I will pass this info on to my C312 buddies. FYI, we maintain a website: www.c312.com This is primarily due to the fact that we were a pretty tight and proud group (commonly referred to as "The Boys from LA") . One thing that helped a lot was the fact that all five of our A-teams and our B-team were in one location. FYI, I am in Afghanistan now working for ANASOAG. FYI also, 3rd Group did a fantastic job in regards to that incident in Paktiya province on 10 November. You'll probably see details on this in about 4-6 months.
But... and like my ex-wife, it's a pretty BIG butt... your first post does not go here. Re-read the email you received and adjust fire. A profile and intro post in the proper thread are needed. Thank you for your attention to this detail.

By the way, we in C/2/12 in San Diego called you guys "The Hollywood Company"! You always had cooler sunglasses, and your military, uniformed formations (as we lounged in jeans and flannel, sipping an Irish coffee) in front of the civilians at Mammoth Mountain never failed to impress us, if not the civvies!
Old 11-22-2012, 20:33   #7
Cas
Asset

Dec breakfast - Norcal

HHD 3/12 folks!

December is right around the corner. If you haven't gotten an email from Shields or Mello, contact them. 2012 Winter Regimental Breakfast is moved to a new location in Vallejo.

See you there!
Cas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 23:54   #8
Erick
Asset

The June HHC & A Co (-) 3/12 breakfast is this coming Sunday in Vallejo. As mentioned by Cas, contact Chief G or Mello.
Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:01   #9
UWOA (RIP)
Quiet Professional

Location: You can't get here from there; you have to go someplace else first.
I'm an alumni (Det 134), but I don't do Facebook (my criminal intel weanies told me it's a number one hackers target). I do like hearing about the old unit though ... even though we (Charlie Co, 1st Bn) were located in Indiana and Michigan. I guess that's why we were always getting on a plane to go somewhere else ...LOL.

Don't know where I'm goin', but there's no use in bein' late.
I've never been lost. I've been a mite confused at times, but never lost.
I'm not lost! I know where I am; I just don't know where everybody else is.
UWOA (RIP) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:27   #10
18C4V
Quiet Professional

SFA 23 puts out alot of info regarding the 3/12 reunions. Quite a few of the SFA 23 guys are from Hamilton Air Force Base where 3/12 was at.
18C4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:10   #11
Aoresteen
Quiet Professional

I was in Co B 1/12 Arlinton Heights 1985-1986. I do NOT do Facebook.

Currently at SOCOM J-33 doing my last (I hope ) summer AT & IDT
De Oppresso Liber
Aoresteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 14:25   #12
Kasik
Quiet Professional

PANG Base

I was with 12th Group when our company (A Co) was at the Portland Air National Guard base in Portland, Oregon.

When deactivated we became A Co, 1/19th SFGA located in Buckley, Washington.

Ours was the only 19th Group company to participate in Operation Iraqi Freedom with ramp up in 2002 in KU at Camp Doja and then full deployment of all teams into Iraq when the berm was crossed.