Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 06-27-2015, 17:33   #46
Joker
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguish Lawyer View Post
You guys love to rant, yet not one of you has given a dime to the one guy fighting for your views politically. WTF, over? The retired guys have no excuse.

Click this link and give some money, or STFU.

https://donate.tedcruz.org/c/FBCA0007/
How do you know we haven't?

Quote:
Not where I live.
Move! There's ambulances to chase in other parts of Merica.
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 17:35   #47
Razor
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
For every gay person I know, I know at least a 100 straight people who support gay marriage...so it's really not just 1 percent.
You must either know a shitload of people, or very few homosexuals.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 17:40   #48
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker View Post
How do you know we haven't?
I'm a high-level dude at the NSA. Actually, one of you has now donated.
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 18:00   #49
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:
I'm a high-level dude at the NSA. Actually, one of you has now donated.
You better believe him....
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 18:06   #50
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ted.jpg (34.7 KB, 79 views)
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 22:30   #51
Mills
Quiet Professional

I just love how they throw around words like "dignity, honor, respect, tolerance, equality".

The dignified process of two persons without the appropriate chromosones required to procreate marrying one and other?

Sounds real dignified, and honorable.

Maybe I should petition to marry my revolver. I mean I love it, and we can't make babies if I fuck it, so whats the difference?

I knew our country was gone before this decision was made, but it really came to light after doing some reading online the last few days. Never in all my 35 years have I seen a bigger group of sore winners. Just trampling dissenting opinions and using every opportunity to cite the constitution whilst calling anyone who doesn't actively support two dudes banging eachother a bigot.
Mills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 23:38   #52
Box
Quiet Professional

...your opinion is no longer your own
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 00:05   #53
Sdiver
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy L-bach View Post
...your opinion is no longer your own
If you were to take 3.14 out of an opinion, all you would have left is an onion.

Sdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 06:25   #54
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadsword2004 View Post
I agree that calling those that disagree with same-sex marriage a bigot is wrong, as not everyone disagrees with same-sex marriage hates homosexuals. But I do not get what all the ranting and raving about this is about. Homosexuality occurs naturally. If two people love each other, what is the big deal? Marriage isn't solely based on procreation. Not all married couples procreate and sometimes they can't due to medical reasons even if they want to.

Regarding your revolver, the difference is that your revolver can't love you back nor is it capable of reason at all. It's just an inanimate object.
You've got those liberal New York "blinders" on so tight that it's restricting the blood flow to your brain.
Old 06-28-2015, 06:49   #55
Pete
Quiet Professional

Years back

Years back Ginsburg was speaking somewhere and mentioned something like the values of European countries should be given consideration when deciding US law.

Caused a little flap at the time but the tree is starting to bear fruit.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 07:52   #56
lindy
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
But I do not get what all the ranting and raving about this is about.
Can you point out where Justice Kennedy's majority opinion actually CITED the Constitution? The dissenting opinions sure did and, going further, EVERY SINGLE dissenter cited (in their own ways) that the majority's opinion contravened the American idea of democracy and in effect the 10th Amendment.

That's what it's about.

"There are times in your life you'll be required to perform an exceedingly difficult task to the best of your ability, regardless of your perceived capability. Mental toughness is what will carry the day during these times. In other words, you suck it up and do what you have to do." - Razor
lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 07:54   #57
bailaviborita
Quiet Professional

Quote:
I agree that calling those that disagree with same-sex marriage a bigot is wrong, as not everyone disagrees with same-sex marriage hates homosexuals. But I do not get what all the ranting and raving about this is about. Homosexuality occurs naturally. If two people love each other, what is the big deal? Marriage isn't solely based on procreation. Not all married couples procreate and sometimes they can't due to medical reasons even if they want to.

Regarding your revolver, the difference is that your revolver can't love you back nor is it capable of reason at all. It's just an inanimate object.
The issue is social norms and the assumptions about doing away with norms and what that will cause. If you think gay marriage and gay equality is the objective- you are fooling yourself. Go to their websites and read their agenda. This is just the beginning. Their goals are totally transforming society. Doing away with the labels male and female. They're already talking about passing the baton to the Q crowd.

If you assume that a society that "evolves" into one whose individuals are "free" to determine on a minute by minute basis who they are, who they want to have sex with, and what they should be responsible for (in terms of the products of their sexual activity and social relationships at any moment in time)--- is a better society, then you should be cool with all this. If you think that there are inherent strengths in norming behavior, two couple heterosexual parents raising kids, and the majority of people not questioning or being constantly hung up about their sexual identity to the point of psychosis- then you are probably a little worried at current trends and university reeducation efforts...

Last edited by bailaviborita; 06-28-2015 at 07:57.
bailaviborita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:05   #58
JSMosby
Quiet Professional

Hold on a second.....I just heard that we no longer burn witches at the stake. WTF is happening to this country???

Who is John Galt?

Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
JSMosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:44   #59
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSMosby View Post
Hold on a second.....I just heard that we no longer burn witches at the stake. WTF is happening to this country???
(It's been contracted out to foreign countries.....)
Old 06-28-2015, 08:47   #60
Mustang Man
Guerrilla

The scary thing is that in an interview I just saw with a LGBT fellow, he mentioned something along the lines of, "This historic decision moves our community a step forward but there is still work to be done." First thing I thought of was, what the hell else needs to be done??? The supreme court just circumvented the 10th amendment for you all.

You can now marry anywhere & be out loud proud of being gay and sue anyone of who disagrees with you.

Anyone now wanna take bets on what the next "progressive" movement to get shoved down our throats will be?

My moneys probably on either pedophilia or trans-species/beastiality.

BMT
Mustang Man is offline   Reply With Quote