Old 02-05-2009, 18:38   #31
incarcerated
Area Commander

Militec has shipped over $2 million worth of free product to troops. During OIF 5, around the time this thread was starting, I had a bunch of moms sending 1-15 Inf great buckets of the stuff. You simply shot them an e-mail, giving your soldier’s APO. We remain very grateful, and loyal customers.

From their site:
http://www.militec1.com/
[click on the “Troops Click Here For Free Supply” active text.]

• “Please specify the number of troops and types of weapons if possible
• Free supply shipments will be mailed the same day or the next business day at the latest.
• Family members and loved ones: Please provide complete address in theater or stateside.
• Your supply should arrive within 1-2 weeks in theater and 7 days stateside. If your supply has not arrived within 2 weeks/7 days of your original email/phone request, please email us or phone us collect at 1-301-893-3910 and we will track and advise you promptly.
incarcerated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 18:50   #32
alelks
Quiet Professional

Miltec is great stuff. After I retired I even sent my son some while he was in Iraq (it was scarce at the time).

Recently I have been using a product called Gunzilla that works great. I've read of quite a few people that prefer it over Miltec.

Gunzilla like Miltec doesn't leave a greasy film but lubricates very well.

Might be worth a try.

AL

EDIT: I forgot to mention that it's a cleaner as well as a lubricant.

Last edited by alelks; 02-05-2009 at 19:20.
alelks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 11:57   #33
incarcerated
Area Commander

This is where we return their favor

Many of you will have received this e-mail from Militec, but for those who missed it, this is where we return their favor:

Dear Friend of MILITEC-1:

I have an important favor to ask you, as a user of MILITEC-1. We’ve avoided making this request, but it has now become necessary. I need you to communicate with your senators and representatives in Congress, telling of your experience with MILITEC-1 weapons lubricant. Congress needs to hear from real-world MILITEC-1 users, to understand its value in combat. This communication to Congress should come from service members, their families, and friends.

You may be aware that Militec, Inc., has been struggling for years to have its product made available again to service members through the regular supply system. Certain Army officials insist that its MilSpec CLP – cleaner, lubricant, and preservative – is perfectly suited to lube your weapons in combat. And they insist that, since MILITEC-1 does not meet MilSpec laboratory conditions, it is not suited for use by you in the real world of combat. Those officials have repeatedly canceled and blocked the National Stock Numbers (NSN’s) for MILITEC-1, and have prevented it from being made available to you through supply channels.

Since 9/11, I have provided over 600,000 free bottles MILITEC-1 to every service member who requested it. I believe that MILITEC-1 provides a live-saving advantage in combat, and I have been determined that all of you will have that advantage, even if I have to give it to you.

Now, I have reached the point where it’s very difficult to provide product to our service members, without the supply system’s purchasing it and shipping it through regular supply channels. I have tried in vain to define the benefits of MILITEC-1 in the field, but Army officials maintain that it must conform to MilSpec as tested in Army laboratories.

Thousands – literally – of your emails to me testify to MILITEC-1's superior performance in field conditions, especially in dry, dusty or desert environments. If service members, including family and friends will share their experiences with MILITEC-1 with their two senators and their representative in the House of Representatives, congressional interest can break the logjam I face in certain Army offices.

I need your help. Please use your own words to describe your experiences with MILITEC-1. Army officials dismiss our field reports as “anecdotal, unsubstantiated evidence.” I believe that the combined experience of thousands of service members is more than anecdotal. Your help now is very important.

Address your letters to: Honorable XXX
United States Senate
Washington, DC 20510

Dear Senator XXX:

Honorable YYY
U.S. House of Representatives
Washington, DC 20515

Dear Representative YYY:

Don’t worry about other info. It’s not needed. To learn who your senators are for email and mail contact, go to the following website and click your state: http://www.senate.gov/general/contac...nators_cfm.cfm. For your representative, go to this website and click your state and zip code: https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml.

Your message should be short and clear about MILITEC-1. Ask your senators and representative to consider your position carefully, and to forward it to Representative Steny Hoyer, so he will appreciate the concerns of field users of MILITEC-1. Representative Hoyer is the Majority Leader of the House, and his congressional district in Maryland is home to my company, Militec, Inc.

I sincerely appreciate your support, and your effort, with other service members, families and friends, to help Congress understand the value of MILITEC-1 versus CLP.

Most respectfully, and gratefully,

Brad P. Giordani

President
Militec, Inc.
www.militec.com
incarcerated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 22:24   #34
122418b
Quiet Professional

Millitec is a great product.
122418b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 23:23   #35
ktek01
Suffering from SF TDY Envy

Have not tried Militech yet, picked up a bottle of Tuf-Glide at a PX in Iraq and been using it ever since. The dry film type lubes work great, even after a sandstorm it was very easy to clean off my weapon. Light dusting with a paint brush, even the fine talc powder like dust didnt stick, zero malfunctions in any of my weapons since switching.

http://www.sentrysolutions.com/sentr...oduct_Active=1

Last edited by ktek01; 05-14-2010 at 23:38.
ktek01 is offline   Reply With Quote