Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 03-28-2013, 09:09   #76
Snaquebite
Area Commander

Pete you're right. The shotgun was in the glove compartment. They also found two 35 round 12 guage shotgun mags.

Quote:
A loaded 12-gauge shotgun was found in the glove compartment of the Honda Civic Lanza drove to the school with two magazines containing 70 rounds of Winchester 12-gauge shotgun rounds.
http://www.lawofficer.com/article/ne...multiple-weapo

"If one day you decide to know yourself...you'll have to choose the warrior path...You'll reach the darkness of your spirit.... Then, if you overcome your fears....You will know who you are."

"De Oppresso Liber"
Snaquebite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:31   #77
Streck-Fu
Area Commander

Quote:
......and a gun safe in Lanza's bedroom.
WTF?!

I guess that seals the deal on mom's negligence...IMO....

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Streck-Fu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:39   #78
fng13
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streck-Fu View Post
WTF?!

I guess that seals the deal on mom's negligence...IMO....
In the article Snaquebite posted they are certainly leading the reader to this, but they actually wrote they found a safe in the house, not specifically in his bedroom.

Quote:
Documents indicate authorities found a gun safe with shotgun shells in the house and numerous boxes of bullets.

The article seems to not have all of the facts straight.

Also the shotgun was in the trunk not the glove box. It'd have to be a pretty big glove box to fit a 12 gauge and seventy shotgun shells.

Furthermore, it says they found 3-30 round mags but 154 rounds were fired from the bushmaster. So did he stop and reload a couple mags?

2 shotgun mags with 70 rounds of 12 guage in them? 35 round drums?

I've never seen one but I guess its possible.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:44   #79
Streck-Fu
Area Commander

That article is such a hodgepodge of claims, it is hard to determine what is true.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Streck-Fu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 07:43   #80
Hand
Guerrilla Chief

Deleted

"Fuck that - man up - kick over the podium, piss on the teleprompter, wave your dick at the TV cameras and drop the mic' as you walk off the stage. " - the QP formerly known as BillyLBach

Last edited by Hand; 07-20-2019 at 09:58.
Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 15:54   #81
Leozinho
Quiet Professional

I want to know when this site (I’ve been a member since 2004) became a welcoming place for civilian and non-QP conspiracy theorists, especially those deluded enough to think Sandy Hook didn’t happen?
Leozinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 09:53   #82
Last hard class
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leozinho View Post
I want to know when this site (I’ve been a member since 2004) became a welcoming place for civilian and non-QP conspiracy theorists, especially those deluded enough to think Sandy Hook didn’t happen?
You meant to put that in pink correct? This is my conspiracy theory go to website of record. Many of our members more than 2 deviations off have actually been less vocal as of late. Might be happier with the current political state. More likely though, they just fell off the end of the earth.

LHC
Old 07-20-2019, 09:58   #83
Hand
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leozinho View Post
My apologies. Post deleted.

"Fuck that - man up - kick over the podium, piss on the teleprompter, wave your dick at the TV cameras and drop the mic' as you walk off the stage. " - the QP formerly known as BillyLBach
Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 13:44   #84
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF_BHT View Post
Well the Corner reported that no victims were killed with a 223 round. They were killed by the pistols (10/9mm) Only.

The Bushmaster was recorded on video being removed from the trunk of the car when they searched it. HUMmmmmmm....?

Looks like that won't save Remington

Quote:
The Supreme Court has denied Remington Arms Co.'s bid to block a lawsuit filed by families of victims of the Sandy Hook school massacre. The families say Remington should be held liable, as the maker and promoter of the AR-15-style rifle used in the 2012 killings.
Link here

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 15:16   #85
tom kelly
Quiet Professional

SCOTUS:

The Anti-2nd Amendment Justices, How about any product used in conjunction with murder, or killing of an another person? Motor Vehicles, Alcohol, Small Tools, hammer, screwdriver, wrench, rope, wire, flammable liquid...????? THE LAWYER SEWAR INDUSTRY that gets 40% of the "SETTLEMENT". JOB SECURITY FOR LAW SCHOOL GRAD's THE ABSENCE OF MALICE SHOULD HAVE BEEN ARGUED BUT THAN THE LIBERAL JURY WOULD HAVE DISMISSED THAT.
Old 11-12-2019, 16:08   #86
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom kelly View Post
The Anti-2nd Amendment Justices, How about any product used in conjunction with murder, or killing of an another person? Motor Vehicles, Alcohol, Small Tools, hammer, screwdriver, wrench, rope, wire, flammable liquid...????? THE LAWYER SEWAR INDUSTRY that gets 40% of the "SETTLEMENT". JOB SECURITY FOR LAW SCHOOL GRAD's THE ABSENCE OF MALICE SHOULD HAVE BEEN ARGUED BUT THAN THE LIBERAL JURY WOULD HAVE DISMISSED THAT.
I suspect Tom notes the problem

The defense did not hit the correct quote for their arguments. SCOTUS has in the past punished the defense lawyers by using very narrow and selective wordage in decent postings. They want the case to come back but can't tell the lawyers how..

They only interpret the law as the case is presented. I think something was way wrong in the presentation.

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 16:55   #87
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

And on the tail of this

Quote:
(Reuters) - Whitebox Advisors LLC, a credit-focused hedge fund, has been quietly capitalizing on Wall Street’s ambivalence toward gun manufacturers by replacing some banks as a lender to Remington Outdoor Company

Here

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 18:44   #88
PSM
Area Commander

I guess that Remington shouldn't have advertised that, "If you are planning on shooting up a school with a 9mm handgun, be sure to carry one of our AR-15 rifles in the trunk of your car."

Not in pink because that's, apparently, the argument.

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 19:05   #89
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM View Post
I guess that Remington shouldn't have advertised that, "If you are planning on shooting up a school with a 9mm handgun, be sure to carry one of our AR-15 rifles in the trunk of your car."

Not in pink because that's, apparently, the argument.
I think there is something wrong with the SCOTUS filing.

If the AR was in the trunk the filing should have been tossed

If the AR was a Bushmaster XM15-E2S, Remington did not have a weapon on the property?

Quote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_...chool_shooting
A large quantity of unused ammunition was recovered inside the school along with three semi-automatic firearms found with Lanza: a .223-caliber Bushmaster XM15-E2S rifle, a 10mm Glock 20SF handgun, and a 9mm SIG Sauer P226 handgun.[5] Outside the school, an Izhmash Saiga-12 shotgun was found in the car Lanza had driven.[5][7]

On March 28, 2013, court documents released from the investigation showed that the school shooting had occurred in the space of less than five minutes with 156 shots fired. This comprised 154 shots from the rifle and two shots from the 10mm pistol. Lanza fired one shot from the Glock in the hallway and killed himself with another shot from the pistol to the head.[102][103]

Could Connecticut have a law that says you can only file claims against a corporation with headquarters within the state?

If so, can SCOTUS rule on the legality of such state laws?

Would the 2L's please stand?

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 21:41   #90
tonyz
Area Commander

The Supreme Court does not disclose why it declines to hear a case. The original lawsuit was still in discovery phase. Perhaps, when there is a decision in the lower court - on the merits - perhaps SCOTUS may take up the case.

Excerpt from the CT Supreme Court opinion.

“Just before 9:30 a.m., Lanza shot his way into the locked school using the XM15-E2S. He immediately shot and killed Mary Joy Sherlach as well as the school’s principal. He subsequently shot and wounded two staff members.
Lanza next entered Classroom 8, where he used the rifle to kill two adults and fifteen first grade children, including five of the plaintiffs. Finally, he entered Class- room 10, where he used the rifle to kill two adults and five first grade children, including three of the plaintiffs. Nine children from Classroom 10 were able to escape when Lanza paused to reload with another magazine.
In total, the attack lasted less than four and one-half minutes, during which Lanza fired at least 154 rounds from the XM15-E2S, killing twenty-six and wounding two others.16”

“16 Although the plaintiffs do not specifically allege it, an investigation revealed that Lanza killed his mother in their home prior to the massacre and that the massacre ended when he took his own life in the school. Both of those killings apparently were carried out with other firearms and are not at issue in this case. See Division of Criminal Justice, State of Connecti- cut, Report of the State’s Attorney for the Judicial District of Danbury on the Shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School and 36 Yogananda Street, Newtown, Connecticut on December 14, 2012 (November 25, 2013) p. 2.”

https://www.supremecourt.gov/DocketP..._Exhibit-1.pdf

More info at the link below than most would want to know about this case:

https://www.supremecourt.gov/docket/...ic/19-168.html

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote