Old 08-30-2005, 16:25   #16
aricbcool
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle
or kick him in the back of the head
m1
I was just going to say the same thing.

I would, spit in his face, kick him in the head, roll him off and then run like hell, er... stomp him until he stops moving.
Old 08-30-2005, 16:35   #17
aricbcool
Guerrilla Chief

Back up on their approach. The map trick is an old one, I aint fallin' for it.

Ok, so I'm dumb this time and say "Hey fellas, what can I do you for? Hey wait! Erf, oof, ouch, ...crap."

In this scenario I would have to assume that they're going to take me down. So, my focus would be to maneuver the upper body guy's head into hitting the ground before I do. If I can manage to get an arm around his neck/head that would be best. If not, attack his face or throat as best I could before landing. After that, wiggle and squirm trying to get at joints and fingers and soft spots like kidneys, eyes, groins and hair.

The upper guy would be the priority, though I'd try to kick the lower guy off me if I could.

--Aric
Old 08-30-2005, 16:51   #18
Kyobanim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Joe
Kyo,

Do you want them here or in new threads?
Yeah, let's keep them in the same thread. I'll merge the one you started here. Good job guys.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing."
Optimus Prime
Kyobanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 18:14   #19
Michelle
Hornet Nest Poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aricbcool
I was just going to say the same thing.

I would, spit in his face, kick him in the head, roll him off and then run like hell, er... stomp him until he stops moving.
As an addendum, I think if you swung your left leg with enough momentum, you could hook it around his head (think calf to his throat) and crank him backward. Was going to try that next but was getting paged for a conference call.

The weakest link though is the fact in that scenario, he is basically a "tripod" since his left hand has your throat... take out the weakest "leg", which in this case would be that right bracing arm (by shifting your captured arm if possible), and you've got a good chance of rolling out. Again, I couldn't "buck" my way out. I was outweighed by too much of a factor. Otherwise use knees/legs.

I don't know if running would work without adding some additional damage before the sprint. The average man can outrun a female pretty quickly. The boot party idea might be better before you head out on your nikes.

Kyo, are you going to put your solutions up here to help us out? Would be nice to know if we are heading in the right direction on these.

m1
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 19:14   #20
Kyobanim

Quote:
Kyo, are you going to put your solutions up here to help us out? Would be nice to know if we are heading in the right direction on these.
As long as the technique works for you, that's all that matters. This isn't a test but more of a "how many ways can you skin the cat" type exercise. But the KISS principle should be in effect here.

Scenario 1 - Curl into a ball, expand body and head butt the face and if possible, feet to the knees. Then walk away.

Scenario 2 is a little more difficult since most likely you will end up on the ground. I would deal with the BG that isn't holding the map first. Lock legs around torso, gouge eyes. That would most likely cause other BG to grab from rear, repeated back elbows to the head to break contact and get to my feet. Then we decide who really wants to have a go.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Optimus Prime
Old 08-30-2005, 19:14   #21
Kyobanim

Next!

Optimus Prime
Old 08-30-2005, 19:31   #22
aricbcool
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle
As an addendum, I think if you swung your left leg with enough momentum, you could hook it around his head (think calf to his throat) and crank him backward. Was going to try that next but was getting paged for a conference call.

The weakest link though is the fact in that scenario, he is basically a "tripod" since his left hand has your throat... take out the weakest "leg", which in this case would be that right bracing arm (by shifting your captured arm if possible), and you've got a good chance of rolling out. Again, I couldn't "buck" my way out. I was outweighed by too much of a factor. Otherwise use knees/legs.

I don't know if running would work without adding some additional damage before the sprint. The average man can outrun a female pretty quickly. The boot party idea might be better before you head out on your nikes.

m1
Hooking the leg is a great idea! You might be able to finagle an arm bar out of it.

You're right, it would be best to add some additional damage before running. Just in case.

--Aric
Old 08-30-2005, 19:51   #23
Kyobanim

Quote:
You're right, it would be best to add some additional damage before running. Just in case.
Damage is good. More the better.

Next!

Optimus Prime
Old 08-30-2005, 20:07   #24
aricbcool
Guerrilla Chief

Scenario 4?

Alright, I think this would be Scenario 4?

The BG twists your right arm up behind your back (classic bully style) while taking his left arm and securing a choke hold from behind, leaning back to get you off balance. Mutters something like "I want that milk money..."

Go...
Old 08-30-2005, 20:53   #25
frostfire
Area Commander

cry and scream like a baby and see how it "affects" him at all (probe his intention/mindset)
Tell him to release right hand since you need to grab your wallet in the right pocket to get his milk money

any variations of outcome from the above actions, you can
- Get away and get the teacher/head-master to scold him
- Get away and tell him you will sue him for aggravated assault
- etc.

or ruthlessly:
- instantly lower chin or look to the right to reduce lethality of the choke
- left hand free? Squeeze and pull out in a jerky motion any protruding part at the groin area
- bend & twist body to the right and lift right knee to shift CG to the right and lessen pain from the twisted right arm, stomp knee or shin area...
- etc.

"So we can suffer, and in suffering we know who we are" David Goggins

"Aide-toi, Dieu t'aidera " Jehanne, la Pucelle

Der, der Geld verliert, verliert einiges;
Der, der einen Freund verliert, verliert viel mehr;
Der, der das Vertrauen verliert, verliert alles.

INDNJC
frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 22:57   #26
Tubbs
Guerrilla

1. Tuck your chin into the crook of his arm while simultaneuosly flexing your kneck muscles. This will prevent him from affecting a decent choke hold.
2. Heel stomp the hell out of his foot. This should stun him and possibly cause him to loosen his grip or let go of you all together.
3. If the heel stomp did not cause him to let go them reach up and grab either his pinky or his thumb and twist. This will break his hold and allow you to manipulate him into a good arm bar.
4. Once you have control of his arm break it. This can be done by a hard strike to his elbow while you have his arm extended in the arm bar. If you cannot do that then at least break the digit that you have ahold of. This hurts alot and ussually takes the fight out of a person. He'll have let go of your arm by now.
5. Next gouge his eyes or strike his throat right above the clavicle. This will ensure that he cannot retaliate.
6. Asses the situation to see if he has any friends that you need to be concerend about. Deal with them accordingly. If you have to run, run. If not...
7. Finally, if he is not already on the ground put him there and ensure that he will not get back up. Heel stomp his head, lower back, or achilles tendon.
You should be safe at this point

Vomiting works pretty well too. You'd be amazed at how many people get the fight taken right out of them when you vomit on them. If it doesn't take the fight out of them it should at least stun them long enough for you to turn the fight in your favor.
Old 08-30-2005, 22:57   #27
Huey14
Kia ora, bro

Backwards kick into the balls again.

"That block was already messed up."
Huey14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 03:04   #28
Martin

Well, here's a question: Do anyone of you know a) How many assailants use to follow if you run? and b) For how long, short sprint or do they try to keep up for a longer time? (I don't have an answer, I'm curious)

Scenario two: If possible, I'd try to meet the incoming lower guy with a knee or kakato geri (straight heel kick) - to the head. Hopefully that might break the hold. These guys are obviously not standing on top of eachother, so I'd continue escalating and change angle or otherwise engage the one holding my upper body. Line them up and deal with them one at a time.

As Kyo points out, it's likely to be taken to the ground, and what I would do, would probably be close to what he said. Two against one on the ground... I wouldn't last long without doing something drastic.

I have noticed, though, that I don't usually do what I think I will when fighting. I might have a general plan or direction I want to take the fight, but specific strikes... no, maybe as an opening. I also fight worse when thinking too much about what I do. A friend said that is not a matter of concentration, but focus.

Just my .02

Martin
Old 08-31-2005, 03:17   #29
Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyobanim
Scenario 1 - Curl into a ball, expand body and head butt the face and if possible, feet to the knees. Then walk away.
Sir, I'm not trying to argue your solution, but as a general point for all to keep in mind, it would be wise to keep an eye on your assailant as you walk away, too.

When I was in a fight a few years ago, kept it very short, he received a few bruises, and when I walked away, he put a choke on me from behind. Ergo, had to beat him again.

Martin
Old 08-31-2005, 07:34   #30
Kyobanim

Quote:
Sir, I'm not trying to argue your solution, but as a general point for all to keep in mind, it would be wise to keep an eye on your assailant as you walk away, too.
Hence the strike to the knees. They don't do very well bending backwards. But yes, you are correct. Never assume that someone is going to stay down.

Optimus Prime