Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > The Bear Pit > PT/ H2H

Old 06-02-2006, 11:09   #46
casey
Quiet Professional

¿Dónde está mi amigo poco meridional?

Last edited by casey; 02-15-2009 at 17:57.
casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 13:48   #47
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by casey
¿Dónde está mi amigo poco meridional?
Is that yours?
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 19:01   #48
casey
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by NousDefionsDoc
Is that yours?
One of the smaller ones (45lb) I keep in the shop. New place opened up nearby with a plethora of like items - all pelican case retrofitted.
casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 01:44   #49
Arwr
Asset

Kettle Bells are a definite move in the right direction. I have a set of kettle bell handles from IronMind, as well as, a set similar to DragonDoor's. The regular non-adjustable kettle bells work much better. I also have a Brown Bear Pack Weight which is a packable kettle bell. The Pack Weight is an excellent kettle bell with the flexibility needed for deployments. The other advantage to the Pack Weight is that the shipping cost is drastically minimised. It is also something a rigger should be able to easily rig up.

Brown Bear Pack Weight: http://www.packweight.com/index.htm

Arwr
Arwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 21:00   #50
Gavin
Asset

Best kettlebells on the market... with a discount

Not trying to advertise or anything, I don't work for these guys, but if you go to www.AlpineTactical.com They give 10% off kettlebell orders.

The kettlebells are literally the best on the market. Made of steel instead of iron and they're all the same size (meaning you don't have to adjust form when you change the weight of the kettlebell). The bells they're discounting can been viewed at www.performbetter.com under "competition kettlebells".

*Another note on kettlebell training is that the "Hard Style" taught by dragon door is pretty much a beginner "style"(I use the term "style" very loosely as there is no style in kettlebell training, its either the right way or the wrong way).

The techniques taught in kettlebell sport are more applicable to military fitness. By this statement, I mean that in kettlebell sport they teach strength-endurance as a staple. Staying as relaxed and calm as possible to put forth maximum strength output for long periods of time.
An example of why dragon door and the "high tension" taught is not the best way to train for military application is this: When you ruck, would you squeeze your glutes and tighten your leg muscles while walking? Of course not, you would wear yourself out in no time flat. However; if you stay relaxed you can endure much longer... THIS is the principle of kettlebell sport type of training idealology, and its very effective for endurance and gaining massive amounts of strength.

I was stuck at 5-7 reps with a 24kg kettlebell for the longest time (about a year), until I started applying kettlebell sport techniques. Just from doing kettlebell jerks for 1 minute sets, my presses increased to 15 in just 3 weeks!
Cool thing is that jerks actually help with pushup numbers for the PT test as well.

So basically my rant is about training to be task oriented.
Gavin is offline   Reply With Quote