Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > The Bear Pit > PT/ H2H

Old 05-12-2004, 20:17   #1
Bill Harsey
Bladesmith to the Quiet Professionals

Monkey Stomping

NDD, can you please give both the description and instructions on a proper Monkey Stomping? Advice on conditions under which this technique may be used would also be helpful.
Bill Harsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 20:23   #2
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Re: Monkey Stomping

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Harsey
NDD, can you please give both the description and instructions on a proper Monkey Stomping? Advice on conditions under which this technique may be used would also be helpful.
Sorry to jump in on someone else's request for instruction, but I would suspect that you would start with something that looks like this....

TR
Attached Images
File Type: jpg air.177d.jpg (14.1 KB, 468 views)
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 20:26   #3
Bill Harsey

I knew someone could help if NDD was busy!
Old 05-12-2004, 20:32   #4
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

For you, anything Maestro:

Main Entry: 1Monkey Stomping
Pronunciation: 'm&[ng]-kE, 'stomp ng
Function: verb
Etymology: by alteration. Probably of low Special Forces origin (7th Group).

1 : To cloud up and rain all over an opponent
2 a : To beat the living crap out of someone b : to literally beat a man down so bad you end up jumping up and down on them and throwing them against walls or bars.
3. a : To go medieval on that ass. b : To cause the object of the stomping to seek medical attention at Doc T's ER. c : to cause the opponent to call the police just to get you off him

See also: GWOT, Che, ass whuppin', beat down, owned,Gutter Fightin', CQB, Monkey Ward Crowbar, Holy Mary Mother of God Get This Insane Bastard Off Me!
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 20:34   #5
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

For instructions, please refer to Colonel Rex Applegate's Kill or Get Kilt - Everyman's Guide to Monkey Stomping for Dummies
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 05-12-2004, 20:38   #6
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

In the immortal words of Inspector Clousseau:

"Does your minkey bite?"

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 20:39   #7
Bill Harsey

Perfect! Pay attention kids, you will see this material again.
Old 05-12-2004, 20:43   #8
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Re: Re: Monkey Stomping

Quote:
Originally posted by The Reaper
Sorry to jump in on someone else's request for instruction, but I would suspect that you would start with something that looks like this....

TR
Ouch! That's going to leave a mark on the old psyche. LOL
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 05-12-2004, 20:44   #9
Bill Harsey

Looking for chapter on Monkey Stomping in Col. Applegates book, "Kill or get Kilt" . Hmm, wait, that's why I can't find it, IT'S THE WHOLE DAMN BOOK!
Old 05-12-2004, 20:52   #10
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Harsey
Looking for chapter on Monkey Stomping in Col. Applegates book, "Kill or get Kilt" . Hmm, wait, that's why I can't find it, IT'S THE WHOLE DAMN BOOK!
That is correct sir. I did not reference the Colonel's fine work, Combat Use of the Fighting Knife since your artistry is prominent on practically every page. I call that short work the Monkey Stomping Cliff's Notes .
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 05-12-2004, 21:06   #11
Sacamuelas
JAWBREAKER

Quote:
Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc
For you, anything Maestro:

Main Entry: 1Monkey Stomping
Pronunciation: 'm&[ng]-kE, 'stomp ng
Function: verb
Etymology: by alteration. Probably of low Special Forces origin (7th Group).

1 : To cloud up and rain all over an opponent
2 a : To beat the living crap out of someone b : to literally beat a man down so bad you end up jumping up and down on them and throwing them against walls or bars.
3. a : To go medieval on that ass. b : To cause the object of the stomping to seek medical attention at Doc T's ER. c : to cause the opponent to call the police just to get you off him

See also: GWOT, Che, ass whuppin', beat down, owned,Gutter Fightin', CQB, Monkey Ward Crowbar, Holy Mary Mother of God Get This Insane Bastard Off Me!
see also: openin' a can of whoop ass, snot knockin', and skull draggin'

Thank you gentlemen. This thread made my night just reading it. CLassic!!
Sacamuelas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 21:34   #12
Air.177
Quiet Professional

Re: Re: Monkey Stomping

Quote:
Originally posted by The Reaper

TR
At that age (<4yoa) It's a decent start. I can't begin to tell you how much the familiarity with weaponry helped me in public school

Get AM to tell you the whole story behind those pics sometime.
Air.177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 14:12   #13
Brother Rat
Auxiliary

I believe the army has a manual regarding this subject:

http://www.ncoer.com/wall.htm

Brother Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 14:40   #14
Bill Harsey

Quote:
Originally posted by Brother Rat
I believe the army has a manual regarding this subject:

http://www.ncoer.com/wall.htm

Okay, just read the whole manual, after your done doing all this THEN the Monkey Stomping starts.
Old 05-25-2004, 12:20   #15
Scotty
Asset

In the immortal words of Inspector Clousseau:

"Does your minkey bite?"

*CHOMP*

"I thought you said your monkey didn't bite!?"

"That... is NOT my minkey!"

Scotty
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote