Old 08-22-2006, 11:07   #16
JLF
Asset

Has anybody heard (good or bad) about Crye's new Armor System? I know they are currently bidding for a DoD contract but I was wondering if there were any reports from the field on the prototypes. I've looked on their website but found info to be scarce.

V/r,

JLF
JLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 06:54   #17
hoot72
Guerrilla

There is a guy who reviews alot of new military gear that comes out and has some good reviews worth reading.

He actually got the crye uniforms, boonie hats, etc from the company for testing and maybe you guys can check it out on his website.

http://www.militarymorons.com/

As an outsider, I sometimes wonder who makes the important decisions on uniform designs such as the ACU...fair enough it looks nice, but if it isnt practical or it wasnt suitable for desert use, why on earth didnt they realize this during the testing phase, which I assume they had?
hoot72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 16:12   #18
Razor
Quiet Professional

Hoot, thanks for the heads up, but you may notice if you look around that Military Moron is not only a well-known entity here, he's a PS.com member.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 04:51   #19
hoot72
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor
Hoot, thanks for the heads up, but you may notice if you look around that Military Moron is not only a well-known entity here, he's a PS.com member.

Sorry bout that....didnt know....
hoot72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 23:58   #20
militarymoron
Guerrilla

well i wouldn't go so far to say that i actually test them. i stand in front of my garage door and get my wife to take pics of me so you guys who have good clear pics to judge for yourselves if they'll work for you. and of course, i'll try to add whatever info i can and throw in my own .02.
but thanks for the mention - i always appreciate it.
militarymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 16:36   #21
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

This Company is unbelievable!!!!

FYI to ALL:

My wife ordered me a ICE Tactical belt back in Nov (17 Nov 06) as a Christmas persent. Well to DATE I or we have yet to get it. We started out by emailing them to see what the back log was. See they state on their web site that there is currently a 6 week back ordered. My wife was fine with this, But back in Jan she started to email to find out what the status was. She got nothing. Then it turned to "Hey if you can't get the order here by Feb 14 then please let me know." After which she just wanted her money back to get me a belt from SOFTECH or TT or somewhere else. Ice Tactical never emailed here back, I started to email them, she started to call them. I have called them twice over this and nothing to date.

So if you are planning on getting something from them (ICETACIAL.COM) think about the back log and Costumer service. I'll let you know when I get my belt or money back. off to call them again. BTW - there number is to a answering machine.. shows how much they care about their costumers.

If you like Cyre pattern camo , like I do, go with HSGI, TT BD Tactical or someone that makes there own stuff!! HSGI & TT is where I go to now for Crye pattern gear.

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”

Last edited by MtnGoat; 03-20-2007 at 16:39.
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 18:13   #22
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat
FYI to ALL:

My wife ordered me a ICE Tactical belt back in Nov (17 Nov 06) as a Christmas persent. Well to DATE I or we have yet to get it. We started out by emailing them to see what the back log was. See they state on their web site that there is currently a 6 week back ordered. My wife was fine with this, But back in Jan she started to email to find out what the status was. She got nothing. Then it turned to "Hey if you can't get the order here by Feb 14 then please let me know." After which she just wanted her money back to get me a belt from SOFTECH or TT or somewhere else. Ice Tactical never emailed here back, I started to email them, she started to call them. I have called them twice over this and nothing to date.

So if you are planning on getting something from them (ICETACIAL.COM) think about the back log and Costumer service. I'll let you know when I get my belt or money back. off to call them again. BTW - there number is to a answering machine.. shows how much they care about their costumers.

If you like Cyre pattern camo , like I do, go with HSGI, TT BD Tactical or someone that makes there own stuff!! HSGI & TT is where I go to now for Crye pattern gear.
I have one from Diamondback Tactical. You might have to wait a bit for it, but they won't screw you.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 22:09   #23
Smokin Joe
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat
FYI to ALL:

That is about the 25th report I have read or heard about where ICE Tac has screwed someone over. Looks like I will treat them like BOTACH.
"This is the law: The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." - John Steinbeck, "The Law"
Smokin Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 12:17   #24
82ndAA
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Para
Elements are rebelling against the ACU's given our work enviornment. The pattern does not work and leaves one standing out like a light bulb unless you are in a gravel pit. Some units have already signed off on the switch. Time will tell on this one.
Or, if you want to hide on a couch.
http://www.soldiersperspective.us/im...er2006/ACU.jpg

Can you guys wear Crye for your missions if you want to? Or are you forced to wear Army authorized cammo? Just curious.
82ndAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 16:17   #25
kgoerz
Quiet Professional

FYI, Crye will sell Multi cam by the yard to civilians. I know a while back you couldn't get the stuff. About $12 a square Yard.
Would love to get my hands on the Marine pattern in Cordura. I don't know how or why, but it's restricted.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:27   #26
eggroll
Guerrilla

actually it would be 36" by 58-60" for that MC swatch
Old 07-02-2007, 22:29   #27
Basschild
Asset

I personally really wish the the MC pattern had been chosen instead of ACU. A bunch of my friends that I was in the service with tried to get ahold of full field uniform and it ended up taking them about six months and even then only on person was able to get sizes that fit. They called Crye and they said it was mainly do to public demand and contracts with the military, what military I am not really sure.

One way you can get a uniform is from http://www.afmo.com/. They just buy the material from Crye and make it to the armies uniform standards for the ACUs. They said it was pretty quick shipping except for one marines that gained a ton of weight after he got out so he needed a pretty large size. But even then they just called then and got the exact date that they would be shipped out. All quality stuff I actually like them

But I saw them running around in the woods and it is really hard to make them out but on the down side even a little bit of any other colors or patterns makes you really easy to spot. One of the guys was wearing a tan ball cap and I could spot him pretty easily. But on the up side if all your gear is MC you are really hard to spot. I could just be out of practice but about four guys in a wedge ended up moving right next to him and had no idea he was even there.

So yeah thats my two cents.
Basschild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 00:17   #28
militarymoron
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basschild
They called Crye and they said it was mainly do to public demand and contracts with the military, what military I am not really sure.
the U.S. military. the stuff that you see for sale on crye's website is the tip of the iceberg. i don't know why people assume that all they see in the public domain is all that's going on. it's like assuming that everything about what the CIA does is on their website.
making stuff to sell to the public is only a small percentage of what they design and manufacture. most of it is for the U.S. govt - different branches of the military as well as govt agencies. and a lot of it ISN'T in multicam, nor is it labeled 'crye'. trust me on this one - i've been to their facility.
crye just doesn't make a habit of advertising who they make stuff for.
militarymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 07:45   #29
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by militarymoron
crye just doesn't make a habit of advertising who they make stuff for.
That is a good way to keep those contracts, as well as not jumping on the "Used by SOF, SF, SEALs, Delta, and the CIA" bandwagon that some unscrupulous vendors push.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 12:07   #30
eggroll
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basschild

One way you can get a uniform is from http://www.afmo.com/. They just buy the material from Crye and make it to the armies uniform standards for the ACUs.

So yeah thats my two cents.

AFMO sells the TRU Spec brand, it is not made in house.