Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > National Guard SF Groups > 19th Group

Old 12-06-2006, 23:24   #1
AlwaysReady
Asset

Non-qualified soldier uniform regulation...

I have a couple of questions that I cant seem to get a solid answer on concerning what SF emblems I am authorized to wear on my "Class A" uniform.

First, I would like to know if I am authorized to wear the SF crest with the black beret?

The other question I have is on the collar of the jacket am I to wear the crossed arrows emblem?

I ask here because I am assigned to the 19th, but since I'm not MOSQ'ed I'm actually in a RSP program for drills until I complete assessment, and no one there can tell me either way, I haven't been able to find the answer on the Internet or this forum, and I have 2 formal dress events within a week....... I hate asking such FNG questions, but I don't want to show to the events and look like a soup sandwich knowing there will be former and current QPs attending at least one of them. I thank you in advance for any help you can present and taking your time to read through my inquiries.
AlwaysReady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 01:19   #2
18C4V
Quiet Professional

You need to talk to your NCOIC of the REC. It's hard for me to believe that the 5/19th REC NCOIC would be lacking in squaring you away with AR 670-1.

1) You wear the Maroon Beret with the 19th Flash with the SF Crest.

2) You wear your MOS branch insiginia. If you have not been awarded an MOS but have completed basic you wear the "US" on both sides.

3) If this is an formal event after hours and you're not assigned specific duties (ie color guard), you don't wear head gear. You will wear black bow tie and white shirt with low quarters along with the rest of your Class A's.
18C4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 04:27   #3
Kyobanim

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysReady
I have a couple of questions that I cant seem to get a solid answer on concerning what SF emblems I am authorized to wear on my "Class A" uniform.

First, I would like to know if I am authorized to wear the SF crest with the black beret?

The other question I have is on the collar of the jacket am I to wear the crossed arrows emblem?

I ask here because I am assigned to the 19th, but since I'm not MOSQ'ed I'm actually in a RSP program for drills until I complete assessment, and no one there can tell me either way, I haven't been able to find the answer on the Internet or this forum, and I have 2 formal dress events within a week....... I hate asking such FNG questions, but I don't want to show to the events and look like a soup sandwich knowing there will be former and current QPs attending at least one of them. I thank you in advance for any help you can present and taking your time to read through my inquiries.

Now, go fill out your profile and read the stickies and introduce yourself properly in the Introductions thread.

You're lucky 18C4V has the holiday spirit.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing."
Optimus Prime
Kyobanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 23:54   #4
AlwaysReady
Asset

Thank you gentlemen, the question about the collar emblem had perplexed me for a long time, but now I must ask, so I should wear the maroon beret even though I'm not Airborne qualified? I appologize 18C4V, but I actually have had no contact with my unit since I enlisted, I'm drilling with a recruit sustainment program until I become MOS qualified, I will look into AR 670-1.

Kyobanim, I have my profile filled out and up to date, my introduction is on page 110 of the into. thread, and I have read through all stickies that I have come across. I do appreciate the criticism though, it keeps me squared away.

Again, thank you Gentlemen,

AlwaysReady
AlwaysReady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 07:46   #5
Mav
Guerrilla

The Maroon beret does not mean you're Airborne qualified, it means you're in an Airborne unit. The wings identify you as being Airborne qualified.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPL Mick Bekowsky, USMC, 6 Sep 2004, Fallujah --- Never Forgotten
Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 17:23   #6
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav
The Maroon beret does not mean you're Airborne qualified, it means you're in an Airborne unit. The wings identify you as being Airborne qualified.
More's the pity.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 19:21   #7
Mav
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by NousDefionsDoc
More's the pity.
Much agreed. However, to their credit, most of the legs in my unit agreed, as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPL Mick Bekowsky, USMC, 6 Sep 2004, Fallujah --- Never Forgotten
Mav is offline   Reply With Quote