Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > The Bear Pit > Mindset

Old 12-19-2011, 20:58   #1
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

Creed of the Quiet Professionals..........

Creed of the Quiet Professionals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_ACBBqsnQ0

Big Teddy
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII
greenberetTFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 01:58   #2
frostfire
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenberetTFS View Post

Big Teddy
Thanks for the repost, Big Teddy. Bittersweet memories of days gone by.

I remember making the vids from the days of having SF as an idol and all I could care about. They made me forget about pain or physical limitations. Then I came to Bragg and met SF MSG and other personnel who saw them. Instead of joining the ranks, I ended up working with QP's only when they are physically broken: Training, deployment, accident, and post retirement injuries. Instead of the 7 P's, it's the 5 P's (puke, puss, poo, pee, pain). The less glamorous aspect of one of the most dangerous life path anyone could choose. It's been humbling and sobering to go from seeing them as superhumans to just another human being in pain. Their sacrifices are immense, and the toll on their family is no less significant. It's been an honor, and a privilege to care for you. Thank you for all that you do.

One day I shall stop admiring, and start becoming. I will go back to Bragg.

Bittersweet indeed.

"So we can suffer, and in suffering we know who we are" David Goggins

"Aide-toi, Dieu t'aidera " Jehanne, la Pucelle

Der, der Geld verliert, verliert einiges;
Der, der einen Freund verliert, verliert viel mehr;
Der, der das Vertrauen verliert, verliert alles.

INDNJC
frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 05:38   #3
Red Flag 1
Area Commander

Quote:

Big Teddy
Good one Big Teddy. Thanks for posting it.

RF 1
j
Red Flag 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 10:18   #4
frostfire
Area Commander

Quote:

http://www.*******.com/watch?v=I_ACBBqsnQ0

Big Teddy
These unprecedented times got me into some thinking and reflecting.

I am about to reach 3 years OCONUS with brief breaks in the past, and no way of leaving the country in the near future. As morale is getting lower among those are stuck, I wonder why mine is getting higher....(one staff even told me I should visit the shrink when I explained my boss had to force me to take RnR in the past)

Well, I find more meaning in what I do exactly during times such as these. Then I remember what laid the foundation for such belief

At 1:33:
"I will be called upon to perform tasks in isolation, far from familiar faces and voices"

Also, there's a saying here that after long OCONUS time, you either turn into a chunk, a drunk, a skunk, a hunk, a monk, or a combination of those. Well, I represent the last two and are helping the staff to pursue fitness and well being. Slipping into mediocrity is all too easy with the current rules, but I find myself still doing long cardio and lifts while huffing and puffing through mandatory mask. I am also eating even better than back in the US.

Again...At 1:53
"I will keep my mind and body clean, alert, and strong"

Thank you to all the ancient members for all your mentoring. It's been over a decade worth of one hell of a ride. No harm, no foul. Didn't get the long tab (got longest tab instead ), but the positive, ongoing, life impacts over values that I internalized are undeniable.

Hats off and Gott sei mit euch to all of you who are pursuing the QP path. As my journey can attest, tab or no tab, that pursuit will serve you well.

"So we can suffer, and in suffering we know who we are" David Goggins

"Aide-toi, Dieu t'aidera " Jehanne, la Pucelle

Der, der Geld verliert, verliert einiges;
Der, der einen Freund verliert, verliert viel mehr;
Der, der das Vertrauen verliert, verliert alles.

INDNJC
frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote