Old 10-21-2012, 17:54   #1
shark1
Asset

Fort Polk Rotation 13-01

Thanks goes out to all of you guys that participated in this rotation especially to you guys that I worked with in the village of Dara Lam you guys single handedly stopped the advancement of OpFors tracked vehicles, job well done, also thanks for the burgers, sorry I couldn't be there to see you leave, if it wasn't for RT and the rest of you this would've been a very boring rotation, I look forward to working with you guys again, Director of Communications or better known as the keeper of the book, some of you should remember me.
shark1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 13:11   #2
the squid
BANNED USER

Not to take anything away from the Quiet Professionals that were at the rotation . . .

but I recall the tanks and bradleys from the Company Team of Able Co, 2-69 AR having something to do with killing those opfor too.

the squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:12   #3
Basenshukai
Quiet Professional

I have spoken to my brothers about that rotation (luckily, I was deployed when it went down). Great stories if you want to laugh out loud.

In any case, there are a lot of enablers out there whom without which, a lot of the activities would not occur. Thanks for all you do, fellas.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:47   #4
shark1
Asset

Your most certainly right squid, there was quite a few OpFor tracked vehicles detroyed out there and whoever got them did an excellent job as well, I was refering to the two or three that made it almost to the building deep into town where SF were staying at, I was covertly working with these guys for RT and the Fullerton Brotherhood, my bad for showing partiality, I had a blast even though I sat in my office most of the time, if it wasn't for these guys I would've been bored to death, I would've also enjoyed working with Able Co. if I had the chance. All units that participated did an excellent job for a whole new type of rotation that had never been tried before
Old 11-17-2012, 08:53   #5
shark1
Asset

Basenshukal, did anyone mention the guy they sent to the unit who had no pants and the units SGM freaked out and called the Ops Group Commander or threatened too if he didn't tell him what was up, he gave the guy a pair of pants and once he found out what was going on he took them back from the guy, lol
Old 11-17-2012, 12:34   #6
Basenshukai
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark1 View Post
Basenshukal, did anyone mention the guy they sent to the unit who had no pants and the units SGM freaked out and called the Ops Group Commander or threatened too if he didn't tell him what was up, he gave the guy a pair of pants and once he found out what was going on he took them back from the guy, lol

Yeah, I heard about it from those directly involved. Over the years, especially after being in combat, I have learned to no jump to conclusions and make an ass of myself when something odd comes my way. Unstructured and ambiguous environments should be SF's home turf. But, some folks just tend to blow up at anything.
Old 11-17-2012, 17:50   #7
the squid
BANNED USER

I also recall wondering to myself why we were the only unit who had to wear our armor . . (minus plates).

And then I looked at my left shoulder.

Our OC/T reccomended that we send a couple of guys into that building, as there was VERY LITTLE to do during the days leading up to the actual defense, to see if any of the 18 series guys wanted to train some of us legs on some cool stuff. We never went in, but I suspect would have been viewed as a nuisance.
the squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 20:20   #8
shark1
Asset

That must have been when they were training with the Sim rounds, we were held up at east gate for a couple of hours because they didn't want us in there during those times, one of the funniest incidents i had was that we were tasked with running traffic to Shuggart/Gordon (Sangari) the village where the final battle was and I three older females in the van and we run upon a Stryker unit from the 25th inf. They wanted us to turn around, I refused and told them we had no other place to go but Dara Lam we sat there for thirty minutes constantly antagonizeing these guys, the Oc/t was laughing the whole time and asked me how long we were going to do this, I told him all day if he wanted, then the unit sent 2 sgts over to tell us to leave and the old ladies with us started in on them with hey were just a bunch of old ladies and we need to get home so we can pee that oc/t lost it right there and they finally let us through
Old 11-17-2012, 20:28   #9
shark1
Asset

Oh and how about the jump in, I wonder what happened to that jump master that jumped them in too early, there were 10 plus in the trees on the south end with winds blowing to the North when we were headed out they were trying to get one wounded out of the trees who had a broke leg and ribs, another was on the ground non responsive
Old 11-17-2012, 20:50   #10
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

shark, five of six posts on this one thread, you should probably take a break.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 22:46   #11
shark1
Asset

Roger, done