Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 06-26-2018, 11:59   #16
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedOncoDoc View Post
If you are looking to support a Veteran owned/operated company, Southern Draw makes some good cigars if you can find them - a list of retailers that carry them can be found on their website.
Thanks for that; they have some online folks that will take care of you as well. Am going to pickup several of their Rose of Sharon Lanceros to hand out for the upcoming annual FOG gathering. Gets good reviews as one for someone not regularly into them, or who might be getting back into cigars, with very good flavor but nothing in your face & about a $9-10 price point.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 13:01   #17
PedOncoDoc
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
Thanks for that; they have some online folks that will take care of you as well. Am going to pickup several of their Rose of Sharon Lanceros to hand out for the upcoming annual FOG gathering. Gets good reviews as one for someone not regularly into them, or who might be getting back into cigars, with very good flavor but nothing in your face & about a $9-10 price point.
They were a bit light for my taste and I was disappointed after seeing some positive reviews, too. I liked the Firethorns and Kudzus, and would be open to trying the others.
‎"The dignity of man is not shattered in a single blow, but slowly softened, bent, and eventually neutered. Men are seldom forced to act, but are constantly restrained from acting. Such power does not destroy outright, but prevents genuine existence. It does not tyrannize immediately, but it dampens, weakens, and ultimately suffocates, until the entire population is reduced to nothing better than a flock of timid, uninspired animals, of which the government is shepherd." - Alexis de Tocqueville
PedOncoDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 14:54   #18
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedOncoDoc View Post
They were a bit light for my taste and I was disappointed after seeing some positive reviews, too. I liked the Firethorns and Kudzus, and would be open to trying the others.
Thanks for that as well. No one around this fire circle are cigar people - but it has a long-but-good day ceremonial bent to it almost. Maybe I'll get a few in a sampler of some kind & we'll pass 'em around since I don't know enough to know what I don't know.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 18:11   #19
cbtengr
Area Commander

So no one here is into Roi Tan, White Owl and Swisher Sweets?
Old 06-26-2018, 18:19   #20
tonyz
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbtengr View Post
So no one here is into Roi Tan, White Owl and Swisher Sweets?
I’ve had to burn a Backwoods, White Owl and Swisher on the road. But, that was many, many moons ago. I would not recommend them except when that is only what’s available. Otherwise, Padron all day...any day.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote