Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > 5th Special Forces Group

Old 11-14-2010, 05:41   #16
The Old Guy
Quiet Professional

What a great story and reunion, under much better circumstances. Congratulations to two great Warriors.
The way in which a man accepts his fate and all the suffering it entails, the way in which he takes up his cross, gives him ample opportunity - even under the most difficult circumstances - to add a deeper meaning to his life.

Victor E. Frankl
The Old Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 09:14   #17
Gypsy
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjcook View Post
There have been many comments about the reunion and rightfully so...I did not go to my first SOAR until 2007 even though I have been a SOA member for more than 30 years. After attending that first one, I vowed to never miss another as long as I am able to go.
My wish is that you have many more opportunities to attend, Sir!
Old 11-14-2010, 17:24   #18
alright4u
Quiet Professional

Re: SOA.

Quote:
There have been many comments about the reunion and rightfully so...I did not go to my first SOAR until 2007 even though I have been a SOA member for more than 30 years. After attending that first one, I vowed to never miss another as long as I am able to go. Previous to that reunion I had never experienced such a sense of brotherhood at any convention anywhere that came anywhere close to the brothers of the SOA. It was and is truly amazing to see the things that occur there in the way of fellowship and love of one another. Also, it is where many of the legends of the SF/Special Operations community are in September of each year. Who could not be in awe to be in the presence of such men?

If you are not a member of the SOA but you qualify for membership, I strongly urge you to join and attend. Also, if you have been a member and have allowed your membership to lapse, please rejoin and meet with us in Vegas.

Thank you all for allowing me to share all of this with you.
I only came over for the GM meeting. Now that our SOA house is cleaned, many more should show up. I hope. We are getting older, and; we need men on this QP board to join the SOA. These men can teach us a thing or two. I had one show me I knew zip about shooting. I gladly carried his ammo, did what I could etc. I learned from that man. I valued SF for learning. These present day SF types know things I never did. We should welcome them.
alright4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 20:09   #19
rdret1
Quiet Professional

Col. Cook, congratulations on the successful completion of your quest. May you have many years of shared fellowship.

~ Paul Brunton (1898-1981)

R.D. Winters
rdret1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 14:21   #20
Teddy13BU6
Asset

Awesome

That is what a brotherhood is made of. I got goose bumps from just listening to the story. Welcome home!
Old 01-29-2011, 15:08   #21
uplink5
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Thank you all for allowing me to share all of this with you.
Thank you sir, you're a true inspiration to all....jd

Thomas Jefferson

"The scene changes but the aspirations of men of good will persist."

Vannevar Bush
uplink5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 16:46   #22
olhamada
Guerrilla

Incredible story, COL Cook. Thanks for posting. Very inspirational, sir.
"And dying in your beds many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take our freedom?"- Braveheart

de Oppresso Liber
olhamada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 18:24   #23
wet dog

Thank you Henry for the legacy, thank you for your service to this great nation.

"It's really cool having big brothers".