Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 12-11-2016, 18:31   #16
CloseDanger
Guerrilla

Vlad Tepes posted Milo's presentation at Michigan State University, among other things I see spread about this site from time to time.

Milo is quite compelling and has a brilliant way of using deductive logic and humour on a crowd, and they get it.
CloseDanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 23:07   #17
frostfire
Area Commander

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/justinh...rkley-n2280111

The left doing what the left does best.
I hope this keeps up. The middle ground would get tired of this stunt and know which side is the true patriot.

"So we can suffer, and in suffering we know who we are" David Goggins

"Aide-toi, Dieu t'aidera " Jehanne, la Pucelle

Der, der Geld verliert, verliert einiges;
Der, der einen Freund verliert, verliert viel mehr;
Der, der das Vertrauen verliert, verliert alles.

INDNJC
frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 23:22   #18
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostfire View Post
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/justinh...rkley-n2280111

The left doing what the left does best.
I hope this keeps up. The middle ground would get tired of this stunt and know which side is the true patriot.
Milo could have taught GEN Sherman a few things: "Hey, just ride into town and have the enemy set their own stuff on fire."

Pat

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 23:43   #19
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

Trump needs to send a tweet calling them "homegrown terrorists".
The media's reaction would be priceless.
"Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap." -Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NIV)
GratefulCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 00:49   #20
head
Quiet Professional

I was there. Huge crowd of peaceful protesters (over 1000). Up to 40 black bloc assholes. They set a flood light on fire with a flare - hardly burnt down the campus.

Ho hum. Don't give the teenagers without good parenting too much credit. They probably couldn't get in to Cal.
Old 02-02-2017, 08:11   #21
Hand
Guerrilla Chief

This is the first I've heard of black bloc. They sound like domestic terrorist to me.

"Fuck that - man up - kick over the podium, piss on the teleprompter, wave your dick at the TV cameras and drop the mic' as you walk off the stage. " - the QP formerly known as BillyLBach
Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 08:32   #22
TJ11B
Auxiliary

Oh man, I wish I could volunteer to shoot rubber bullets at these rioting, commie bastards.
Old 02-02-2017, 19:59   #23
rubberneck
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by head View Post
I was there. Huge crowd of peaceful protesters (over 1000). Up to 40 black bloc assholes. They set a flood light on fire with a flare - hardly burnt down the campus.

Ho hum. Don't give the teenagers without good parenting too much credit. They probably couldn't get in to Cal.
Sorry but I'm not giving them the benefit of the doubt. When a very, very small number of idiots said racist things at tea party gatherings the media and the left painted everyone with the same brush. Maybe when it's done to them they'll think twice about how it feels to be on the wrong end of a smear.
rubberneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 20:33   #24
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberneck View Post
When a very, very small number of idiots said racist things at tea party gatherings the media and the left painted everyone with the same brush.
What exactly? I heard accusations, but never saw or heard evidence.

Pat

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
Old 02-02-2017, 20:45   #25
rubberneck
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM View Post

Pat
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm not sure if they were even uttered but some in the media insist that it happened. If it did happen, and that's a big if, it happened in numbers so small that no one could rightly say the entire tea party was racist, and yet if you ask any liberal they'll tell you it's common knowledge that everyone at tea party rallies were yelling racist nonsense.
rubberneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 06:44   #26
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
"black bloc"

New term to me, not the technique..

I have seen the trend at conus riots in the last couple years.
The technique (by definition) originated in Germany, in the 70t's..

Quote:
A black bloc is a tactical strategy used by anarchists, in which individuals wear black clothing, scarves, sunglasses, ski masks, motorcycle helmets with padding, or other face-concealing and face-protecting items. The clothing is used to conceal marchers' identities and hinder criminal prosecution, by making it difficult to distinguish between participants. It is also used to protect their faces and eyes from items such as pepper-spray which law enforcement often uses.

The tactic allows the group to appear as one large unified mass. Black bloc participants are often associated with anarchism.

The tactic was developed in the 1980s in the European autonomist movement's protests against squatter evictions, nuclear power and restrictions on abortion, as well as other influences.

Black blocs gained broader media attention outside Europe during the 1999 Seattle WTO protests, when a black bloc damaged property of GAP, Starbucks, Old Navy, and other multinational retail locations in downtown Seattle.

History

This tactic was developed following increased use of police force following the 1977 Brokdorf demonstration[5][6][7] by the German police in 1980, particularly aimed at anti-nuclear activists and squatters. Key areas for this development were Hafenstraße, Hamburg, and Kreuzberg, Berlin. These were social spaces occupied by dissidents who preferred to create their own social institutions based on communal living and alternative community centres. In June 1980, the German Police forcefully evicted the Free Republic of Wendland, an anti-nuclear protest camp in Gorleben, Wendland. This attack on 5,000 peaceful protesters led many former pacifists to become willing to use violent methods. By December 1980 the Berlin City Government organised an escalating cycle of mass arrests, followed by other local authorities across West Germany. The squatters resisted by opening new squats, as the old ones were evicted. Following the mass arrest of squatters in Freiburg, demonstrations were held in their support in many German cities. The day was dubbed Black Friday following a demonstration in Berlin at which between 15,000 and 20,000 people took to the streets and destroyed an expensive shopping area. The tactic of wearing identical black clothes and masks meant that the autonomen were better able to resist the police and elude identification. The German media labeled them der schwarze Block ("the black block").

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_bloc

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 07:11   #27
Pete
Quiet Professional

Talk about selective memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM View Post

Pat

There was at least one person at all the TEA Party gatherings that had a Confederate Battle Flag. That was the picture shown on the news followed by the story "See, they're all racists."
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 11:30   #28
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post

There was at least one person at all the TEA Party gatherings that had a Confederate Battle Flag. That was the picture shown on the news followed by the story "See, they're all racists."
Hmm. I don't watch NBC or CNN so I must have missed it. Wait, I can't watch much of anything since we don't have TV.

Pat

Old 02-03-2017, 17:30   #29
tonyz
Area Commander

YouTube has many of his non-PC discussions that make for interesting viewing...

MILO Thrashes Heckling Muslim Women At New Mexico
Milo Yiannopoulos

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SHZBGidQcEs

MILO Addresses The UC Berkeley Riots
Milo Yiannopoulos

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-sX5JLwidE

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 18:19   #30
tonyz
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_BPK View Post
"black bloc"

New term to me, not the technique..

I have seen the trend at conus riots in the last couple years.
The technique (by definition) originated in Germany, in the 70t's..

"Black Bloc" shutting down free speech = modern version of Brown Shirts?

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote