Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 11-12-2016, 09:37   #1
tonyz
Area Commander

NYT will try to go legit

An admission of dishonesty and slipshod journalism.

Imagine how corrupt lesser rags might be?

Full story, letter and comments at link below.

Trump victory fleshed this type of shit out - seems the rag was wittingly "used" by Klinton, elites and many pollsters...and the people saw through it...not a recipe for credibility or readership...or advertising revenue.

New York Times publisher vows to 'rededicate' paper to reporting honestly
Published November 12, 2016
FoxNews.com

The publisher of The New York Times penned a letter to readers Friday promising that the paper would “reflect” on its coverage of this year’s election while rededicating itself to reporting on “America and the world” honestly.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...-honestly.html

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 09:48   #2
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Oh, I had a feeling early Wednesday morning that journalists will go back to being journalists soon. You know actually doing investigative journalism and looking for corruption at every level of government. It's only important to report your point of view when you agree with it. Otherwise just make sh!t up and report falsehoods and misinformation as fact.

Soon we'll be hearing that DT has unpaid parking tickets.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 09:57   #3
tonyz
Area Commander

"Common knowledge...the Russians hacked the NYTs and their editorial page the entire election cycle..."

/s/

Hillary Klinton

...or was the Brian Williams...

...or...was that Donna Brazile...

Josh Ernest?

...Baghdad Bob??

Marcus Tullius Cicero
Old 11-13-2016, 11:04   #4
Peregrino
Quiet Professional

The Word For Today

Schadenfreude. I intend to revel in it as long as I can - because its only a matter of time (probably not very much time either) before these unprincipled bastards return to business as usual.
A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.

~ Marcus Tullius Cicero (42B.C)
Peregrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 17:00   #5
sfshooter
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyz View Post
An admission of dishonesty and slipshod journalism.
Me thinks the letter is just a white wash to make people think they are really going to be doing the right thing.
These people are too ideologically corrupt to change!

"I ask you sir, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people........" George Mason
sfshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 17:18   #6
mark46th
Quiet Professional

When leftist journalists cease being leftist shills, I'll, I'll... yeah, sure...
mark46th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 17:21   #7
tonyz
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfshooter View Post
Me thinks the letter is just a white wash to make people think they are really going to be doing the right thing.
These people are too ideologically corrupt to change!
Yup. Now, they are going to do the right thing and tirelessly run to ground every single piece of news - no matter how insignificant...they have seen the light...

... just so happens that their target is now the president-elect.

What convenient timing...

Much of the MSM is a disgrace.

And we laughed at Pravda...

Marcus Tullius Cicero
Old 11-13-2016, 18:43   #8
sinjefe
Quiet Professional

I read that letter. It was not an admission of dishonesty and/or slipshod journalism. As a matter of fact, he credits them for covering the election for the last two years with "agility and creativity". He just says they got it wrong and need to reflect on why.

Fuck the NYT. I hope they go bankrupt.
Old 11-14-2016, 02:18   #9
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrino View Post
Schadenfreude. I intend to revel in it as long as I can - because its only a matter of time (probably not very much time either) before these unprincipled bastards return to business as usual.
Share.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 02:51   #10
bblhead672
Area Commander

Total BS, will never happen.

For years I've disregarded everything the NYT says and don't see any reason to change now.
“Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.”

--Thomas Jefferson
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 13:59   #11
Box
Quiet Professional

Let me translate - obviously some of you only scored a 0+/0+ when you took the DLPT for 'NewSpeak'

The publisher of The New York Times penned a letter to readers Friday promising that the paper would “reflect” on its coverage of this year’s election while rededicating itself to reporting on “America and the world” honestly.

Really means...
"Go fuck yourself red states, NY is a Blue State. Our blue readers are loyal enough to keep us in business."

Consider this: Sulzberger insisted that the paper covered both candidates fairly.

The fact is, they are all shills for whoever on the left is willing to sign a payroll check. The NYT was caught with their pants down because they think racist, homophobic, deplorable rednecks are all too stupid and uneducated to read such a lofty news periodical as theirs.
As an attempt to save face, they reminded the readers that the NYT "covered the election with agility and creativity."
....its a true statement - not an apology or a retraction of their bullshit reporting. They simply made a true statement crafted as your typical liberal non-apology. They were VERY creative in covering the election.
Then they added the similarly crafted non-apologetic, promise that since the opposition seems to have assumed the reigns of power, "we intend to 'hold power to account, impartially and unflinchingly"

Now.... here is where you numbskulls need to pay attention (this is why I scored a 1+/2 in NewSpeak)

"We believe we reported on both candidates fairly during the presidential campaign"
"You can rely on the NYT to bring that same level of fairness, the same level of scrutiny to our coverage of the new president and his team"

The NYT feels that they covered the elections fairly...
...as a result, you can expect more of the same if Trump moves into the White House in January. The same level of scrutiny that they give ALL political opponents. Meanwhile, the left will continue to get a free pass.

Fuck you very much NYT - I'd rather spend the next four year listening to Jon Stewart, at least I can pretend that he really is just a comedian.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 23:30   #12
miclo18d
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy L-bach View Post
Now.... here is where you numbskulls need to pay attention (this is why I scored a 1+/2 in NewSpeak)
Damn! You're almost getting language pay for that! Keep studying!
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." — Jeff Cooper
miclo18d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 02:23   #13
JimP
Quiet Professional

They'll be a Richard Simmons, "JR" before you'll ever see any truth out of the NYT. Crocodile tears. The paper is about to go under. The "Old Grey Lady" is a whore.
JimP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 03:15   #14
bblhead672
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
The "Old Grey Lady" is a whore.
That's insulting to prostitutes everywhere!!
“Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.”

--Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by bblhead672; 11-15-2016 at 05:44.
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 04:47   #15
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by miclo18d View Post
Damn! You're almost getting language pay for that! Keep studying!
I always blow a few of th questions on purpose so I can remain under the radar....

One you become fluent in Newspeak you become are a target of the ministry of truth.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote