Old 11-10-2016, 07:13   #16
frostfire
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinjefe View Post
, symbolic or otherwise,
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanCandle View Post
Who'll be AG and who will be the Special Prosecutor. I for one would be very interested to see all the sordid details of the Klinton Kabal spread out for all to see. Trey Gowdy?
A special committee to investigate Clint0n Foundation through and through. Now that she's out of the presidential bid, would the Bureau director finds a reasonable prosecutor to indict on various counts? I want her exposed for all the poisoning she had done to young girls' mind. This is wishful thinking, but perhaps learning and wisdom will take place as they see her deeds and speech and true nature outside media spotlight. We are now stronger to-get-her!

geez, I can see a Hollywood movie made in near future about the fall of the clint0n oligarchy

"So we can suffer, and in suffering we know who we are" David Goggins

"Aide-toi, Dieu t'aidera " Jehanne, la Pucelle

Der, der Geld verliert, verliert einiges;
Der, der einen Freund verliert, verliert viel mehr;
Der, der das Vertrauen verliert, verliert alles.

INDNJC
frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 07:21   #17
PedOncoDoc
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostfire View Post
A special committee to investigate Clint0n Foundation through and through. Now that she's out of the presidential bid, would the Bureau director finds a reasonable prosecutor to indict on various counts? I want her exposed for all the poisoning she had done to young girls' mind. This is wishful thinking, but perhaps learning and wisdom will take place as they see her deeds and speech and true nature outside media spotlight. We are now stronger to-get-her!

geez, I can see a Hollywood movie made in near future about the fall of the clint0n oligarchy
What are the odds on a presidential pardon in the next couple months?
‎"The dignity of man is not shattered in a single blow, but slowly softened, bent, and eventually neutered. Men are seldom forced to act, but are constantly restrained from acting. Such power does not destroy outright, but prevents genuine existence. It does not tyrannize immediately, but it dampens, weakens, and ultimately suffocates, until the entire population is reduced to nothing better than a flock of timid, uninspired animals, of which the government is shepherd." - Alexis de Tocqueville
PedOncoDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 07:26   #18
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedOncoDoc View Post
What are the odds on a presidential pardon in the next couple months?
My understanding is that pardons are for convictions. For him to use the 'amnesty' word might f-up Valerie Jarrett's vision of herself in the history books. Depends on what Valerie & Michelle say. Preoccupations with careless white folks of no value is not likely to be high on their agenda. Now the Prez Library in Hawaii maybe...

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 08:28   #19
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand View Post
This is a novel (to me) idea. If you don't mind indulging me, would you mind unwrapping this one a little?
  • Where to get/how to fund existing or new buildings
  • How to fund moving personnel/ acquiring new local personnel.
  • Projected increased or decreased utility/effectiveness of the dept in their new location

I think it's a great idea, I would like to delve a bit and see your thought process.
This is a high level overview and not a comprehensive plan. There are informational holes and certain points of data that I am lacking

Moving Federal Agencies out of the DC Metro.

The challenge here is to do this in as much of a budget neutral manner as possible. It also only make sense to move those entities that have an operational role. The bureaucratic paper pushers don’t apply and ideally you would want to do away those agencies that are not providing a public service or meeting a constitutional requirement of the federal government. An essential part of downsizing the government is to make it more like the military in the sense that it is about service and not about a stepping stone to a lucrative career in the private sector or huge dollars from consulting or speaking engagements.
Political appointees would have to think long and hard about accepting an appointment (one of 4,000 political appointees in federal service) if that means they are going to have to leave their McMansion in Loudon county or Old Town Alexandria.

Such a move also presents an opportunity to conduct an organizational restructuring and workforce analysis. Cutting the redundant and useless programs (and associated staffs). D.C. has also created a muffin-top organizational structure where there are excessive levels of seniority for menial jobs.

Also, technology now provides a level of connectivity today that did not exist when these agencies were established so the necessity of being in walking distance of the Hill or the WH is gone. Only thing needed in DC is Department of Treasury and the War Department

At the end of the day, a farmer should be able to go from his pasture to the agriculture building without getting off of his tractor. Appointees and employees should SEE their constituents and those they serve EVERY DAY on their way to work, at the PTA meeting and on the softball field.

Target Agencies
Agriculture
Interior
Homeland Security
Labor
EPA

Selection of locations can be achieved through a bidding process following an analysis of the missions and what geographical location most closely aligns.

The examples I provide are unscientifically derived, but it would look something like:
Agriculture – Iowa
Interior – Washington (Eastern)/Montana/Wyoming
Homeland Security – Arizona
Labor – Ohio
EPA – West Virginia/Arkansas

A factor for consideration would be local unemployment statistics(Bureau of labor statistics) and infrastructure opportunity projects (where local towns can benefit from infrastructure construction or upgrades)
Yuma AZ – 15%
Steubenville, OH – 9.2%
Richland, WA – 8.4%
Davenport, IA – 7.1%

Timeline for relocation would require a multi-year approach to align budgeting processes and authorizations as well as providing for proper notification to affected agencies and employees to consider options and make a decision.

Personnel:

Cost savings can be achieved through the relocation in a number of ways and can generally be accomplished within the current guidelines from the OPM.
97% of the federal workforce is located CONUS
15% of the federal workforce is located in the Washington DC Metro area.

Average paygrade of federal employees GS-10 (Base Salary $47,000)
Average paygrade of federal employees in D.C. GS-12 (Base Salary $62,000)
Savings $15,000 annually in base salary

Knowing that initially certain employees will simply relocate, the locality pay creates an initial savings in a status quo environment. i.e. GS-10 Step 5 employee: DC Locality $66,690 Moline Iowa Locality $61,158 Savings= $5,500 annually
OPM regulations allow for a 2-pay grade reduction if the organization is required to relocate or if the mission area is overstaffed or no longer viable. This initiative would also encourage those federal employees that are eligible for retirement to go ahead and drop paperwork. This has the potential to reduce overall staffing costs by increasing the number of entry level employees.

Realistically if you look at the cost of living comparison between the DC Metro and Iowa, an individual could theoretically accept a 38% reduction in salary and maintain the same standard of living (Bankrate.com) A person making $66,690 in DC translates to a $42,158 salary in Iowa. This being based upon cost of living decreases such as auto insurance (DC=$177/mo IA=$88/mo). The government also pays out a huge amount in transit benefits in the DC metro to encourage employees to take public transit. This can be up to $250 per month depending on Congressional approval. Since this is generally a pass-through to local governments it may waver but usually comes back.
OPM allows for relocation authorization for employees not to exceed 25% of their base salary times the number of years of service not to exceed 4. In our example that could be between $13,000 and $53,000…but the recovery of that cost can occur through the reduction in salary and benefit costs between 2.5 and 10 years.

Attrition through retirement or departure will account for a partial reduction in overall staffing levels. Recruitment events held in the targeted towns and cities would serve as a method of educating and recruiting local talent. Federal human capital and recruiting teams can partner with local high schools, Junior colleges, universities and trade schools to collaborate on priming the pump for those skill sets the agency would seek to hire.

Buildings and facilities

The Feds currently lease around 8 Million square feet of office space in the DC metro area. The cost per square foot for leased office space is between $45 and $52 per square. Average cost per square foot of leased office space in Iowa is $12 - $15.
Redirection of appropriated facilities funding – DHS, in their 2016 budget had appropriated $215,822,000 for Headquarters consolidation. I would argue that $215M goes a bit further out in the real world than it does in the DC Metro region.

Effectiveness

I’m am basing this on a supply-chain sort of methodology. How many stages and steps are there between the materials, production, transport and delivery? Cutting down on the number of steps and go-betweens as well as doing some real QA/QC on activities of the agency. Immediate feedback on applied policy or operational decisions improves efficiency of services delivered and seeks to avoid needless wasted resources because a decision is made by a policy wonk operating in a vacuum.
Congressional delegations operating in their home district would be able to engage with the Federal Agencies most likely to impact constituents and improve communications between the citizen, legislator and agency.

Again, this isn’t exhaustive, just what I’ve got sketched out currently.
Poke holes please.

James Madison

Last edited by Ret10Echo; 11-10-2016 at 09:16.
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 08:40   #20
PedOncoDoc
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
My understanding is that pardons are for convictions. For him to use the 'amnesty' word might f-up Valerie Jarrett's vision of herself in the history books. Depends on what Valerie & Michelle say. Preoccupations with careless white folks of no value is not likely to be high on their agenda. Now the Prez Library in Hawaii maybe...
I found an interesting article from 2008 that suggests otherwise.
‎"The dignity of man is not shattered in a single blow, but slowly softened, bent, and eventually neutered. Men are seldom forced to act, but are constantly restrained from acting. Such power does not destroy outright, but prevents genuine existence. It does not tyrannize immediately, but it dampens, weakens, and ultimately suffocates, until the entire population is reduced to nothing better than a flock of timid, uninspired animals, of which the government is shepherd." - Alexis de Tocqueville
PedOncoDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 09:03   #21
tonyz
Area Commander

I'm guessin' donations to the Klinton Crime Foundation won't be as large over the next 100 days.

...and much fewer $850K speeches...go figure.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 09:52   #22
Badger52
Area Commander

Interesting, thanks. (And, yes, I'd forgotten about Ford/Nixon for the moment.)

Regardless of wording it would be tantamount to a clear indictment of the individual's conduct which would prompt inquiry into his motive. Because if he pardons Hillary & Crew (but can't pardon himself) he ends up being the only one hanging in the breeze in terms of reputation (let alone wrongdoing).

I'm going back to thinking about first 100 rather than last 60; easier on the digestion.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Old 11-10-2016, 10:03   #23
Sdiver
Area Commander

Get someone in Scalia's empty seat ASAP.
Sdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 10:17   #24
mark46th
Quiet Professional

Millions of acres of desert and mountains, formerly under BLM responsibility have been changed to National Monument status by Bill Clinton and Obama, removing their use by hunters and recreational motor sport fans.

Remove these lands from National Monument status, so the public can use them, again.
mark46th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 10:18   #25
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret10Echo View Post
The bureaucratic paper pushers don’t apply and ideally you would want to do away those agencies that are not providing a public service or meeting a constitutional requirement of the federal government.
Nicely fleshed out sir; helluva first cut. I would bet that a candid evaluation first - of what an agency's actual role is vis a vis a valid requirement of a National government - would trim the list.

Also, not to put too fine a point on it, I would prefer that it certainly not be "revenue neutral." That term is used too often to be the smoke & mirrors for the populace when, really, it's one hand letting go of something while the other one grabs it up. (Same reason I don't like "balanced budget" efforts.) I would prefer that such a process be a revenue (to the Gov) decreaser. The net result must be a savings that results in less burden to the individual. Only with less will there be a motivation to spend less & prioritize what remains and do it with support of the people. Example:

"Ret10Echo, hi this is Donald. We've pretty much gutted this Agency-of-No-Value (ANV) and folded its remains into the Dept of Agriculture. Your annual tax burden could go down $112; but we're only going to reduce it by $62 because we're plowing the rest of that into our ravaged & neglected military for training fuel & ammo production budgets. If that's OK, let your Congressional reps know."

Maybe Trump the businessman can get between these two approaches and achieve some compromise in the name of doing the right thing or, at least, doing something. There's a whole town out there full of pet rice bowls. They're going to get disturbed and, in my view, not in such a way that everyone still gets fed. Some are going to be starved & have to forage elsewhere & that's alright with me.

Old 11-10-2016, 10:27   #26
LarryW
Area Commander

1. Convene a military tribunal and execute the swine worshipers in Gitmo.
2. Appoint SCOTUS candidate to Congress
3. Secure the borders including convening immigration courts to clear the ques
4. Direct the Atty Gen'l to investigate all "foundations" for money laundering & pay-for-play
5. Reduce corporate tax rates to encourage business and offer all former US companies that moved overseas in the past ten years a tax break if they return
6. Give Congress a deadline to fix the healthcare goat rodeo or face Executive Order to cancel the thing
7. Collect engineering surveys from all states on their requirements for repairing transportation infrastructure in their states
8. Put a large monument in front of the White House with the Ten Commandments
9. Go to church every Sunday
10. Play the banjo on the Truman porch
LarryW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 10:34   #27
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
Nicely fleshed out sir; helluva first cut. I would bet that a candid evaluation first - of what an agency's actual role is vis a vis a valid requirement of a National government - would trim the list.

Also, not to put too fine a point on it, I would prefer that it certainly not be "revenue neutral." That term is used too often to be the smoke & mirrors for the populace when, really, it's one hand letting go of something while the other one grabs it up. (Same reason I don't like "balanced budget" efforts.) I would prefer that such a process be a revenue (to the Gov) decreaser. The net result must be a savings that results in less burden to the individual. Only with less will there be a motivation to spend less & prioritize what remains and do it with support of the people. Example:

"Ret10Echo, hi this is Donald. We've pretty much gutted this Agency-of-No-Value (ANV) and folded its remains into the Dept of Agriculture. Your annual tax burden could go down $112; but we're only going to reduce it by $62 because we're plowing the rest of that into our ravaged & neglected military for training fuel & ammo production budgets. If that's OK, let your Congressional reps know."

Maybe Trump the businessman can get between these two approaches and achieve some compromise in the name of doing the right thing or, at least, doing something. There's a whole town out there full of pet rice bowls. They're going to get disturbed and, in my view, not in such a way that everyone still gets fed. Some are going to be starved & have to forage elsewhere & that's alright with me.

Thanks for the feedback. I think having things stay within current budget levels would be an initial goal. You'll have to project into the future to figure out the point where you are going to spend less (note I did not say "save" because most government function is on money that doesn't exist).

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 10:56   #28
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret10Echo View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I think having things stay within current budget levels would be an initial goal. You'll have to project into the future to figure out the point where you are going to spend less (note I did not say "save" because most government function is on money that doesn't exist).
Roger that. You're x-ring on that cost-of-living thing. My last Army assignment was in a vault-like substance in the A-ring, then took a 7/9/11 living in Davenport when I got out. Friend called from Woodbridge, VA where I'd just left from (back when it was tumbleweeds blowing through a strip mall) and offered me a 9. Declined after I got done LMAO 'cause in Davenport I was livin' large and it would be Ramen-3-Ways with the other one.

I'm just hoping that Trump can assemble a task-force that will look at this stuff and make a start. Youtube cry-babies are only the tip. The list of butt-hurt people hasn't really started yet.

One other thing I'd like to see done but doubt it can be achieved because it requires a collective will is to rid the DoD-functions of this constant & consuming effort to act like some McNamara-esque factory plant somewhere. That is, if you want to track how to get people to process retiree applications more efficiently, great, save money, go forth & do great things.

But the operational arm of the military should be treated as a COST-center, not a Work-center. What we do is impose national will by killing people & breaking shit. It's not supposed to be a profit-making enterprise, so get off our backs. You want us to go do something? Then pony up the will & the stuff.
(Note: I was sadly unable to harm any F-35's during the typing of that.)

Last edited by Badger52; 11-10-2016 at 15:11.
Old 11-10-2016, 11:10   #29
PSM
Area Commander

Here's DJT's plan:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald J. Trump

What follows is my 100-day action plan to Make America Great Again. It is a contract between myself and the American voter — and begins with restoring honesty, accountability and change to Washington

Therefore, on the first day of my term of office, my administration will immediately pursue the following six measures to clean up the corruption and special interest collusion in Washington, DC:

* FIRST, propose a Constitutional Amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress;

* SECOND, a hiring freeze on all federal employees to reduce federal workforce through attrition (exempting military, public safety, and public health);

* THIRD, a requirement that for every new federal regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated;

* FOURTH, a 5 year-ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service;

* FIFTH, a lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government;

* SIXTH, a complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections.

On the same day, I will begin taking the following 7 actions to protect American workers:

* FIRST, I will announce my intention to renegotiate NAFTA or withdraw from the deal under Article 2205

* SECOND, I will announce our withdrawal from the Trans-Pacific Partnership

* THIRD, I will direct my Secretary of the Treasury to label China a currency manipulator

* FOURTH, I will direct the Secretary of Commerce and U.S. Trade Representative to identify all foreign trading abuses that unfairly impact American workers and direct them to use every tool under American and international law to end those abuses immediately

* FIFTH, I will lift the restrictions on the production of $50 trillion dollars' worth of job-producing American energy reserves, including shale, oil, natural gas and clean coal.

* SIXTH, lift the Obama-Clinton roadblocks and allow vital energy infrastructure projects, like the Keystone Pipeline, to move forward

* SEVENTH, cancel billions in payments to U.N. climate change programs and use the money to fix America's water and environmental infrastructure

Additionally, on the first day, I will take the following five actions to restore security and the constitutional rule of law:

* FIRST, cancel every unconstitutional executive action, memorandum and order issued by President Obama

* SECOND, begin the process of selecting a replacement for Justice Scalia from one of the 20 judges on my list, who will uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States

* THIRD, cancel all federal funding to Sanctuary Cities

* FOURTH, begin removing the more than 2 million criminal illegal immigrants from the country and cancel visas to foreign countries that won't take them back

* FIFTH, suspend immigration from terror-prone regions where vetting cannot safely occur. All vetting of people coming into our country will be considered extreme vetting.

Next, I will work with Congress to introduce the following broader legislative measures and fight for their passage within the first 100 days of my Administration:

Middle Class Tax Relief And Simplification Act. An economic plan designed to grow the economy 4% per year and create at least 25 million new jobs through massive tax reduction and simplification, in combination with trade reform, regulatory relief, and lifting the restrictions on American energy. The largest tax reductions are for the middle class. A middle-class family with 2 children will get a 35% tax cut. The current number of brackets will be reduced from 7 to 3, and tax forms will likewise be greatly simplified. The business rate will be lowered from 35 to 15 percent, and the trillions of dollars of American corporate money overseas can now be brought back at a 10 percent rate.

End The Offshoring Act. Establishes tariffs to discourage companies from laying off their workers in order to relocate in other countries and ship their products back to the U.S. tax-free.

American Energy & Infrastructure Act. Leverages public-private partnerships, and private investments through tax incentives, to spur $1 trillion in infrastructure investment over 10 years. It is revenue neutral.

School Choice And Education Opportunity Act. Redirects education dollars to give parents the right to send their kid to the public, private, charter, magnet, religious or home school of their choice. Ends common core, brings education supervision to local communities. It expands vocational and technical education, and make 2 and 4-year college more affordable.

Repeal and Replace Obamacare Act. Fully repeals Obamacare and replaces it with Health Savings Accounts, the ability to purchase health insurance across state lines, and lets states manage Medicaid funds. Reforms will also include cutting the red tape at the FDA: there are over 4,000 drugs awaiting approval, and we especially want to speed the approval of life-saving medications.

Affordable Childcare and Eldercare Act. Allows Americans to deduct childcare and elder care from their taxes, incentivizes employers to provide on-side childcare services, and creates tax-free Dependent Care Savings Accounts for both young and elderly dependents, with matching contributions for low-income families.

End Illegal Immigration Act. Fully-funds the construction of a wall on our southern border with the full understanding that the country Mexico will be reimbursing the United States for the full cost of such wall; establishes a 2-year mandatory minimum federal prison sentence for illegally re-entering the U.S. after a previous deportation, and a 5-year mandatory minimum for illegally re-entering for those with felony convictions, multiple misdemeanor convictions or two or more prior deportations; also reforms visa rules to enhance penalties for overstaying and to ensure open jobs are offered to American workers first.

Restoring Community Safety Act. Reduces surging crime, drugs and violence by creating a Task Force On Violent Crime and increasing funding for programs that train and assist local police; increases resources for federal law enforcement agencies and federal prosecutors to dismantle criminal gangs and put violent offenders behind bars.

Restoring National Security Act. Rebuilds our military by eliminating the defense sequester and expanding military investment; provides Veterans with the ability to receive public VA treatment or attend the private doctor of their choice; protects our vital infrastructure from cyber-attack; establishes new screening procedures for immigration to ensure those who are admitted to our country support our people and our values.

Clean up Corruption in Washington Act. Enacts new ethics reforms to Drain the Swamp and reduce the corrupting influence of special interests on our politics.
On November 8th, Americans will be voting for this 100-day plan to restore prosperity to our economy, security to our communities, and honesty to our government.

This is my pledge to you.

And if we follow these steps, we will once more have a government of, by and for the people.

Link: http://www.npr.org/2016/11/09/501451...first-100-days
Pat

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 11:25   #30
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
a requirement that for every new federal regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated
That is like someone on his team read Heinlein's The Moon is a Harsh Mistress.
LOVE IT.