Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 11-09-2016, 10:20   #1
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

President Trump

Given the dialogue here this election season, I thought it would be appropriate to extend my sincere congratulations to all of you who supported the Trump campaign. I thought his acceptance speech was terrific, and I hope he turns out to be a great President for the country.
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 11:07   #2
bblhead672
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguish Lawyer View Post
Given the dialogue here this election season, I thought it would be appropriate to extend my sincere congratulations to all of you who supported the Trump campaign. I thought his acceptance speech was terrific, and I hope he turns out to be a great President for the country.
Hopefully someone he trusts will hand him a primer on the US Constitution so he knows what is expected of him.
“Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.”

--Thomas Jefferson
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 12:14   #3
Gypsy
Area Commander

Cheers, RL!

He seemed almost awed during his acceptance speech. He just needs to surround himself with good intelligent people.
Old 11-09-2016, 14:12   #4
Basenshukai
Quiet Professional

Thanks! And yes, congrats to President-elect Donald J. Trump.
Old 11-09-2016, 15:56   #5
UWOA (RIP)
Quiet Professional

Location: You can't get here from there; you have to go someplace else first.
I wasn't for Trump ....

I wasn't for Trump because of his various escapades, but his acceptance speech has given me a glimmer of hope. As has been said above, if he surrounds himself with capable people and listens to their counsel before reaching decisions I may be able to sleep peacefully at night.

Congratulations President-elect Donald Trump.

May God watch over you and these United States. God bless America!

Don't know where I'm goin', but there's no use in bein' late.
I've never been lost. I've been a mite confused at times, but never lost.
I'm not lost! I know where I am; I just don't know where everybody else is.
UWOA (RIP) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 16:02   #6
Sohei
Area Commander

He has always alluded to the fact that he would become "more presidential" when he needed to be. His acceptance speech provided a little insight to that side of him. I hope he continues it and picks intelligent, critical thinkers to his cabinet positions and allows them the freedom to say what needs to be said and do what needs to be done.

Congratulations, POTUSE Trump!

I sincerely wish him the very best of success...for our sakes as a nation!

Last edited by Sohei; 11-09-2016 at 16:10.
Sohei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 03:20   #7
Peregrino
Quiet Professional

Hopefully, with the election of Mr. Trump we've gained at least a temporary respite from the liberal depredations accompanying the "decline of empire" phase we currently find our country in.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the "surround himself with good intelligent people" part. I've always felt that an easy way to gauge a person’s character is to look at the people he surrounds himself with. I only needed to look at the qualities of the two VP picks to confirm (lock in concrete) my initial impressions. Trump picked someone capable of leading the country if necessary; Clinton picked someone who would never overshadow her.

President (Elect) Trump faces a difficult challenge changing the tone of the public dialog and addressing the damage caused by the previous administration. I think (pray) he's up to it. Bottom Line - even if I hadn't started this electoral season in a "burn the house down" mood, I'd be feeling pretty good right now.
A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.

~ Marcus Tullius Cicero (42B.C)
Peregrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 03:52   #8
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

I Agree with Peregrino!

One of the positive things I think I see coming from this election is the death of identity politics. That is what has been dividing us and has been promoted by the political elites and the media/pundits for far too long. This is precisely why they misread or didn't see what was going on in this election cycle.

We are "One nation under God, indivisible..." time to get back to that POV.

I listen to Morning Joe on MSNBC when I am getting ready for work in the mornings. This morning the message was one of unity and sincere optimism for a Trump presidency. I think they may be getting it and that gives me hope.

Donald Trump has one of the most essential qualities for leadership, he genuinely likes people, he listens, and he has good instincts. (Don't confuse the showman with the person.)

Also, he reads people very well and recognizes talent, e.g. Kellyanne Conway. Most of all he is not a hard-baked ideolog and that above all else is what it will take to find real solutions to our problems and unite our country and its diverse cultures once again.
Old 11-10-2016, 04:52   #9
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

"I got Trump by 6 or 7"-Dustmeister
"We know what Hillary will do; better to get Trump"-Dustmeister
"Romney will take this one in a landslide" -Dustmeister

2 out of 3 ain't bad, eh, what?

Git some, Donnie.
Old 11-10-2016, 04:54   #10
tonyz
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
"I got Trump by 6 or 7"-Dustmeister
"We know what Hillary will do; better to get Trump"-Dustmeister
"Romney will take this one in a landslide" -Dustmeister

2 out of 3 ain't bad, eh, what?

Git some, Donnie.
If Romney had balls you'd have been 3/3.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 05:25   #11
DIYPatriot
Guerrilla Chief

Mom Jeans v. Street Glide

We have a VP-elect that rides a HD Street Glide and has been known to lead a few charity rides for soldiers. It'll be a nice change from dear leader, who wears his mom jeans while riding his eco-friendly 21 speed beast. Just sayin'
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pence_sglide.JPG (71.5 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg eco_beast.JPG (44.4 KB, 55 views)
"Don't tell me what a good man should be. Don't tell me about his character or what should be in his heart - show me. And then show me again when I'm no longer here because I'll be watching." - my grandfather
DIYPatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 05:59   #12
sfshooter
Quiet Professional

I congratulate Mr. Trump on his win. Like a lot of others I wasn't a fan but I sure didn't want the other side.
There is a sense of hope that he will start the turnaround that this country needs to survive. I don't think he can fix it but I think he can start the process.
Its' time to get back to our country's values that Obama and Hillary knew nothing about. Men are men, women are women, and they aren't afraid to say so!
The brainwashed youth of today will have to be shown what a strong country looks like. That is the challenge for they are the future!

"I ask you sir, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people........" George Mason
sfshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 06:47   #13
RomanCandle
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYPatriot View Post
We have a VP-elect that rides a HD Street Glide and has been known to lead a few charity rides for soldiers. It'll be a nice change from dear leader, who wears his mom jeans while riding his eco-friendly 21 speed beast. Just sayin'

Don't be mean. Those jeans were a present from Michael.
RomanCandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 08:51   #14
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

Trump knows how to win. He knows how to negotiate. He likes to be popular, too-there's the crux.
I don't wanna see no wafflin'.
That said, the SCOTUS has a better chance.
Old 11-10-2016, 08:54   #15
cbtengr
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanCandle View Post
Don't be mean. Those jeans were a present from Michael.
Does Michelle know about this Michael?