Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

View Poll Results: Who will you be voting for?
Trump/Pence 189 77.14%
Clinton/Kaine 12 4.90%
Johnson/Weld 21 8.57%
Jill Stien 1 0.41%
Pedro 10 4.08%
Other 12 4.90%
Voters: 245. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-29-2016, 10:18   #1
Sdiver
Area Commander

2016 Presidential Thread

The ballot is set.

Let's see which way the "winds" are blowing here.
Sdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 12:03   #2
Mustang Man
Guerrilla

Proudly voted for Trump during NJ's primary. I now look forward to wearing my Make America Great Again hat while I cast my vote in the fall. Except this time I'll be in the heart of the liberal hell hole NYC while going to school.

BMT

Last edited by Mustang Man; 07-29-2016 at 12:05.
Mustang Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 12:06   #3
(1VB)compforce
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Man View Post
Proudly voted for Trump during NJ's primary. I now look forward to wearing my Make America Great Again hat while I cast my vote in the fall. Except this time I'll be in the heart of the liberal hell hole NYC while going to school.
I hope you're carryi...oh, wait...
(1VB)compforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 12:26   #4
abc_123
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdiver View Post
The ballot is set.

Let's see which way the "winds" are blowing here.
We've not exactly been a bellweather for Presidential election results, I'm afraid.
Old 07-29-2016, 12:42   #5
Sdiver
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc_123 View Post
We've not exactly been a bellweather for Presidential election results, I'm afraid.
Very true, especially after the one four years ago, where everyone and I mean EVERYONE, and not just on this board but outside it as well, was certain that Barry would lose to Romney.

But this time we're dealing with a massive division in the Dim/Lib/Pro/Soc party, (and a small one in the Rep Party) that those same "winds" that were blowing four years ago may have shifted.

As for me, I'm looking forward to the debates.

Here's a fun meme I made up last night ....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg debates.jpg (61.7 KB, 122 views)
Old 07-29-2016, 12:50   #6
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Bad, bad bad

This cycle it's not voting "for" it's voting "against"

What a bunch of garbage choices.

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 13:19   #7
CW3SF
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret10Echo View Post

^This.

Personally, I think Trump is a douche.

But i would rather have my dog as President than Billary Clinton. So i will hold my nose and vote Trump.
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 08:19   #8
Sdiver
Area Commander

Sounds like the Hillary camp want to have two debates/nights up against a couple of NFL games like they did with their debates with Sanders.

Don ain't buying it ...

ETA ... Here is the debate schedule:

Quote:
The Commission on Presidential Debates (CPD) announced the first debate will take place on Sept. 26, 2016 at Wright State University in Dayton, Ohio, while the second and third debates will occur on Oct. 9, 2016 at Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri, and Oct. 19, 2016 at the University of Nevada-Las Vegas in Las Vegas, Nevada. Though each debate will run from 9-10:30 p.m. E.T. without commercial breaks, debates will also be divided into different time segments lasting 10-15 minutes.

VP debate ...

Quote:
CPD also announced the vice presidential debate will take place on Oct. 4, 2016, at Longwood University in Farmville, Virginia.
Taken from here ---> http://www.cbsnews.com/news/presiden...ues-announced/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Trump 1.JPG (18.9 KB, 40 views)

Last edited by Sdiver; 07-30-2016 at 09:41. Reason: added debate schedule(s)
Old 08-01-2016, 12:15   #9
Sdiver
Area Commander

Who are we REALLY voting for?

In this Presidential election, who are we really voting for?

This was brought up in a conversation I had with a few people the other night. That this election cycle, we're not really voting for Trump or Hillary, but more so their VP picks, Pence and Kaine.

The thought process behind it was/is ...

Trump wins, he really doesn't have the "insider" knowledge of how Washington and politics in general works, but Pence does. Also, if Trump finds that the job he just got is a little bit too much than he could handle, he would resign and give the position to Pence.

On Hillary's side, she knows how Washington works and has manipulated it in her favor for MANY years, but, the Republicans are most assuredly going to keep control of the House and Senate and won't be as cow-towed to her as they have been with Barry. All the scandals around her are going to come back and bite her hard. She very well may be impeached like her hubby, only this time removed from office, thus paving the way for Kaine.

Plus there is also the fact of either one of them being "taken out" ... I won't expound on just what that means. I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

Could this election actually be about the election of either Pence or Kaine, or does the VP position not really matter?
Old 08-01-2016, 13:29   #10
18XP
Asset

Missing an opportunity to keep my head down...

Donald Trump could be the most unifying force in American politics since 9/11. As president, he would face a bipartisan coalition just itching to impeach him. In other words, the checks and balances of the Constitution would work.

On the other hand, Mrs. Clinton would walk into the Oval office and have a seat at the helm of a well-oiled political machine. She has the Democratic Party establishment in her pocket, Wall Street on a string, and a lapdog press that will send reports to her staff for prior approval. She will advance an agenda that does not include regard for the Constitution or this country's place in the world.

https://youtu.be/7LYRUOd_QoM

As Dad used to say, the last thing we need is efficient and effective government.
18XP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 17:53   #11
abc_123
Quiet Professional

Nobody is going to resign and if Trump wins, nobody will impeach anybody.

If Trump wins everyone will be running scared. Scared that the unthinkable happened. The sheeple actually woke up and voted in the populist candidate.
Old 08-01-2016, 17:55   #12
abc_123
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret10Echo View Post

I'm voting FOR Trump as much as I am against Hitlery.

Trump doesn't have to know everything or be a seasoned politician. He can hire those once he gets elected. I think he's doing a pretty good job so far given that conventional wisdom had him crashing and burning a looong time ago.
Old 08-01-2016, 18:16   #13
Box
Quiet Professional

"Now, I don't want to get off on a rant here," but...

I'll vote FOR a Trump presidency simply with the hope that unintended consequence or intentional design creates enough chaos within the beltway that aMEricans are FORCED to finally see our modern political process for what it has become...
...a self licking ice cream cone pandering to the masses so the machine will have a constant flow of soft serve for the DC fat cats

Hillary Rotten Clinton will ensure that the status quo of inside jobs and high dollar back scratching will continue for as long as our economy can support it.
NOt that her life style will EVER change; dont forget, this was the lady who associated her quarter of a million dollar speaking fees with that old gem the common folks refer to as "being broke".

Trump's reality TV show campaign style appeals to people because we have grown ACCUSTOMED to reality TV politics and it goes all the way back to Jimmy Carter and the sweater speech and it just escalated from there...
...Iran contra
...read my lips, no new taxes
...I feel your pain
...mission accomplished
...running from sniper fire
...if you like your doctor you can KEEP your doctor
...dude that was like, two years ago

Wrap that shit up with a taco-supreme court jester saying she'll move to new zealand if her candidate dont win and its no wonder our political process is a fucking sham.

"...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong."
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 22:02   #14
abc_123
Quiet Professional

Trump's reality campaign style appeals to me because it is different than the establishment approved playbook for Republican candidates allows. He actually says the stuff that is said around my table at home, that I hear when travelling in rural America. He actually says some shit that is COMMON SENSE. He actually and unapologetically expounds an America First philosophy.

I know that some here, along with a bunch of blue-haired old ladies that attend church don't "trust" Trump. Think that he is a "liar" and "mean" . I get that. But... what politician doesn't lie? Which one is not out for himself? How is telling the truth, "mean"?

I have long said that Bush II after 9/11 should have roused the Sleeping Giant and put us on a war footing. The WORLD would have trembled in fear at our justifiable wrath. But he did not. I regret that.

I desperately want someone who might just put America first. IF not that then I want someone who will lay waste to the status quo.

Now there are those that don't agree with me, and I get that. However how anyone can not vote and sit this one out is beyond me. Seriously it is a binary choice. Sitting out the election and not voting on "principle" is as baffling to me as those who sensing failure on the land nav course moved to the nearest road and sat down waiting or the no-go truck to pick them up.
Old 08-01-2016, 22:56   #15
cedsall
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy L-bach View Post
"Now, I don't want to get off on a rant here," but...

I'll vote FOR a Trump presidency simply with the hope that unintended consequence or intentional design creates enough chaos within the beltway that aMEricans are FORCED to finally see our modern political process for what it has become...
...a self licking ice cream cone pandering to the masses so the machine will have a constant flow of soft serve for the DC fat cats

Hillary Rotten Clinton will ensure that the status quo of inside jobs and high dollar back scratching will continue for as long as our economy can support it.
NOt that her life style will EVER change; dont forget, this was the lady who associated her quarter of a million dollar speaking fees with that old gem the common folks refer to as "being broke".
I'm seeing it along those lines. I will vote for Trump, not because I expect him to do a better job than Clinton but because I expect he will effectively gridlock the federal government for 4 or 8 years. There are enough Republicans who won't go along with any ideas he may have that he'll have a damn hard time getting anything through a Republican congress. Democrats wouldn't piss on him to put him out if he were on fire so if the congress turns Democratic, it's full gridlock.

The federal government is fully a self-licking ice cream cone. There really isn't any way to turn back the tide in the sense that no one is going to advance through our political system on a platform of shutting down the Departments of Education, Homeland Security, or Energy, reforming to a flat tax and firing 90% of the IRS, or anything near what needs to be done to rein in government over-reach.

The best we can hope for is gridlock.

Now... 97Charlie... there was an MOS!
--ZonieDiver
cedsall is offline   Reply With Quote