Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 12-21-2015, 11:38   #16
tonyz
Area Commander

That was a good read.

Apologists and deniers enable needless death and destruction to grow, expand and perpetuate.

The Islamic terrorists abuse children with their radical indoctrination schools and teaching of hatered...that is nothing less than child abuse - creating the next wave/generation of terrorists.

"However, if such a revolution ever does take place, the Islamic jihad will be easily swept back into the dustbin of history. For the fact remains: Islam is terrorizing the world, not because it can, but because the West allows it to."

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 11:58   #17
mark46th
Quiet Professional

“I hold it as a principle that the duration of peace is in direct proportion to the slaughter you inflict on the enemy.” –Gen. Mikhail Skobelev"-SF-TX

My First Rule of War: You must fight the war on terms the enemy understands.
mark46th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 14:12   #18
Flagg
Area Commander

I'm of the belief that conditions are coalescing to see the formation and rise of a hard right response.

The lack of a legal, reasonable, and sanctioned response to a massive and largely non kinetic unconventional war campaign(mass economic refugee "terra-forming" to fundamentally and permanently change Europe's dominant cultures) could see the rise of an illegal, unreasonable, and unsanctioned response.

While I'm no subject matter expert, I could easily imagine slices of Central/South American political death squads, Brazilian off duty police acting as "pest control", and Gladio like underground activity mashed up in different ways based on localised conditions and circumstances as an unofficial, unsanctioned and illegal response from those on the far right with the will and the resources to execute unreasonable kinetic policy tomorrow because of governments' inability to execute reasonable non kinetic policy today.

And that will likely just be more fodder for the social/media war waging to shape perceptions.

So I reckon the very long view and largely non kinetic Muslim Brotherhood global network focused on the strategic may soon be opposed by more localised, more kinetic, and less globally aligned illicit hard right opposition focused on the tactical and the operational.

And I think the hard right will fail initially because of an excessive bias towards the kinetic and cultural bias that undervalues the strategic end state.

My hope would be for a rise of centre-right government and policy that takes a hard stand on protecting dominant culture, strongly opposes cultural terra forming, and aggressively prevents the formation of non permissive geographic footprints in their own country and forces assimilation.

I don't rate the chances of that happening much.

I suspect the west lacks the patience, perseverance, will, cohesion, and leadership to right the course without a strong "over correction" and all the terrible consequences that will entail.

Just my 0.02c
Flagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 09:36   #19
SF-TX
Quiet Professional

Muslim women chide the useful idiots of the progressive left and ask them to not wear a hijab in 'solidarity' with Muslim women, but instead stand with them in the fight against Islamism. A good read.

Quote:
...This modern-day movement spreads an ideology of political Islam, called “Islamism,” enlisting well-intentioned interfaith do-gooders and the media into promoting the idea that “hijab” is a virtual “sixth pillar” of Islam, after the traditional “five pillars” of the shahada (or proclamation of faith), prayer, fasting, charity and pilgrimage.

We reject this interpretation that the “hijab” is merely a symbol of modesty and dignity adopted by faithful female followers of Islam.

...In the name of “interfaith,” these well-intentioned Americans are getting duped by the agenda of Muslims who argue that a woman’s honor lies in her “chastity” and unwittingly pushing a platform to put a hijab on every woman.

Please do this instead: Do not wear a headscarf in “solidarity” with the ideology that most silences us, equating our bodies with “honor.” Stand with us instead with moral courage against the ideology of Islamism that demands we cover our hair.

Link to entire editorial

I hold it as a principle that the duration of peace is in direct proportion to the slaughter you inflict on the enemy. –Gen. Mikhail Skobelev
SF-TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 11:51   #20
SF-TX
Quiet Professional

When we should be actively engaging Islam in the war of ideas, democrats introduce a resolution to condemn anyone that engages in 'hateful rhetoric' towards Muslims.

What is 'hateful rhetoric?' Anything that might upset the fragile ego of an Islamic fundamentalist, such as a cartoon of Mohammed.

Eighty-two democrats have sponsored the resolution.

Quote:
H. RES. 569

Condemning violence, bigotry, and hateful rhetoric towards Muslims in the United States.

Entire Resolution

I hold it as a principle that the duration of peace is in direct proportion to the slaughter you inflict on the enemy. –Gen. Mikhail Skobelev
Old 12-29-2015, 12:56   #21
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
And I think the hard right will fail initially because of an excessive bias towards the kinetic and cultural bias that undervalues the strategic end state.

My hope would be for a rise of centre-right government and policy that takes a hard stand on protecting dominant culture, strongly opposes cultural terra forming, and aggressively prevents the formation of non permissive geographic footprints in their own country and forces assimilation.

Just my 0.02c
Flagg, just remember that in this Country, what is currently referred to as the "hard right" was called the "silent majority" when I was a young redneck nosepicker and "just the way it is" when I was a puppy.
Old 12-29-2015, 14:17   #22
Flagg
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
Flagg, just remember that in this Country, what is currently referred to as the "hard right" was called the "silent majority" when I was a young redneck nosepicker and "just the way it is" when I was a puppy.
It's a bloody hard one.

But like how the education system seems to have been infiltrated/dominated by, and lost to, the left and hard left, means the right has been consistently losing due to the fact that averaging left of centre with continued leftward momentum clearly goes in the loss column.

Doesn't the same apply to non-kinetic social movements?

Outside of the decentralised and somewhat hijacked Tea Party movement, social movements thus far have been largely, and arguably almost exclusively, left to far left of centre.

Examples would include 60's-70's-80's protest movements in the US and Western Europe funded and supported by communists to undermine the west, conducting non-kinetic UW.

To me, the perceived significant lack of right of centre public social movement presence is not a lack of existence of right of centre gravity, but both what I perceive to be a lack of historical and embedded experience in social movements as well as higher pain thresholds to commit combined with traditionally lower local(physical not digital) mass density like the urban left.

To me, both sanctioned and unsanctioned Latin American death squads activity in the 70's-80's targeting communist movements could rear its head again.

Targeted killings are already happening in obvious places like Chechnya, and just now in Turkey. How long until unsanctioned Targeted killings occurs in the west?

I suspect that if western governments continue to fail in their response to the long term non kinetic UW campaign being waged against them, that some right of centre elements may respond erratically and kinetically with targeted killings.

Unless or until there is an effective strategic counter subversion campaign in our own western backyards, what else can we expect to see happenings in the meantime?

As the right may be aligned on many issues, they don't seem particularly cohesive or well led. Which would likely lead to inconsistent and uncoordinated response wouldn't? Including outliers?
Old 12-29-2015, 14:31   #23
Flagg
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
It's a race against the clock.
Is that part of our fundamental problem?

Isn't that our critical vulnerability?

Aren't we fighting each other using stopwatches, while the enemy is fighting us unopposed with a 100 year calendar?

-----

I've learned all about "time and space" in the appreciation process along with key terrain and vital ground.

Do most in the west even conceptualise time beyond tactical and operational planning?

I'd posit we need to immediately start thinking beyond strategic timeframes, which we rarely do, drop our hubris and arrogance, and leapfrog into an existential timeframe consideration.

I know it runs contrary to "political time" election/news cycles, but I wonder if a new Defensive rather than Offensive Monroe Doctrine is required to try and surmount election/news cycles and mitigate our stopwatch mindset in a calendar war.
Old 12-29-2015, 14:40   #24
Pete
Quiet Professional

The Bush / Algore election

The Bush / Algore election

Remember how shocked the MSM and left were when Republicans stormed the doors of the election offices during the recount?
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 19:18   #25
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
I'm of the belief that conditions are coalescing to see the formation and rise of a hard right response.

The lack of a legal, reasonable, and sanctioned response to a massive and largely non kinetic unconventional war campaign(mass economic refugee "terra-forming" to fundamentally and permanently change Europe's dominant cultures) could see the rise of an illegal, unreasonable, and unsanctioned response.

While I'm no subject matter expert, I could easily imagine slices of Central/South American political death squads, Brazilian off duty police acting as "pest control", and Gladio like underground activity mashed up in different ways based on localised conditions and circumstances as an unofficial, unsanctioned and illegal response from those on the far right with the will and the resources to execute unreasonable kinetic policy tomorrow because of governments' inability to execute reasonable non kinetic policy today.

And that will likely just be more fodder for the social/media war waging to shape perceptions.

So I reckon the very long view and largely non kinetic Muslim Brotherhood global network focused on the strategic may soon be opposed by more localised, more kinetic, and less globally aligned illicit hard right opposition focused on the tactical and the operational.

I suspect the west lacks the patience, perseverance, will, cohesion, and leadership to right the course without a strong "over correction" and all the terrible consequences that will entail.

Just my 0.02c

It could be that the time for a 'legal' response as you put it has come and gone in large part because the 3 branches of governent, the Legislative, Executive and Judicial branches work in unison rather than provide checks and balances as intended.

What exactly is legal? I mean HRC can get away with dereliction of duty, lying under oath and murder The Honorable Jon Corzine can get away with Grand Theft. Obama and his finacier George Schwartz can get away with sedition.

Legal is much to do with how much money you have and how your legal team can twist words and meanings.

The system is a train wreck, and it will likely require some people with characteristics like Mel Gibson's Tomahawk wielding Benjamin Martin to get back on course.
Old 12-31-2015, 00:40   #26
Flagg
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brush Okie View Post
Good and interesting thread.

Along with hunting down the terrorists like the animals they are, we need to sponsor schools and indoctrinate the children into our ways.

Am I saying brainwash the little bastards? Yes I am. That is the only long term solution. We can not kill our way to success in this world war. While hunting them down like animals has positive short term effects it is NOT a long term solution and if not done correctly is actually counter productive in the long run.

The Jesuits used to have a saying that went something like this: Give me a kid until they are seven and I will give you a Catholic for life.

I hate to say it but I dont believe our politicians have the vision or the balls to do what needs to be done. That statement goes for both parties.
I wonder if US leadership lost its way with the end of the Cold War and the counter subversion efforts against communism(as well as th efforts to undermine communism)?

USIA was closed and responsibilities fell under State with the BBG.

The BBG seems to be a 1999 pre social media and pre(known/understood) global UW war patchwork organisation that seems ill prepared, organized, or led to run aggressive defensive and offensive information operations in this global UW war.

I wonder if it needs to be reorg'd and put in a non kinetic war footing?

I also wonder if the future isn't in sponsoring schools, but in sponsoring online education.

Our kids use Khan Academy every day, during school and holidays, with instant global access.

Maybe distribute preloaded and education content locked tough tablets in local language filled with the truth and the means to communicate one to many and one to one with each kid.

My old company Amazon sells cheaper tablets if you accept lock screens with advertising content on them. It works.

Propaganda, marketing, advertising, selling. All branches of the same tree.

I reckon the non kinetic side of the house needs to get ramped up in both volume and aggression.

Back to marketing, shape perceptions for people to see the fundamentalist madrassa culture funded by the Saudis and others all around the world as no different than Islamic Khmer Rouge franchises selling global cancer.
Old 01-02-2016, 09:10   #27
SF-TX
Quiet Professional

The Saudi's have no qualms about targeting Muslim clerics that preach a virulent brand of Islam other than Wahhabism.

Quote:
Saudi Arabia Executes 47 Including Prominent Shiite Cleric

Nimr al-Nimr, a dissident Shiite cleric from the oil-rich Eastern Province, was among those executed. Known for sermons which criticized Sunni rulers in Saudi Arabia, as well as Shiite Iran for supporting the Syrian regime’s crackdown on its opponents, al-Nimr was arrested in 2012 and sentenced to death in 2014.

Link

Old 01-02-2016, 10:21   #28
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF-TX View Post
The Saudi's have no qualms about targeting Muslim clerics that preach a virulent brand of Islam other than Wahhabism.
You mean they have no problems killing shia as they have been doing for thousands of years. Now if they could just learn to fly their F-16's without crashing........
Old 01-11-2016, 08:53   #29
SF-TX
Quiet Professional

And the backlash has begun in Europe. It may be a group of "hooligans, bouncers and rockers" today, but tomorrow, who knows. It depends on whether or not western governments continue to allow in hordes of 'barbarians' with an ingrained hatred of the west.

Quote:
Vigilantes hunting for 'justice' for New Year sex attacks carry out beatings on random foreigners in Cologne – as officials admit the assaults WERE carried out by migrants.

Vigilante mobs have been attacking Pakistani and Syrians in Cologne, leaving at least two in hospital, following calls on social media for 'revenge' in the wake of the New Years Eve assaults.

The attacks were carried out by groups of young men, allegedly specifically targeting foreigners, after reports Cologne police are focusing their investigation on asylum seekers and migrants.

More than 500 criminal complains have now been filed over the events outside Cologne's famous cathedral on New Years Eve, where young women were sexually assaulted, raped and robbed...

...According to the Cologne Express newspaper, a group of 'hooligans, rockers and bouncers' linked up on Facebook for payback for the mass sexual frenzy on the last day of the year that was allegedly carried out largely by foreigners and refugees.

The Express said the Facebook vigilante groups had promised an 'orderly clean up' of the old town centre in their 'manhunt.'

...Today, the minister for North Rhine-Westphalia, the German state where Cologne is located, admitted that people of foreign descent were responsible for virtually all of the violence on New Year's Eve in the city.

'Based on testimony from witnesses, the report from the Cologne police and descriptions by the federal police, it looks as if people with a migration background were almost exclusively responsible for the criminal acts,' Ralf Jaeger, interior minister from the state of North Rhine-Westphalia told a special commission on the Cologne violence.

'All signs point to these being north Africans and people from the Arab world,' he added. 'Based on what we know now from the investigation, asylum seekers who arrived in the past year are among the suspects.'

Link

Old 01-11-2016, 10:25   #30
Box
Quiet Professional

Clearly the intolerant German citizens are at fault here.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote