Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 11-27-2016, 16:29   #46
Volunteer
Asset

Anyone in the UK claiming to know what the average person in Oregon is thinking WRT secessionist thinking must have bumped their head, irrespective of what somebody in the UK may be quoting from idiots in the people's republic of Portland.

Oregon is deeply red, outside the larger population centers.

V/R
Volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbtengr View Post
Sounds as if Oregon want to join them in secession. Waiting to hear from Washington State, any rumblings up there Divemaster?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ction-win.html

Last edited by Volunteer; 11-27-2016 at 16:30. Reason: fixed the grammar.
Volunteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 18:21   #47
RCummings
Guerrilla

Who would have thought

Calexit backers withdraw 2018 California independence bid
Posted: Apr 17, 2017 3:33 PM PDT
Updated: Apr 17, 2017 3:33 PM PDT
By Associated Press

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) - Supporters of a long-shot bid to make California an independent nation are ending their effort to put it to a statewide vote next year.

The secretary of state's office confirmed Monday that Marcus Ruiz Evans, vice president of the Yes California Independence Campaign, notified officials he intends to withdraw the California Nationhood ballot measure.

The group's president, Louis Marinelli, says in a message to supporters that he is seeking permanent residence in Russia. He says supporters may try again to separate California from the United States at a later date.

The movement drew extra interest after last year's election of Republican Donald Trump as president.

Marinelli says the group has nearly 100,000 registered supporters. Supporters needed more than 585,000 signatures by July to put a measure on the ballot.
RCummings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 02:15   #48
frostfire
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCummings View Post
The group's president, Louis Marinelli, says in a message to supporters that he is seeking permanent residence in Russia.
BWAHAHAHAHHAAHA!

See, it all ties back to the Ruskies. It's Russia all along!

"So we can suffer, and in suffering we know who we are" David Goggins

"Aide-toi, Dieu t'aidera " Jehanne, la Pucelle

Der, der Geld verliert, verliert einiges;
Der, der einen Freund verliert, verliert viel mehr;
Der, der das Vertrauen verliert, verliert alles.

INDNJC
frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 09:12   #49
RCummings
Guerrilla

I don't know about the Russians but, I will say it's nice to see a professional instigator throw in the towel and get out of the United States of America. I only hope that he has a great PR firm pitch his condos at the foot of the Urals, and many more folks who don't love this country move.

V/R

Bob
RCummings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 11:52   #50
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCummings View Post
I don't know about the Russians but, I will say it's nice to see a professional instigator throw in the towel and get out of the United States of America. I only hope that he has a great PR firm pitch his condos at the foot of the Urals, and many more folks who don't love this country move.

V/R

Bob
Putin's Foreign Ministry should suggest an alternative location; Venezuela or Haiti for example.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote