Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 11-16-2016, 11:55   #1
Paslode
Area Commander

Zero Hedge and Breitbart Targeted On Liberal Professor's List of "Fake News" Sources

Looks like like the elites want to decide what is news worthy and what isn't. The next 4 years are going to be a real hootm as Alex Jones has said for as long as I can remember.........There is a war on for your mind!

Quote:
We have a confession to make, everything we've said over the past ~7 years has been fake. Well, not really, but that's what the ultra-liberal, Assistant Professor of Communications at Merrimack College, Melissa "Mish" Zimdars, would like for you to believe.

While it's unclear exactly what prompted Zimdars to publish a list of "fake news" sources, we have a sneaking suspicion it was a coping mechnism cleverly employed by the New England, liberal arts snowflake to deal with the stunning defeat of her chosen Presidential candidate. Or, perhaps she was simply trying to help the folks at Google and Facebook who have vowed to censor "fake news" sources by cutting off their access to advertising.

But, no matter the reason, below is the full list of information resources that Zimdars, the ultimate arbiter of credibility, has deemed "fake." Notice that while the list includes numerous conservative news sources like Breitbart, Infowars, Twitchy, The Blaze and Bizpac Review, it excludes the beacon of impartiality known as The Huffington Post.

Moreover, Zimdars even provided the following helpful categorization guidelines to help you determine the level of "fakeness" exhibited by each site. Zero Hedge has not yet been assigned a category, which we find kind of hurtful.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-1...e-news-sources
Old 11-16-2016, 14:50   #2
Badger52
Area Commander

LMAO - she listed MSNBC, who I'm sure thanks her for the mention of them (in any context at this point as their network of daffodils reaches terminal velocity).

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 23:40   #3
miclo18d
Quiet Professional

I thank Ms Zimdars for compiling such a great list of like minded reading opportunities for me. I've only ever read a few of those, now I have a very nice, concise, organized list!
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." — Jeff Cooper
miclo18d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 00:23   #4
Guy
Quiet Professional

Thumbs up Same here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by miclo18d View Post
I thank Ms Zimdars for compiling such a great list of like minded reading opportunities for me. I've only ever read a few of those, now I have a very nice, concise, organized list!
I believe it was RL that said: "Just because write more doesn't necessarily make it better."

Quote:
In the social sciences, unintended consequences (sometimes unanticipated consequences or unforeseen consequences) are outcomes that are not the ones foreseen and intended by a purposeful action.

-DE OPPRESSO LIBER-
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 00:38   #5
sinjefe
Quiet Professional

Good thing she says what her criteria for placing a site on her list is

I guess it's just a list of sites that she doesn't like (what they say).