Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 11-10-2016, 09:00   #16
DIYPatriot
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbtengr View Post
Does Michelle know about this Michael?
I've been wondering the same thing...and then I thought, "Maybe it's Michael Moore??? OMFG - what a horrible and disgusting image that I wish I could video tape and leak onto the net".
"Don't tell me what a good man should be. Don't tell me about his character or what should be in his heart - show me. And then show me again when I'm no longer here because I'll be watching." - my grandfather
DIYPatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 12:21   #17
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguish Lawyer View Post
Given the dialogue here this election season, I thought it would be appropriate to extend my sincere congratulations to all of you who supported the Trump campaign. I thought his acceptance speech was terrific, and I hope he turns out to be a great President for the country.
Thank you!

I sent Ted a few bucks but I sent President Elect Trump even more. And talked to a few folks about why they need to vote for Mr. Trump. I told them in a nutshell, a vote for Mr. Trump is a vote for freedom.

I might have also said that every Green Beret I know is voting for Mr. Trump........
Old 11-10-2016, 15:20   #18
Patrin
Guerrilla

Haven't visited you gents in here since election night...it was a late night, with good quality rum in one hand, a cigar in the other...and very fine, patriotic friends of mine smiling ear to ear at my sides.

Gents, the feeling of deep satisfaction I've had the last few days from the greatest upset in our Country's political history has been indescribable.

I hope....and know ...many of you have felt the same.

Having attended a Trump rally in the primary and last month...I felt in my heart the enthusiasm I witnessed was what would put Trump over the top onto victory...something not being recorded in the polls and, certainly, being ignored in the MSM.

Going into election night, I remained assured that Trump had a solid, fighting chance, and I'm just so thankful I kept the faith.

God bless all of us...and all Americans...that took a stand on November 8th, saying, 'NO! We will not let our Country go quietly into the night!'

God bless America.

Last edited by Patrin; 11-10-2016 at 15:23.
Patrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 17:01   #19
Divemaster
Quiet Professional

Last week we had a minor disaster at the house that has required the intervention of insurance adjusters and various trades people from three or four different companies. Today was the first post election day some of them were in the house. Four individuals working in pairs were here throughout the day. Their ages ranged from 20s to 30s. All were ethnic minorities and each, cautiously, asked what I thought of the election. Of course as a good SF guy seeking to gain rather than give information, I reversed the question and asked how they voted. Three, all Hispanic (no military service), said they voted for Trump; one, an African American (13 year Army veteran, 11B and commo, 3 tours Iraq, 1 Afghanistan), said he "preferred" Clinton.

The three Trump voters each cited the email scandal, while one also said he feared Clinton would come after his guns. The one who "preferred" Clinton said her experience was important to him. He did not come across as a die hard Clintonista.

All four condemned the current protests, and they each stated that the results of an election need to be respected.

I think there might be some hope for us after all.
Old 11-10-2016, 18:09   #20
RomanCandle
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYPatriot View Post
I've been wondering the same thing...and then I thought, "Maybe it's Michael Moore??? OMFG - what a horrible and disgusting image that I wish I could video tape and leak onto the net".
Nah his Michael is much more "manly" than Moore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG5kYKNVLhQ
RomanCandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 22:06   #21
Pete
Quiet Professional

Trump's problems

Trump's problems in his first year as President will come from the Senate not the House.

ML Turtle will be the boulder on the path to anything getting done.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 00:19   #22
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

Come on, boys; quit wringin' your hands. Read everything TR's got out on gittin' ready, do it, and chill. it's done. Probably the best case scenario, as well.
(I ain't preachin' to no QP's here; just the worry warts.
Will return with further pearls of wisdom after gun season-starts tomorrow.
Wait with bated breath-could be a good pic comin'.
Old 11-11-2016, 01:54   #23
tonyz
Area Commander

President Elect Trump, on what must have been a very hectic day filled with briefings...

Trump calls slain cop’s widow to offer condolences
By Larry Celona and Chris PerezNovember 10, 2016 | 8:26pm
NY Post

President-elect Donald Trump called slain NYPD Sgt. Paul Tuozzolo’s widow Thursday morning and personally extended his “condolences” to her on the day that thousands of police officers paid tribute to the fallen Finest at his funeral.

“I’m very sorry I cannot be there with you today. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time,” Trump told the grieving woman, according to a source.

“I want to express my condolences from me and my family.”

<snip>

http://nypost.com/2016/11/10/trump-c...r-condolences/

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote