Old 09-24-2015, 03:21   #1
BryanK
Guerrilla Chief

Circuit Scribe

Some of you may have already seen this, but it looks like a good tool for maybe repairing a circuit if solder isn't available, or just showing your young'uns how circuits work. From the Amazon reviews I read, you have to draw the lines thick for optimal performance. Nifty little gadget:

http://www.circuitscribe.com/

"Too many men work on parts of things. Doing a job to completion, satisfies me."- Richard Proenneke
BryanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 07:40   #2
DIYPatriot
Guerrilla Chief

How cool is that? I've been tinkering around with raspberry pi and using it to show my son and little Tiger Cub scouts how gadgets work. I can see them enjoying this quite a bit! Thanks!

If you're interested in pi, this is a decent start up kit. And this is one such diy project that is pretty simple and a great tool for showing kids how to build their very own computer. I did this with my son when he was 5 and he took it to school for show & tell.

If anyone attempts this, make sure you don't wrap it up in an aluminum briefcase and try to pass it off as a clock that you somehow invented by removing the casing from a 1980's era alarm clock, unless you want an invitation from the WH.
"Don't tell me what a good man should be. Don't tell me about his character or what should be in his heart - show me. And then show me again when I'm no longer here because I'll be watching." - my grandfather
DIYPatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 09:46   #3
Badger52
Area Commander

Cool stuff, thanks. Regardless of the source, getting the kids hands-on, even something as simple as how to execute a good solder joint, is paramount. Many today don't know how to do anything because they've never been allowed to try anything (and will never experience failure-->learn-->try again in many school environments).

Some of the stuff we built in Jr. High would get us (and our parents) locked up nowadays. (DIY Patriot covers the alternative above if ethnically qualified.)

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote