Old 07-16-2013, 09:55   #1
Mills
Quiet Professional

Pro Deals.......

Hey guys, just looking for an update from all of you out there who might be using pro deals. I have used a few in the past however I was looking for a more updated list. I still do use the Patagonia one and it is great. I was curious if anyone has a line specifically a Salomon pro deal, as I go through their boots and shoes all the time.

Thanks!
Mills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:12   #2
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mills View Post
Hey guys, just looking for an update from all of you out there who might be using pro deals. I have used a few in the past however I was looking for a more updated list. I still do use the Patagonia one and it is great. I was curious if anyone has a line specifically a Salomon pro deal, as I go through their boots and shoes all the time.

Thanks!
You can find a lot of them at Promotive.com.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:33   #3
Loadsmasher
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
You can find a lot of them at Promotive.com.

TR
I've used Promotive several times and have been happy with the purchase every time. The Lunatik phone case I just picked up was around 40% less than retail (if you need an iPhone case buy this one).

Sometimes you can get a better pro deal from the manufacturer. Benchmade in particular offers a much better discount through their website.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:50   #4
blue02hd
Quiet Professional

Just realized SUREFIRE no longer sells on PROMOTIVE. Thats just basically Un American,,,

Verified Tax Payer and Future Sex Symbol
blue02hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:00   #5
Mills
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue02hd View Post
Just realized SUREFIRE no longer sells on PROMOTIVE. Thats just basically Un American,,,
I used to have an account on there, however I realized the same thing that you guys did. Some of your favorite items are not sold on there anymore, and some items are much better if you contact the MFR directly.
Mills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:49   #6
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

He asked for a Salomon discount, and I offered a site that has one.

As with anything, some deals are better than others.

I have used Woolrich, CampChef, Fenix, and a few others that represent a significant discount. For the minor discount Camelbak offers, they might as well not even list their products there.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 15:17   #7
Stingray
Guerrilla

promotive boots

I bought some Wellco E-lites boots From promotive. They took nearly 8 weeks to be delivered and were clearly bad second runs. The section that connect to The upper was pulling away. I trimmed The extra off and wear Them often. I probably got about what I paid for, so i certainly would not say I got a bargain.
I have good luck with Wellco boots. So I was dissapointed.
I had good buys on knives and multi tools From Promotive though. Good discounts on those and good quality products.

Thought I would share since The topic was boots.

"In the fell clutch of circumstance, I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance, My head is bloody, but unbowed." William Ernest Henley
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:56   #8
epeltzer
Asset

North Face not really supporting us anymore

Well, I have had "pro" accounts for years with many companies- Patagonia, Promotive, Columbia, Merril, Vibram... and many more - they have all been great.

In the past few weeks, I have been switching all my pro accounts over to the new stupid Army Enterprise Mail (a complete POS system, but that is another discussion). For the most part, switching my accounts over has been painless - a couple companies asked me to re-submit my supporting documents, etc, but all transferred my account with no issue.

Except North Face. NF has steadfastly refused to "renew" my account (My current account is active and in good standing)

I am currently an active duty SF officer in Afghanistan and have spent 11 of the past 13 years either in Group or in at one of our higher HQs (the other two years were at school at Leavenworth). I have been deployed 10 times (not much compared to many, but enough that I have pretty much gone to Iraq or AFG at least once a year, outside of school years, since 2001). I am currently deployed.

The reason NF won't renew my account? They say I can't prove I spend at least 50% of my time "in the field". I told them, I AM IN AFGHANISTAN! What more do you want me to tell you? Short of sending them a day-by-day schedule of my life, I have sent them loads of documents showing my deployment schedules and current deployment, but they insist it is not enough. I asked to talk to the lady's supervisor, and she refused to give me the information to contact her supervisor (and, she will only give me her first name, so the only information I have to go on is "Laci K." from her email signature). I wrote an email to North Face Customer service, but they have not written me back.

Seriously, if this is how North Face treats Soldiers (much less deployed Soldiers), they can shove it. There are too many companies out there that are just as good and still support military folks.
epeltzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:39   #9
Golf1echo
Area Commander

Location: Western Carolina in the rainforest,4000' along the Eastern Cont. Div.
Go to one of the shows that NF is attending, you can see how proud they are of themselves, you better have an invitation. More folks than not have taken notice... Interesting marketing strategy?
Vanity Fair brands: http://www.vfc.com/brands

Essayons

By Dand

"In the school of the wilds,there is no graduation day"Horace Kephart

Last edited by Golf1echo; 03-31-2014 at 00:19. Reason: More info.
Golf1echo is offline   Reply With Quote