Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces Weapons > Weapons Discussion Area

Old 08-23-2017, 13:24   #31
echoes
Area Commander

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
...just a thought

If you are going to carry concealed; carry concealed. A carry gun in your purse is just like having extra ammo in your ruck back at the patrol base.
It doesn't do you any good if it isn't on your person. If you fall victim to a purse snatcher, your have just armed your assailant with your only means of defense.

Men and women are built different AND they dress different. If you like to wear a skirt, you still can wear a holster that allows you to carry a small pistol on your inner thigh...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNL5pqn3Eng
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ja4mUIO4mw

You also have boobs... that means you can wear looser shirts that help conceal a gun on your belt. A man wearing the same
You can also wear a light jacket in the summer and it will just look like you are a sharp dressed lady in a business jacket.

If I wear a jacket in the summer, it makes me look like I am crazy, or to the more observant, it labels me as a guy that is probably carrying concealed.
You can wear a vest and it just looks like a fashion item
If I wear a vest, it ABSOLUTELY makes it look like I am hiding something. There are a few site (below) that cater to ladies that want to carry concealed.

...for what its worth, I'd have a lot of fun getting my wife to model some of these holsters wearing nothing more than a tiara and some high heels

https://www.cancanconcealment.com/
https://www.gungoddess.com/on-body-holsters/

Box Sir,

Wow, thank you for the insight and great ideas.

For me no skirts, tiaras, or high heels, (not in public anyway,) but since I do carry a chest around with me daily, it is good to know there are extra advantages for concealed carry. Thanks for the info. Have a lot of research and analysis to do before making the correct purchase. Try before you buy...and I plan on shooting a lot next week at targets designed to aide in this process of deduction.

Am continuing to learn, and thanks to all the advice here, am headed in the correct direction.

Thank you for taking the time to share.

Holly

Last edited by echoes; 08-23-2017 at 13:28.
echoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 14:03   #32
Peregrino
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoes View Post
Box Sir,

Wow, thank you for the insight and great ideas.

For me no skirts, tiaras, or high heels, (not in public anyway,) but since I do carry a chest around with me daily, it is good to know there are extra advantages for concealed carry. Thanks for the info. Have a lot of research and analysis to do before making the correct purchase. Try before you buy...and I plan on shooting a lot next week at targets designed to aide in this process of deduction.

Am continuing to learn, and thanks to all the advice here, am headed in the correct direction.

Thank you for taking the time to share.

Holly
When looking at CC alternatives (e.g. the "Flash Bang", etc.) please remember Safety First! As in - keep your finger out of the trigger guard until you're coming up on target. Save the tatas is more than just cancer; there have been injuries and fatalities as a result of "negligent discharges" (with firearms ).
A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.

~ Marcus Tullius Cicero (42B.C)
Peregrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 14:08   #33
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Save the tatas is more than just cancer; there have been injuries and fatalities as a result of "negligent discharges" (with firearms ).

OMFG... that is funny.
It has a bit of a "you'll shoot your eye out kid" ring to it

negligent discharges....
...you win the internet for the day
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 14:23   #34
echoes
Area Commander

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
OMFG... that is funny.
It has a bit of a "you'll shoot your eye out kid" ring to it

negligent discharges....
...you win the internet for the day

Sirrs,

No negligent discharges will be done, as I am confident in my shooting instructor to advise and prevent anything like that from happening.

We will be more focused on basics, beginning with proper grip of the firearm, and move up from there.

Am looking forward to the training so, god forbid, any accident results from of careless discharge of my firearm.

Thank you Sirrs for the updates on safety first!

Holly
Old 08-23-2017, 15:32   #35
rsdengler
Area Commander

Quote:
Sirrs,

No negligent discharges will be done, as I am confident in my shooting instructor to advise and prevent anything like that from happening.

We will be more focused on basics, beginning with proper grip of the firearm, and move up from there.

Am looking forward to the training so, god forbid, any accident results from of careless discharge of my firearm.

Thank you Sirrs for the updates on safety first!

Holly

LOL....And Holly, thinking about safety, don't go to the range wearing Daisy Duke shorts either....you could get a thigh burn from the spent cartridge....sort of like a "Cartridge Hicky"....

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
rsdengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 16:03   #36
echoes
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdengler View Post
LOL....And Holly, thinking about safety, don't go to the range wearing Daisy Duke shorts either....you could get a thigh burn from the spent cartridge....sort of like a "Cartridge Hicky"....
Thanks Rita,

No shorts of any kind will be a part of this shooting exercise. Since my "friend" is taking the time to do this, the least I can do is Be Prepared with proper outfitting.

All kidding aside, this is a very serious undertaking on my part, and am very grateful to have this opportunity to learn from someone who knows what to do with a firearm.

Hope your lessons continue to go well Rita! The more intelligent females that are armed, the better.

Holly
Old 08-23-2017, 16:26   #37
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Make sure you have the following at the range:

Weapon
Magazines
Ammunition
Ear pro
Eye pro
Holster or carrying device
Stiff belt if using a holster
Weapons cleaning kit
Any tools required to disassemble the weapon for cleaning
Targets
Target backers
Stapler and/or tape

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 17:08   #38
echoes
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
Make sure you have the following at the range:

Weapon
Magazines
Ammunition
Ear pro
Eye pro
Holster or carrying device
Stiff belt if using a holster
Weapons cleaning kit
Any tools required to disassemble the weapon for cleaning
Targets
Target backers
Stapler and/or tape

TR

TR Sir,

Thank you for providing a great list. Am confident that all of the items will be there at the outdoor targets to be used. But it never is to be taken lightly, and a double and tripple check is always a good idea.

Being Prepared is always my first priority.

Holly
Old 08-23-2017, 17:18   #39
rsdengler
Area Commander

Quote:
Thanks Rita,

No shorts of any kind will be a part of this shooting exercise. Since my "friend" is taking the time to do this, the least I can do is Be Prepared with proper outfitting.

All kidding aside, this is a very serious undertaking on my part, and am very grateful to have this opportunity to learn from someone who knows what to do with a firearm.

Hope your lessons continue to go well Rita! The more intelligent females that are armed, the better.

Holly
LOL, you know I was only joking Best of luck on your training, I am still set for September and I will keep you updated

Rita

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
Old 08-23-2017, 18:45   #40
Peregrino
Quiet Professional

Serendipitous that I should get my September American Rifleman today. Page 73 has an article, "The Ladies Pistol Project", detailing an experiment by women, for women to figure out what constitutes the ideal firearm for a woman. Bottom line - 35 women x 18 different handguns (all the women volunteered to shoot all the pistols! [free ammo and somebody else to clean up the aftermath - no surprises there!]) with a survey after each pistol and tallying of surveys to determine ranking. The results challenge some of the popular myths. IMNSHO - Worth the read.
A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.

~ Marcus Tullius Cicero (42B.C)
Peregrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 05:00   #41
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrino View Post
Serendipitous that I should get my September American Rifleman today. Page 73 has an article, "The Ladies Pistol Project", IMNSHO - Worth the read.
Found a link and brief intro video:

http://cdn.americanrifleman.org/arti...istol-project/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSGE...ature=youtu.be

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 11:09   #42
rsdengler
Area Commander

Thanks both for the article and links. Very thoughtful read on the subject of handguns, etc. for women.

I do have a question, I am normally a very high stung person, which means I cannot sit still, and I always have to be moving around. My instructor kept telling me "relax, breath, take your time". But I have a very hard time "relaxing", does anyone have some good suggestions before I go back on the range next time? I always feel like I want to run around the block several times just to relax.

Thanks for any advice, now I have to go run around the building because I am way too hyper right now.....

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
Old 08-24-2017, 11:50   #43
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
I'll let the 18D's give you a professional remote diagnostic answer,,

But Whisky helps me

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 12:40   #44
rsdengler
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_BPK View Post
I'll let the 18D's give you a professional remote diagnostic answer,,

But Whisky helps me
Hummm...Whisky...Na, then I would just be drunk and giddy I don't take hard liquor well, even if it is a swig...

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
Old 08-29-2017, 13:23   #45
PRB
Quiet Professional

This is from a retired OSI Agent that worked world wide in civvies...thought the ladies here might appreciate her comments.

Jen's response to a carry question

My experience is that unless you are very slim or built like a 10 year old boy, there's always going to be some fit issues. The waist/hip curve is going to potentially make your gun stick out. Belt loops can be damn near impossible to find (except on jeans or utility pants) and concealing with a jacket ... just makes a big lump. Another issue can be boobs (yes, really); when you draw, your gun side breast can get in the way. Is it a showstopper? Not necessarily, but something to practice and contend with. The good, old-fashioned hip holster seemed to do the job best for me. I wouldn't dream of keeping a weapon anywhere but ON my body. Can't use it if you can't get to it. You may have to opt for higher pants (no low-rise) to make sure the belt stays securely on your waist, too. And on the note of belts, unless someone has come up with a retention gadget, when it's time to visit the bathroom, loop the flat end of your belt back around the first belt loop to keep it from slipping out. I've seen lots of guns hit the floor in the ladies' room, and that's a big no-go. My two cents'.
PRB is offline   Reply With Quote