Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > The Pipeline (Special Forces Training) > 18A

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 14:11   #61
Atilla
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dozer523 View Post
He's back, he's back! My life is complete!! (Sell my clothes, I'm goin' to Heaven)
Atilla, there is NO way you could ever disappoint me. You ALWAYS live up to my expectations.
With any luck there will be an snow and an icestorm. Hey, it delayed the inevitable for the Phillies!
Dozer,

I am always happy to make your day more complete. I hope you having an especially good personal and professional fall season.

Always my best,
Atilla

P.S. Snow and Ice are no deterrents, have to be at least a class 5 natural disaster to make me blink.
Old 10-12-2009, 17:20   #62
Dozer523
BANNED USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
See, Christmas came early this year!

TR
And MY BIRTHDAY! All rolled into one.
Old 10-12-2009, 17:22   #63
Dozer523
BANNED USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
Dozer,
, have to be at least a class 5 natural disaster to make me blink.
Class 5 disaster? Don't be such a wuss.
Old 10-12-2009, 23:26   #64
Atilla
Asset

Quote:
Class 5 disaster? Don't be such a wuss.
I said blink not flinch Dozer. Although interestingly enough i thought of a quick story that you may enjoy.

This summer i watched the SF candidates do some god awful stuff and not even bat an eyelash in pursuit of their tabs. Long movements with no sleep and no food while us G's were snacking on hidden supplies. Covering the watch cause we were to "stupid" to know how after their hellacious infil, which made us all immediately feel sorry for them. Smelling like amonia in the heat as their bodies ate themselves. No complaints, no gripes just a motivated attitude and a desire for their goal. As i said never batted and eyelash just embraced the suck and drove on... that is until the cadre TS decided to make a point to the guys.

He had an order sent down from "higher" stating that all personnel were to have clean shaves and high and tights so as to fit in with the local populace better. I tell you it was the funniest thing i have seen in a long time. They all damn near mutinied right there, they tried to wait him out hoping he wouldn't follow through or would forget about it. No dice, the G chief had me (do to my intimate experience with H&T's) administer said sentence while also instructing us G's to be insulted that the SF team was too good for haircuts like ours (all ROTC cadets). I felt so bad for them but it did reiterate something they eventually realized too. It is just hair and it that is what you have to do to complete the mission that is what you do.

I just thought of that thinking of someone standing in the face of hell and carnage and not batting an eyelash but losing their s*** when high an tights are ordered.

The things we hold onto for comfort, I know this was a bit off topic but I remember we used to be like this with hair too in the Marines, why do people get so attached to hair when they get a little salty, I have been guilty, just funny to me why it is always hair.

Back to HW and PT.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:36   #65
Dozer523
BANNED USER

Quote:
I said blink not flinch Dozer. Although, interestingly enough, I thought of a quick story that you might enjoy.

This summer, I watched the SF candidates do some God awful stuff and not even bat an eyelash in pursuit of their tabs. Long movements with no sleep and no food while we G's snacked on hidden supplies. They covered the watch (cause we were to "stupid" to know how) after their hellacious infil, which made us all immediately feel sorry for them. These Amazing Soldiers smelled like amonia in the heat as their bodies ate themselves. No complaints, no gripes, were heard; just a motivated attitude and a desire for their goal. As I said, They never batted and eyelash they just embraced the suck and drove on... that is until the cadre TS decided to make a point to the guys.

He had an order sent down from "higher" stating that all personnel were to have clean shaves and high and tights to fit in better with the local populace better. I tell you it was the funniest thing i have seen in a long time. They all damn near mutinied right there! They tried to wait him out hoping he wouldn't follow through or would forget about it. No dice, the G Chief had me (do to my intimate experience with H&T's) administer said sentence while also instructing all G's to be insulted the SF team was too good for haircuts like ours (all ROTC cadets). I felt so badly for them, but it did reiterate something they eventually realized too. It is just hair and if cutting it is what you have to do to complete the mission that is what you do.

I just thought of that thinking of someone standing in the face of hell and carnage and not batting an eyelash but losing their s*** when high an tights are ordered. (I have no clue.)

The things we hold onto for comfort. I know this was a bit off topic; but I remember we used to be like this with hair too in the Marines. Why do people get so attached to hair when they get a little salty? I have been guilty. It's just funny to me why it is always hair.

Back to HW and PT.
You post and all can hear is a dog whistle.
Proof read.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:41   #66
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

If you are reduced to telling your best Robin Sage story, we have indeed, sunk to a new low.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
Old 10-13-2009, 11:59   #67
Atilla
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
If you are reduced to telling your best Robin Sage story, we have indeed, sunk to a new low.

TR
TR Sir,

Sorry to disappoint, should have remembered there is no quarter given here but I suppose I'm not asking for any either.

I was trying to share one of my only stories that is pertinent to this site. I am sure I would draw even more fire if I started busting out Marine war stories.

Dozer,

The day I please you is the day the day of the rapture. I took a little literary license and I apologize.

Respectfully,
Atilla
Old 10-13-2009, 16:51   #68
Utah Bob
Quiet Professional

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Lazy Bob Ranch
Old 10-13-2009, 18:22   #69
Dozer523
BANNED USER

Quote:
Dozer,
The day I please you is the day the day of the rapture. I took a little literary license and I apologize.

Respectfully,Atilla
Atilla

Spare me. Hunter S. Thompson takes literary license. ee cummings takes literary license. One must be capable of stringing words together into intelligent sentences (capitalizing, using proper punctuation, correct spelling, not switching verb tenses) before one can claim literary license. You can't write; and won't even proofread your posts.
Just to be on the safe side, I'm going to switch to Atheism. I would rather be "standing in the face of Hell (capitol letter H) and carnage and not batting an eyelash" at the Rapture (Capitol letter R) then run the risk of being pleased by you.

Is there anyone else who thinks that this "Yo Gabba Gabba It's all about Me, ATILLA! Tee Hee" Thread should be closed?

Last edited by Dozer523; 10-13-2009 at 18:24. Reason: practicing what I preach
Old 10-14-2009, 12:14   #70
Utah Bob
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Atilla

Is there anyone else who thinks that this "Yo Gabba Gabba It's all about Me, ATILLA! Tee Hee" Thread should be closed?
Yes. It was marginally entertaining, but I have grown weary of it.
Have to sign off now and go down to the Department of Verbiage to get my literary license renewed.
Lazy Bob Ranch
Old 10-14-2009, 12:17   #71
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

A request from QPs is good enough.

Done.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
Closed Thread